Silver Lake Resort vs Silver Lake Resort-Silver Points?

Mick

Mouseketeer
Can anyone tell me the difference? At RCI website it says they both have the same address but Silver Lake Resort is rated silver crown and Silver points is gold crown. I am confused.

Has anyone stayed there?

They are the same resort, it just depends on your check in day and sleep configuration of the unit you received from RCI that determines the assigned building.

Silver Points is the brand new section and is nicer than the original Silver Lake. Yes, they are on the same property and share facilities. Silver Points has the flat screen TVs, and all the blgds have elevators I believe (they were still being built when i stayed at SL in May 04).

Straitlover,

Did you post a review of Silver Tips that you posted. Was it a nice resort? Would you stay again?

Silver Points are the newer buildings 800, 900 and 1000.

The units are smaller but better decorated. There are granite countertops and wood cabinets in the kitchen but a small whirlpool tub in the master bath. The bedrooms have carpet and there are elevators in each building. The units look much better than the older units but are often full and maintenance can suffer from their frequent use.

The units in the older buildings (100-700) are larger but not as nicely decorated. There are mirrors on many walls and noise echos off the walls. There is a large 1980s white laminate kitchen. The floors are all tile so they are hard on the feet. The master bathroom tub is huge but the tile on the floors get very slippery wet.

The largest buildings (1700-1800) are being refurbished. I think building 1700 has all new furniture. The two bedroom units have very small carpeted master bedrooms but also have a large master bath with large tub. Noise from the pool can be a problem for pool side rooms unit 11PM, but the views are nice. There is an elevator and the first floor houses the work out room and free computers.

The resort isn't as nice as many in the area, but the location is ideal. Maintenance is spotty. I expect a few problems that I will have take care of once I arrive. I love the short drive to the parks and stay there often for this reason (and the cheap price of course).

The only building I avoid is building 400 that backs up to Sherbeth Road. It is noisy and not very private.

Good report Bearzabout!

It is hard to find anything on Silver Point so if anyone else has experience I would love to hear about it.

I am trying to decide between here and Vistana Villages farther away.:)

Straitlover,

Did you post a review of Silver Tips that you posted. Was it a nice resort? Would you stay again?

I stayed in the older part, not Silver Points. I got my week through SkyAuction for around $265 for the week, so if I ever got either section for that price, you bet I'd stay there again! I've only seen the outside of Silver Points in person; the inside, I've only seen pictures people have posted here on the DIS.

So you are saying that the actual resort is all the same it is just the room/building itself that looks different? Other than that it is all together?

So you are saying that the actual resort is all the same it is just the room/building itself that looks different? Other than that it is all together?

I am pretty sure that is what I already said in my response to you already

Thanks Siobhan1997, when I read your first post I did not read it to say that but now after rereading it I do. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter