Shrinking Tink: Trading Pounds for Pixie Dust

Thanks guys. It was really just....traumatizing. I really thought I was going to die. My injuries may be worse than the ER said. My doctor sent me for 3 MRI's, a chest x-ray, and a rib series today. I should be getting the results tomorrow.

I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but I also have more bad news. My 13 yr old sister passed away at 12:13 this morning. She went very peacefully though in my mom's arms surrounded by family that loves her, though. She's at rest now and won't be in any more pain. I might be scarce around here for a while.

Thanks guys. It was really just....traumatizing. I really thought I was going to die. My injuries may be worse than the ER said. My doctor sent me for 3 MRI's, a chest x-ray, and a rib series today. I should be getting the results tomorrow.

I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but I also have more bad news. My 13 yr old sister passed away at 12:13 this morning. She went very peacefully though in my mom's arms surrounded by family that loves her, though. She's at rest now and won't be in any more pain. I might be scarce around here for a while.

:hug:Oh what an awful time for you, my thoughts and prayers are with you:goodvibes

I am so sorry, hon. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

I am so sorry about your sister. All of my thoughts and prayers are with you.

:hug: Thanks guys. You really are the best. She was suffering for the last yr and a half. She finally looked at peace last night. I'm happy for her, but sad for us.

Does anyone know how many lbs of water weight it's possible to gain at that TOM?

I ask because today was a pretty bad weigh in day for me, and honestly it took me a bit by surprise. I knew I hadn't been perfect, but I had exercised alot and really I hadn't been that bad. I was feeling good, and thought maybe I had dropped a 1/2 lb or so.

Sigh. I gained. Not just a lb or two. 8 lbs. I think I'm retaining water, as yesterday my feet swelled up about 3 sizes or so. They are still feeling tight and bloated today. I'm just so disgusted. I'm not going to worry though until next week if things don't bounce back.

Does anyone know how many lbs of water weight it's possible to gain at that TOM?

I ask because today was a pretty bad weigh in day for me, and honestly it took me a bit by surprise. I knew I hadn't been perfect, but I had exercised alot and really I hadn't been that bad. I was feeling good, and thought maybe I had dropped a 1/2 lb or so.

Sigh. I gained. Not just a lb or two. 8 lbs. I think I'm retaining water, as yesterday my feet swelled up about 3 sizes or so. They are still feeling tight and bloated today. I'm just so disgusted. I'm not going to worry though until next week if things don't bounce back.

I wish I knew, hon, because I'm up two-three pounds and I have a feeling it's the same dang thing.

I feel like I need to up the exercising to compensate, it's ridiculous! :lmao:

I wish I knew, hon, because I'm up two-three pounds and I have a feeling it's the same dang thing.

I feel like I need to up the exercising to compensate, it's ridiculous! :lmao:

I tried to do a bit of research today, and found one place that said it was possible to gain from 5-10 lbs of water weight, so that might be accounting for yours.

My poor feet as so swollen and bloated today. I feel miserably uncomfortable.

I tried to do a bit of research today, and found one place that said it was possible to gain from 5-10 lbs of water weight, so that might be accounting for yours.

My poor feet as so swollen and bloated today. I feel miserably uncomfortable.

I'm sorry, hon. :hug:

I also do my worst eating wise the week before. I tend to make really poor choices and totally regret it the next week. It all comes off again, of course, but still.

The joys of being a woman. :lmao:

Last week I avoided the scales like the plague. I overindulged a bit over the holiday weekend and was feeling awful all week as a result. This past week has been hit or miss, but I made myself get on the scale anyways yesterday.

I was down 3 lbs. Not great since the last time I got on I was up 8, but down nevertheless.

I wish I knew why I've been having such problems lately. I almost think I'm not planning on eating enough food. I pack my breakfast and lunch and bring it to work with me. I eat it, but I'm still hungry, and find myself snacking on bad stuff. My only saving grace is that I'm exercising nearly daily. If I could just get on track with my eating I'd get much better results though.

I went for a run this morning, and have my aerobics class tonight, so I'm off to a good start exercise wise this week.

Hope all the other shrinking Tinks are seeing the scale go their way!

Last week I avoided the scales like the plague. I overindulged a bit over the holiday weekend and was feeling awful all week as a result. This past week has been hit or miss, but I made myself get on the scale anyways yesterday.

I was down 3 lbs. Not great since the last time I got on I was up 8, but down nevertheless.

I wish I knew why I've been having such problems lately. I almost think I'm not planning on eating enough food. I pack my breakfast and lunch and bring it to work with me. I eat it, but I'm still hungry, and find myself snacking on bad stuff. My only saving grace is that I'm exercising nearly daily. If I could just get on track with my eating I'd get much better results though.

I went for a run this morning, and have my aerobics class tonight, so I'm off to a good start exercise wise this week.

Hope all the other shrinking Tinks are seeing the scale go their way!

Hi If U Had Wings, I need to do exactly what you're doing-plan my food out better. I can pack it in in the morning, that way I won't be making food decisions while hungry. Your thoughts were helpful.
Hope you're having a good end of July. Can't believe it's almost Aug!

Well the scale was back up 3 lbs today. I'm just so disgusted with myself. Sometimes it feels as if all the exercise I've been doing is for nothing, because controling my eating is so difficult. It's not even as if I'm sitting around stuffing myself all day long either. I'm not feeling so hot today, so the scale just made me a bit crankier than usual. Hoping I'm feeling better enough later to go to my Zumba class.

Well the scale was back up 3 lbs today. I'm just so disgusted with myself. Sometimes it feels as if all the exercise I've been doing is for nothing, because controling my eating is so difficult. It's not even as if I'm sitting around stuffing myself all day long either. I'm not feeling so hot today, so the scale just made me a bit crankier than usual. Hoping I'm feeling better enough later to go to my Zumba class.

Oh, hon. I just have to thank you for posting that. Honestly, I've been having a very hard time myself lately, and I've gained some weight back. Very, very frustrating. I really need to get into a more regular work out routine and life has just felt so crazy lately.

Let me know how your class goes! :goodvibes

Oh, hon. I just have to thank you for posting that. Honestly, I've been having a very hard time myself lately, and I've gained some weight back. Very, very frustrating. I really need to get into a more regular work out routine and life has just felt so crazy lately.

Let me know how your class goes! :goodvibes

Thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one having issues lately. I know that I'm solely to blame for this and it's killing me. I did end up going to my class tonight. I just toned it down alot since I still wasn't feeling 100%.

Now we'll see how I feel tomorrow morning for a run.

Thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one having issues lately. I know that I'm solely to blame for this and it's killing me. I did end up going to my class tonight. I just toned it down alot since I still wasn't feeling 100%.

Now we'll see how I feel tomorrow morning for a run.

Good for you! You're sticking with it. That's more than I can say for my exercise routine lately, so I salute you!

I really need to get back on track. You're not the only one, that's for sure. I always find to, a certain week of the month, as in right before, I do a lot of excessive or poor eating. It's so frustrating. :lmao:

I have that same problem. Unfortunatley that week has been extended this time for me. :sad2: Definitely is not helping matters any! :lmao:

Hi to all!! I hope you're all doing well today! I wanted to share with you that my blog is ALL ABOUT healthy recipes and exercise and things like that. Last night I made a really good stuffed zucchini recipe, and if you want to check it and pictures out, I encourage you to do so! I've posted this on other boards so I'm sorry if it's a repeat!

http://anniessimplelife.blogspot.com/2009/07/another-new-recipe.html

:banana:

I hope this inspires someone!

Hi, I am Janell. I am a SAHM of three, and I have been dieting for about 5 weeks and lost 14 lbs so far. I am 6 feet tall and now weigh 230.

I will post pics tomorrow, I need to get to bed, but I wanted to intro myself. We are going to WDW for the first time and I want to have some stamina!

I am thinking of doing a 5K before we go, and I would start training for it this week. I do strength training twice a week and cardio three times.

My goal for this week is to set an exercise schedule for myself and stick to it. I hope to get some inspiration from you all!

Janell:banana:

Hi to all!! I hope you're all doing well today! I wanted to share with you that my blog is ALL ABOUT healthy recipes and exercise and things like that. Last night I made a really good stuffed zucchini recipe, and if you want to check it and pictures out, I encourage you to do so! I've posted this on other boards so I'm sorry if it's a repeat!

http://anniessimplelife.blogspot.com/2009/07/another-new-recipe.html

:banana:

I hope this inspires someone!

Thank you so much for posting that! I am always looking for new recipes! Excellent!

Hi, I am Janell. I am a SAHM of three, and I have been dieting for about 5 weeks and lost 14 lbs so far. I am 6 feet tall and now weigh 230.

I will post pics tomorrow, I need to get to bed, but I wanted to intro myself. We are going to WDW for the first time and I want to have some stamina!

I am thinking of doing a 5K before we go, and I would start training for it this week. I do strength training twice a week and cardio three times.

My goal for this week is to set an exercise schedule for myself and stick to it. I hope to get some inspiration from you all!

Janell:banana:

Hi, Janell! :welcome:

We're happy to have you here.

I hear you on that exercise goal! That's my biggest thing right now. I've managed to get my eating relatively under control this week, and I seem to have dropped a little bit of weight now, which is good. If I can just marry that with an excercise plan, I think I'd be doing stellar! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter