Signature dress codes???!

Does the dress code keep you or your partner from signature dining?

• Yes, we only bring park clothes

• No, we are dressed for anything that arises

• While we have the clothes we prefer casual dining

• Signature what?

Results are only viewable after voting.

hotcarib

DIS Veteran
I would really like to try a signature other than Cellier but DH doesn't pack any clothes other than cargo shorts, tennies and t-shirts. If I make a reservation at FF, Cali Grill etc. will they let him in?
TIA

Unless the signature has a specific dress code, we dine in our normal park clothes. Keep in mind that our clothing comes from AK, Loft, Gucci, Armani, etc - so even casual wear can be dressed up!

We ate at Jiko last month and saw many people wearing park clothing. Guests who were reading the dress code guidelines were happy to see jeans listed!

Good to hear;) I am always cool with the fact that I like to dress up and my DH does not...it's it's sometimes I'd like to eat someplace else; TY!!!:banana::banana::banana:

Good to hear;) I am always cool with the fact that I like to dress up and my DH does not...it's it's sometimes I'd like to eat someplace else; TY!!!:banana::banana::banana:

My DH is the same way. There is no way I would tell him to dress up when casual park attire is within guidelines. Have a wonderful time dining!

This is the dress code for most of the signatures (copied from the official site)

Guest Policies
•Dress Code Guidelines:
Men: Khakis, slacks, jeans, dress shorts, collared shirts. Sport coats are optional.
Ladies: Capris, skirts, dresses, jeans, dress shorts.

Not permitted in dining room: Tank tops, swimwear, hats for gentleman, cut offs, or torn clothing. While T-shirts are now allowed, the policy remains that T-shirts with offensive language or graphics are not acceptable.

As you see, the dress code is quite casual and I certainly don't think it is onerous. No reason why your hubby can't throw a golf shirt and a dressier pair of shorts into his suitcase.

This is the dress code for most of the signatures (copied from the official site)

Guest Policies
•Dress Code Guidelines:
Men: Khakis, slacks, jeans, dress shorts, collared shirts. Sport coats are optional.
Ladies: Capris, skirts, dresses, jeans, dress shorts.

Not permitted in dining room: Tank tops, swimwear, hats for gentleman, cut offs, or torn clothing. While T-shirts are now allowed, the policy remains that T-shirts with offensive language or graphics are not acceptable.

As you see, the dress code is quite casual and I certainly don't think it is onerous. No reason why your hubby can't throw a golf shirt and a dressier pair of shorts into his suitcase.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
You have obviously never encountered the brick wall I call DH:)

My DH is the same way. There is no way I would tell him to dress up when casual park attire is within guidelines. Have a wonderful time dining!
IKR!
He doesn't feel as if it is vacation if collars and shoes are involved:confused3

IKR!
He doesn't feel as if it is vacation if collars and shoes are involved:confused3

Won't he bend, just one night for you?
When we go to the Signatures, DH wears dress shorts, a collared shirt and dress (leather) sandals. I wear linen capris. a fancy blouse and fancy sandals. So not "dressed up", but dressed "nicely". A Signature is meant to be an upscale dining experience and they are asking guests to dress for that.
Although you may find people in park clothes, I would not be comfortable.

I did not answer your Poll, but dress code at V&A keeps us away.

If I can make a suggestion for your husband so that you do not feel awkward - can he bring one shirt with a collar (not a dress shirt, but what is often referred to as a polo shirt). Other than that, as long as his shorts are not cutoffs, he will be admitted. And he be admitted with a t-shirt more than likely too.

It's still Disney.:smickey:

Hopefully said:
Won't he bend, just one night for you?
When we go to the Signatures, DH wears dress shorts, a collared shirt and dress (leather) sandals. I wear linen capris. a fancy blouse and fancy sandals. So not "dressed up", but dressed "nicely". A Signature is meant to be an upscale dining experience and they are asking guests to dress for that.
Although you may find people in park clothes, I would not be comfortable.

That's you though. And that's ok! You like to wear linen pants, some people don't. We generally eat at least 3 signature meals each trip. Last trip we did 3 and V&A. There are plenty of people in park attire at all the signatures. Citricos, one of our favorites, has become completely casual, with lots of park going families. DH and I also like to dress nicely for the signatures, but we certainly don't pay any mind to how others choose to dress. I always wear tanks to signatures. I have some gorgeous tanks. I think it's funny that the dress code says no tank tops at the signatures.

Anyway, to the OP, the dress code is beyond lax. Go and be comfortable and don't worry about it! Remember the heat aspect too. These restaurants are used to people coming in hot and sweaty and whatnot. S'all good.

I've seen a few of these threads addressing the question of how casual you can dress at the signatures but I haven't seen much about how often people actually get dresses up.

I can see from a few of the comments here that a number of the guests at the signatures wear casual attire but my hubby and I are having a romantic parents only night at narcoosees and wondering how Dressed up we can get.

Do women wear full length dresses, men full on suits? As we would really like to make an effort to make it special for us.

I understand why others may prefer to have casual attire for then heading into the parks and comfort etc but im just wondering from my own requirements :).

phi2012 said:
I've seen a few of these threads addressing the question of how casual you can dress at the signatures but I haven't seen much about how often people actually get dresses up.

I can see from a few of the comments here that a number of the guests at the signatures wear casual attire but my hubby and I are having a romantic parents only night at narcoosees and wondering how Dressed up we can get.

Do women wear full length dresses, men full on suits? As we would really like to make an effort to make it special for us.

I understand why others may prefer to have casual attire for then heading into the parks and comfort etc but im just wondering from my own requirements :).

I think the gist of the thread is that one should wear whatever fits their comfort level as long as it is within suggested guidelines. For a romantic night out, if you and DH want to dress up, go for it and don't worry how others are dressed. MY DD and her DH went to Narcoossee's on her wedding day - she in her short wedding dress and he in his tux - they were fine because it was their "day" and they were celebrating!

I think the gist of the thread is that one should wear whatever fits their comfort level as long as it is within suggested guidelines. For a romantic night out, if you and DH want to dress up, go for it and don't worry how others are dressed. MY DD and her DH went to Narcoossee's on her wedding day - she in her short wedding dress and he in his tux - they were fine because it was their "day" and they were celebrating!

I agree with this. We have seen everything from formal attire on wedding parties (we had my DDs wedding dinner in the back room at Citricos) to the most casual (bordering on sloppy). What I find disappointing (at the resort signatures) are the guests with so little respect for both the restaurant and themselves, that they arrive sweaty,dishevelled and dirty straight from the parks. No attempt to clean themselves up before arriving. This may be fine inside the parks, but IMO is really unacceptable at a finer dining establishment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter