Silly Question about Bonine??

Ethelina

Mouseketeer
This is really a silly question but do you say it "Bonine" ( long i like the number 9) or "Bonine(like neen)?? I know its stupid but I have heard it both ways?

Thanks!
E

I'm personally a "bah-neen" person, but I've heard it both ways as well. They'll know what you're asking for.

I don't think it's a stupid question, because I've always wanted to know too! I always say "bo nine".

I say ba - neen. I figure it is because my sisters name is Janine, and we don't say Ja - nine(9), we say Ja - neen. But, that is just my logic! :teeth:

We say Bo - neen.

the other way sounds too much like a tumor to us.

two-foxes said:
I say ba - neen. I figure it is because my sisters name is Janine, and we don't say Ja - nine(9), we say Ja - neen. But, that is just my logic! :teeth:

This is too funny. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I always say "bo-neen" but only because Dramamine is pronounced "drama-meen" so I figure that's the right way

Gosh, I never even thought of it...We say bo-nine(9), and I never really even considered there being another way to say it! LOL
Come to think of it, though, I've never actually heard anyone else say it. I've only seen it on the boards...
Hmmmmm....

-Christal

"bo 9" sounded too close to "bovine" to me, and because I didn't want to get a drug for cows by mistake, I said "bo-neen". ;)

You guys are too funny! :rotfl: Thanks for my laugh of the day. I never know how to pronounce it either, so I just spell it for everyone. Actually I want to get "bonnie"n out of it myself. I have no idea why. :confused3 Whatever we call it, I know it works, and that's really what matters. :boat: pirate:

Having been on Meclizine for another problem...I've always pronounced it /neen/ I guess that's the way it is? Tomato/Tomado :teeth:

Brand NamesReturn to top

Some commonly used brand names are:

In the U.S.—

* Antivert3
* Antivert/253
* Antivert/503
* Bonine3
* Dramamine II3
* Marezine2
* Meclicot3
* Medivert3

In Canada—

* Bonamine3
* Marzine2

Note:
For quick reference, the following medicines are numbered to match the corresponding brand names.
This information applies to the following medicines:
1. Buclizine (BYOO-kli-zeen)*
2. Cyclizine (SYE-kli-zeen)

3. Meclizine (MEK-li-zeen)‡

cass'mom said:
Having been on Meclizine for another problem...I've always pronounced it /neen/ I guess that's the way it is? Tomato/Tomado :teeth:

Nah, you pronounce it that way because you're from Cleveland! (It is the right way to say it, after all!!! :teeth: ) I was born and raised in Lakewood, then I moved out to Bronco country...still love the Browns and still hate the Broncos!!!!

Neen it is.

Oooh... two-foxes is a west sider... shall we discuss the division between the west side suburbs and the east side suburbs (where I live!)? :rotfl2: You must be so hated out in Bronco country!!! You know how much we like them here! Go Brownies! (Our cry every year and forever...)

Too close to call.....but I think so far the "neen" 's are ahead.......I think I like saying it with a low southern drawl....bo- (9) This has been fun to read!! :rotfl:

Ethelina

Well, I guess I have always thought of it as bo(9), but after reading all the arguments I have been swayed to the "neen" side. Maybe we should post a poll....

I'm a pharmacy school dropout, but I do remember one piece of info, and that is if the chemical ends in "ine", it's pronounced "een". But what about iodine and urine?, I asked my prof. Well, he said we all should be saying iodeen and ureen. :confused3

:earboy2: It's Bo-Ten out here in Colorado due to the elevation.

I'm also a Donkey(Bronco)Hater. Being from NJ I'm a life long GIANTS fan.

GO YANKEES!

All that I care is that is available for free outside the medical clinic onboard, right? :confused3

Can anyone confirm that Bonine is available outside the clinic 24 hours a day if you get there and suddenly decide you are seasick? :confused3

Thank you! We are sailing in less than 30 days on our first DCL cruise! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter