Shredding pork

THESCHULTZFIVE

DIS Veteran<br><font color=00cc00>I'm really nuts
I saw some kind of hand held utensils for shredding pork, but I don't know what they are or why to get them from. Anyone know what I'm talking about? They almost looked like combs. TIA

LOL!! Pop Daddy you beat me to that one. I was just about to post the same thing!!!!

mum4jenn said:
LOL!! Pop Daddy you beat me to that one. I was just about to post the same thing!!!!

great minds... :crazy: :crazy2:

THESCHULTZFIVE said:
I saw some kind of hand held utensils for shredding pork, but I don't know what they are or why to get them from. Anyone know what I'm talking about? They almost looked like combs. TIA

I've got a matching set of them! They're called fingers ;)

ewwwwww, I don't put my fingers all over something unless I'm the only one eating it.

THESCHULTZFIVE said:
ewwwwww, I don't put my fingers all over something unless I'm the only one eating it.

Then how do you prepare your food if you don't use your hands? Don't you knead your dough and hold the items you're chopping? How do you peel an onion or mince your garlic?

There's a nifty little invention for hands -- it's called soap and water :rotfl:

What about when you make meatloaf? I always use my hands to mix it all up, it's so thick that utinsels don't seem to work. Of course the meatloaf still has to cook whereas you shredd the pork after it's cooked, maybe that makes the difference for some folks.

forks are better shredders than fingers IMO, it shreds it up nicely and less work on the fingers.

THESCHULTZFIVE said:

I totally use my fingers to prepare food. I especially do so when pulling pork, but it's tedious. This thread gives me better ideas.

I wash my hands several times throughout preparing a meal. Call me gross, but I don't see the difference. We very rarely get sick

Keli said:
What about when you make meatloaf? I always use my hands to mix it all up, it's so thick that utinsels don't seem to work. Of course the meatloaf still has to cook whereas you shredd the pork after it's cooked, maybe that makes the difference for some folks.

When I pull pork, I still continue to cook it in BBQ sauce or gravy. It's delicious and you can't even taste my grubby hands on it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter