Sim/Cell Cards

I agree; for two days I would use the Roam Like Home too if I didn't want to fuss with eSIMs or physical SIMs. But these days I'm not keen to pay Telus any more than I already do!

I agree; for two days I would use the Roam Like Home too if I didn't want to fuss with eSIMs or physical SIMs. But these days I'm not keen to pay Telus any more than I already do!
Totally understandable. It's more convenient to use the Roam Like Home option but you do end up paying for that convenience. But since I'd been swapping SIMs for a very long time I guess it's never bothered me much.

Wifi has always been great for me - back in 2019 I used wifi to get a great boarding group for the Rise of the Resistance virtual queue while in the park.

Last week - it sucked really really bad. In AK, DHS, and Epcot in random places and random times.

Note - we struggled a bit with esim this trip which was really annoying.

Tmobile 30 day trial with esim:
- 3 iphones had no issues. We did have to switch to a US itunes account and change the payment method to a credit card with a US billing address. Also had to supply a US phone number. (Used a free phone number generated through the free Talkatone app)

Visible trial with esim:
- 2 iphones had no trouble. One phone required restarting for data to kick in although phone calls had no issues. Then I was an idiot and had a typo in DD’s email address. After that, no matter what I tried, including contacting support, it insisted she had already signed up for a free trial and was no longer eligible. This one did not require switching to a US itunes account and no credit card was required. We used an old US phone number that hasn’t been active in many years.

US mobile trial with esim:
- could not get esim to work on any iphone and it kept saying our phones were not compatible in the final stages of the process.

US mobile with physical SIM:
- thankfully we had ordered one physical sim (meant for my mother’s Android). They ship sims to Canada with an extra fee although I had mine shipped to a friend in the US. Took under a week to arrive. After activation, we were able to move this sim around to 3 different phones and they all worked AFTER restarting the phone.
- to cancel the trial, you login to your account and remove your CC from autopay and it will eventually delete the account a month or so later when no payment has been made. There is no actual way to cancel it. In future trials, I would remove my CC much earlier.
- they are rather deceptive and insist on a credit card and say they start charging you when the trial is over. I was charged $39.79 only 8 days into my 10 day trial. I contacted customer support (via live chat) and after verifying who I was (normally via SMS but after I explained I was no longer in the US, they asked for the sim card number and verification via email), the agent said he cancelled my account and they would reverse the charges. It’s been about 3 business days and I am still waiting for the refund. After 5-7 business days I will pursue it again.

Has anyone seen an option for travel to US and Mexico. We have 2 vacations booked about a week each About a month apart.

Wifi has always been great for me - back in 2019 I used wifi to get a great boarding group for the Rise of the Resistance virtual queue while in the park.

Last week - it sucked really really bad. In AK, DHS, and Epcot in random places and random times.

Note - we struggled a bit with esim this trip which was really annoying.

Tmobile 30 day trial with esim:
- 3 iphones had no issues. We did have to switch to a US itunes account and change the payment method to a credit card with a US billing address. Also had to supply a US phone number. (Used a free phone number generated through the free Talkatone app)

Visible trial with esim:
- 2 iphones had no trouble. One phone required restarting for data to kick in although phone calls had no issues. Then I was an idiot and had a typo in DD’s email address. After that, no matter what I tried, including contacting support, it insisted she had already signed up for a free trial and was no longer eligible. This one did not require switching to a US itunes account and no credit card was required. We used an old US phone number that hasn’t been active in many years.

US mobile trial with esim:
- could not get esim to work on any iphone and it kept saying our phones were not compatible in the final stages of the process.

US mobile with physical SIM:
- thankfully we had ordered one physical sim (meant for my mother’s Android). They ship sims to Canada with an extra fee although I had mine shipped to a friend in the US. Took under a week to arrive. After activation, we were able to move this sim around to 3 different phones and they all worked AFTER restarting the phone.
- to cancel the trial, you login to your account and remove your CC from autopay and it will eventually delete the account a month or so later when no payment has been made. There is no actual way to cancel it. In future trials, I would remove my CC much earlier.
- they are rather deceptive and insist on a credit card and say they start charging you when the trial is over. I was charged $39.79 only 8 days into my 10 day trial. I contacted customer support (via live chat) and after verifying who I was (normally via SMS but after I explained I was no longer in the US, they asked for the sim card number and verification via email), the agent said he cancelled my account and they would reverse the charges. It’s been about 3 business days and I am still waiting for the refund. After 5-7 business days I will pursue it again.
Update:
Aug 21: my credit card was charged $39.49, 3 days before my free trial expired Aug 23
Aug 25: I complained via live chat and agent promised to reverse the chathes and formally cancel my account
Sep 1: refund appeared on my credit card

I would use US Mobile again, keeping a close eye on my credit card.

Anyone has a Airalo referral code? I would like to try their eSIM (I have a new iPhone14 Pro so it should be compatible) this weekend for a short trip to Boston.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter