Shuttle Launch OCT 10: View from USO?

samepoohdifferentday

Mouseketeer
I am planning on going to HHN on Oct 9. Will I be able to see the space shuttle launch from Universal Studios / Citywalk area (Oct 10 at 12:45am)?

I am planning on going to HHN on Oct 9. Will I be able to see the space shuttle launch from Universal Studios / Citywalk area (Oct 10 at 12:45am)?
You'll be able to see a bright light streaking across the sky but that's about it...no detail or anything. It's still cool to see.

You'll be able to see a bright light streaking across the sky but that's about it...no detail or anything. It's still cool to see.

Metro, do you know how bad the crowds get at the Kennedy Space Center during shuttle launches? We aren't doing HHN thursday night, so I was thinking about taking a trip to KSC for the launch.

Metro, do you know how bad the crowds get at the Kennedy Space Center during shuttle launches? We aren't doing HHN thursday night, so I was thinking about taking a trip to KSC for the launch.
The traffic is much worse than the normal crowds. Since this launch is supposed to be very late/early, the timing should help keep the crowds down. It might be a good time to take the day and ride over.

The traffic is much worse than the normal crowds. Since this launch is supposed to be very late/early, the timing should help keep the crowds down. It might be a good time to take the day and ride over.

Thanks. Thursday is when we arrive in Florida and should get to HRH between noon and 1 PM. Between checking into the hotel and contacting some of the Disboard members, I don't know if we'll get the time to go to KSC.

If we drive, I'd have to rent a car for the night. I looked out at the KSC website and they referred to 2 Orlando tour groups that provided transportation and a KSC viewing ticket. But the prices for those tour groups are steep at $110 per adult (for 4 adults). I'm sure my wife and I will talk about it tonight. She also liked the idea of watching the shuttle launch.

we watched delta rocket launch from jetty park (nice, since we allowed enough time to get to swim in the ocean too:thumbsup2 ); u could see fine

many others were parked along the bridge/causeways over to port canaveral area

we watched delta rocket launch from jetty park (nice, since we allowed enough time to get to swim in the ocean too:thumbsup2 ); u could see fine

many others were parked along the bridge/causeways over to port canaveral area

You can find information on viewing here:

http://www.launchphotography.com/Shuttle_Launch_Viewing.html

Yes, absolutely try to make the trip over. Keep in mind the launch date is looking just about certain to slip a couple of days to the 11/12.

Thank you both!:thumbsup2

I'm strongly thinking on doing this but will need to check with my group and see if they want to do this. My wife is interested and I'm pretty sure my parents won't object to watching the lift-off. If it gets delayed a day or two, we will have to skip it as I have tickets for HHN for the evening of the 10th, and we're planning to do the RPR luau on the 11th.

Thank you both!:thumbsup2

I'm strongly thinking on doing this but will need to check with my group and see if they want to do this. My wife is interested and I'm pretty sure my parents won't object to watching the lift-off. If it gets delayed a day or two, we will have to skip it as I have tickets for HHN for the evening of the 10th, and we're planning to do the RPR luau on the 11th.

::yes::

be there
or
be square

It's official: STS-125/Atlantis is now due to lift off on Oct. 14 at 10:19pm EDT. STS-126/Endeavour is now due to lift off Nov. 16 at 7:07pm EST.

sorry Mr. Sneetch missed it:hug: sure know what that's like...almost as though u do need a couple week window of time & flexibility:confused3 , safety 1st though!

that said, anytime after 11 am on 10/18 is okay by me;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter