Side dishes for Chicken Marsala?

PoohBearLovinMama

DIS Veteran
What would you serve with Chicken Marsala? I was thinking Garlic Mashed potatoes, but that's as far as I got.

We're putting off our big family get together until Mon and my in laws are coming over for just dinner on Sun. I thought I'd make a chicken marsala for Christmas dinner, since we'll be having Turkey and Ham on Mon. I just can't think of what good side dishes go well with Chicken marsala. Any good ideas?

What about some of those Pasta Roni noodles? Garlic and Olive Oil, Parmesan, etc. We really like that brand over the Lipton noodles.

I was going to say steamed broccoli or asparagus with parmesan cheese, minced garlic and a drizzle of olive oil.

Chicken Marsala is one of my favorites, and when I have it in restaurants they usually pair it with mashed potatoes or garlic mashed and I find them to be too heavy. I think asparagus or broccoli is a great idea. At home I use Lipton Lemon flavored rice. OOPs, just remembered it is Uncle Ben's, not Lipton....

I like some sort of pasta with Chicken Marsala because the sauce is so good. Also, sauteed garlic spinach (fresh not frozen) and garlic bread.

Lisa

With Chicken Marsala, I would serve some angel hair pasta on the side (pour some of that yummo sauce over), along with some some steamed broccoli florets with freshed squeezed lemon juice. :cool1:

What about a huge tossed salad? I think a good salad works for just about everything....but then I could eat a salad every day of the week so take that w/a grain of salt! :flower: Angel hair pasta sounds good too.

Karen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter