Shulas Dress Code

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luv2CtheMouse

DIS Veteran
Do people usually dress really nice for Shulas given the prices or is park attire okay? (shorts, t-shirts)

I've never seen anyone at the Swan/ Dolphin upscale restaurants in t-shirts. Dress shorts and polos on men, yes, but not park attire.

They have same suggested dress code as Disney signatures.

When we've eaten at Shulas, my mom and I (I'm a teenager :) ) wear a nicer, white t-shirt with Minnie and some jewels on it and black shorts. My dad and brother (13 y.o) wear polos and black shorts. We didn't feel out of place. This was after returning to the hotel to shower and change, though; I couldn't imagine going in there all sweaty in tanktops and flipflops after a day at the parks.

Because Shula's is in a convention/meeting hotel, they tend to get a much larger share of "true" business casual attire.
However, the dress code is the same as for all other Disney signatures so shorts and a t-shirt would get you in---

Good. That is what I was thinking. My plan was to change clothes before heading to dinner. Sounds like we will not be over-dressed.

I would go with "overdressed" before going with "underdressed." When we've been, we haven't seen people in shorts with t's. I'd say shorts are ok but maybe do a nicer top (polo or something for men.) As PP said, many people will be in "business casual"- many customers aren't park guests, they're convention guests. Also, some of the waitstaff are a bit "stuffy"...ok or not, you'd probably get better service dressed nicer (I'm not saying its right...just that it happens.)

Do people usually dress really nice for Shulas given the prices or is park attire okay? (shorts, t-shirts)

I am a local and you've touched on one of my pet peeves. It seems like some tourists think you can go anywhere in park attire and that is not the case at one of the better restaurants like this. I have seen T-shirts, shorts and flip flops at California Grill and am just amazed at the cluelessness of some people in nice places. Sorry for the brief rant, but that's my very opinionated opinion.

I am a local and you've touched on one of my pet peeves. It seems like some tourists think you can go anywhere in park attire and that is not the case at one of the better restaurants like this. I have seen T-shirts, shorts and flip flops at California Grill and am just amazed at the cluelessness of some people in nice places. Sorry for the brief rant, but that's my very opinionated opinion.

And I'm amazed that people don't fully expect this type of attire in the world's largest theme park. Obviously, you can go anywhere on property in park attire. Honestly, it's not practical to do otherwise for most people. I certainly wouldn't expect someone to take what could very easily be several hours out of their day in order to return to whatever resort they are staying, shower, change, etc. especially if they are returning to one of the parks after their meal.

And I'm amazed that people don't fully expect this type of attire in the world's largest theme park. Obviously, you can go anywhere on property in park attire. Honestly, it's not practical to do otherwise for most people. I certainly wouldn't expect someone to take what could very easily be several hours out of their day in order to return to whatever resort they are staying, shower, change, etc. especially if they are returning to one of the parks after their meal.

I don't expect a suit and tie, but even if you are spending the day in the park, if you know you're having dinner in a signature restaurant, can you opt for the khaki shorts and polo instead of the swim trunks with the stained t-shirt? Or the sundress instead of the tube top with the daisy dukes?

I don't expect a suit and tie, but even if you are spending the day in the park, if you know you're having dinner in a signature restaurant, can you opt for the khaki shorts and polo instead of the swim trunks with the stained t-shirt? Or the sundress instead of the tube top with the daisy dukes?

Because that is exactly what I said. :rolleyes1

Never understand why people pay so much money to worry about what the people at the next table are wearing or what the kids across the room are doing. I eat at places that I enjoy and with people that I enjoy eating with and 99.99% of the time have no clue who what is next to me or what heppened around me.... I found out later by asking as people were talking when we were leaving that a table directly behind us won a night in the castle a few years ago... did not notice when it happened

I agree. I'm not a local but I still think if you are going to eat at a better restaurant, you can at least change into a nicer shirt and shorts/pants. I don't think most flip flops are appropriate, either.

Never understand why people pay so much money to worry about what the people at the next table are wearing or what the kids across the room are doing. I eat at places that I enjoy and with people that I enjoy eating with and 99.99% of the time have no clue who what is next to me or what heppened around me.... I found out later by asking as people were talking when we were leaving that a table directly behind us won a night in the castle a few years ago... did not notice when it happened

But we're paying that much money (at least I am), for the whole package. What other people are wearing/doing ads or subtracts from the ambiance. Why not just have cafeteria style surroundings if noone cares what the place looks like? What everyone is wearing changes what the place looks like...that's why places have dress codes...if you can't even make an attempt to be presentable, why not just go somewhere that doesn't have a dress code?

Why would you not expect people to change out of park attire and into somewhat nicer clothes before going to a fine dining establishment? That is what I do every single time I go to dinner at a signature restaurant. If you aren't prepared to do that, maybe you should not be eating at the signature restaurants.

It's because some people are just angry all the time, have that look like something always smells bad, and have to tell people what they mean, not let them say what they actually said. You can see it in this thread.

Some people are not happy unless they are bittchhing about something, and as long as it doesn't effect others let'um bittch, I'll continue to laugh at them in my shorts t-shirt and flip flops :rotfl:

Why would you not expect people to change out of park attire and into somewhat nicer clothes before going to a fine dining establishment? That is what I do every single time I go to dinner at a signature restaurant. If you aren't prepared to do that, maybe you should not be eating at the signature restaurants.

Maybe you should go somewhere with a dress code :rolleyes:

It's because some people are just angry all the time, have that look like something always smells bad, and have to tell people what they mean, not let them say what they actually said. You can see it in this thread.

Some people are not happy unless they are bittchhing about something, and as long as it doesn't effect others let'um bittch, I'll continue to laugh at them in my shorts t-shirt and flip flops :rotfl:

Noone in this thread has expressed any anger - so I don't know where the judgemental attitude is coming from.
W're discussing whether or not it's appropriate to wear t-shirt, shorts and flip flops to a signature restaurant that has a dress code.
You obviously think it's fine. So, go ahead and wear it - I'm sure they'll let you in..as I said, the only place that really adheres to it is V&A...but keep in mind that it is somewhat inconsiderate to others...the people who wanted an upscale evening and chose a signature place for that reason.
If your daughter decides she wants a black tie affair for her wedding, I doubt she'll be pleased if you show up in shorts and t-shirt....that won't mean she's just an angry person who needs to b..... about others all the time.

Well....yes...PP said t-shirts, shorts and flip flops, to which you replied that you are surprised that people don't fully expect this attire...

Except you took it one step further by saying swimtrunks and a stained t-shirt.

I've worn and will wear t-shirts to signature restaurants many times. Never has my shirt been stained (all such shirts are relegated to garden/workout attire and I wouldn't even wear one to a park).

T-shirts are expressly permitted in the terms of the dress code. If certain people really can't deal with seeing t-shirts at CG or other signature meals, there's always V&A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter