shuttle launch help

macewindu

Mouseketeer
If you have ever seen a shuttle launch from Kennedy space centre could you tell me where you saw it from?

We parked up on the road on the way to Cocoa beach.There are loads of people there with their radio's tuned into NASA so you can hear the countdown. It's a great atmosphere and of course it's FREE

:thumbsup2We saw a shuttle from our hotel room at AKL, but it was a night time launch. It was amazing and we had the tv on as well so we had the sound and the view from our balcony.

We were told that the road to get to the launch gets very busy on the launch days so we did not bother going - we were really pleased with watching it from our room - I was quite emotional seeing it as we had never seen one all the times we have been to Orlando. It is an amazing sight!

We've seen two launches both daytime. The first from the car park of our hotel on International Drive and the second by Crystal Palace in Magic Kingdom. On both occassions it was a great experience.
I'm sure the atmosphere is fantastic from KSC, but be warned as launches can be cancelled at a moments notice, so you could lose out a day/days of your holiday chasing one.

We saw one from Space View Park in Titusville in May and it was amazing! The view across the water is great! And they have the live audio feed. This is also free and there are places to get food/drink etc.

I have also seen a launch from KSC which i have to say was better. Not only could you see it but you can feel it too - the ground shakes so much you wouldnt believe. That and the sound really made it incredible to view from there.

However it is a lot of money to view actually from KSC and like others have said there is always a high chance it will get cancelled. I believe on a launch day now everything is closed? When we went (before 9/11) as it was a late afternoon launch we got to do all of KSC (apart from the launch pad viewing platform) during the day so it was worth it.

We saw one from Space View Park in Titusville in May and it was amazing! The view across the water is great! And they have the live audio feed. This is also free and there are places to get food/drink etc.

You must have been there to see the same launch we were. Finally, after travelling to orlando for 12 years we got to see a launch, all previous launches have been cancelled or delayed. The atmosphere was great at Space View Park. We thought we would have trouble getting parked, but we went quite early and managed to get a space by the side of the road.

Alba
:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter