Show off your door!!

I want to post a photo, but I'm not sure how. Can someone help?
Thanks

I upload my photos to www.photobucket.com. You can organize them into albums too. It will list several links to click on for each photo depending on how you'd like to share them such as email, web page, etc.

You'll want to copy and paste the code that starts with IMG. If you're not sure that you're doing it correctly, you can always click on "Preview Post" to see what it will look like instead of "Submit Reply".

I hope this makes sense. :goodvibes I'm still drinking my morning coffee. :surfweb:

I want to post a photo, but I'm not sure how. Can someone help?
Thanks

You don't have to use photobucket if you already upload your pics to a site like Shutterfly or Snapfish - you can just go to your account & open the album / pic you want & right click on it. Once it's open, highlight & copy the "properties" code & paste that info. into the little pic above here on the DIS that looks like a mountain with a yellow background & sun in it. Before you close the dialog box scroll back to the beginning of the line & make sure you only have http:// in there once. If it appears 2x then delete one of them. I always do "preview" before I post to make sure I got it right & if it's messed up I can still edit it before I finish the post. :thumbsup2

Many, many thanks to tjbaggott, jordak, millipie and shadowryter (and whoever did the ears - unfortunately I've forgotten your name) who made our door on the Inaugural Baltic Cruise look like this

DSCF0349.jpg

DSCF0350.jpg

And this

DSCF0391.jpg

And this

DSCF0279.jpg

And for my birthday

DSCF0502.jpg

DSCF0504.jpg

DSCF0505.jpg

And providing the inspiration for this

DSCF0364.jpg

Thanks all of you :thanks: :disrocks:

Can I ask who made or where to get the pooh mickey head? Are there other characters available? TIA! Great DOOR! :thumbsup2

OOPs let me try again. sorry had the wrong link again I know the spelling is wrong. I didn't check the door before my son toon the picture.

Many, many thanks to tjbaggott, jordak, millipie and shadowryter (and whoever did the ears - unfortunately I've forgotten your name) who made our door on the Inaugural Baltic Cruise look like this

DSCF0279.jpg

Thanks all of you :thanks: :disrocks:

Who did the Mickey heads for each country? Those are great.

Can anyone tell me what is the best way to print out the magnet designs? Is there a cost effective company that will print out the magnets?

What type of magnet sheets will produce the designs at home?

I have been reading reviews about different products but they all seem to contradict themselves in the reviews. I do not want to spend a lot of money on printing the magnets at home and then they smear because they never dry.

I am hoping you will share your thoughts on all of these beautifully decorated doors, Thanks!:thumbsup2

Can anyone tell me what is the best way to print out the magnet designs? Is there a cost effective company that will print out the magnets?

What type of magnet sheets will produce the designs at home?

I have been reading reviews about different products but they all seem to contradict themselves in the reviews. I do not want to spend a lot of money on printing the magnets at home and then they smear because they never dry.

I am hoping you will share your thoughts on all of these beautifully decorated doors, Thanks!:thumbsup2

I have bought magnetic paper from here:
http://www.amazon.com/Avery®-Magnet...HN5Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1286803511&sr=8-1
and here when I need to buy in bulk:
http://www.decalpaper.com/category-s/5.htm

I never had any problems with smearing. Both print beautifully though I'd give a slight nod to the Avery brand. The ones I buy in bulk are slightly curled on the edge and sometimes need help getting sucked up into the printer's grasp. Before I realized this, I had a few that kept printing over the same spot but couldn't feed the paper through. Once I figured it out and gave it a little push, they printed great. Not enough of a curl to be a problem hanging on the door at all. I mean really slight curl but enough to confuse my printer.

As far as print quality, I couldn't tell difference once completed. Sometimes I just have to buy in bulk when we have a big group, like our upcoming cruise with 6 staterooms.
Once you get started, it's really so addicting. :lovestruc

I do them myself. It's easy and convenient. Just right-click the image you want, to save it to your computer. Then find the file under "Pictures" once you open it, just click your print button. I always do a trial printout with plain paper and my printer options on 'Fast Draft' so as not to waste a lot of ink. Once I see the layout and size is good, I switch printer back to normal and put in 1 sheet of magnetic paper. I have Adobe Photoshop which makes it really easy to change size or print mulitples of same image on one sheet, similar to when you buy a sheet of wallet photos. Also handy when decorating many doors. PS really isn't necessary but makes anything with photos easy to do, with a preview of what it will look like printed.

Another option which some like to do is print on regular paper then laminate it and glue magnets on the back. I've never done this so I can't help you there.

RUADISNEY FAN2 - Thank you so much! I too have 6 cabins to decorate. We are the only family that has been on a Disney Cruise. We have 3 families who are looking for us to give them the inside track.
I am looking forward to decorating our doors - Thanks again!:cheer2:

RUADISNEY FAN2 - Thank you so much! I too have 6 cabins to decorate. We are the only family that has been on a Disney Cruise. We have 3 families who are looking for us to give them the inside track.
I am looking forward to decorating our doors - Thanks again!:cheer2:

In our group, only 1 other cabin has been on DCL (my parents) The other 4 are new to cruising completely or new to DCL. I have a folder for each cabin ready to go so dh and I can tiptoe around and decorate each door after we board.
We did this last year for our friends; it was fun! They still have them on their basement door. :goodvibes

Another cheap decorating tip, esp good if you have more time than $, get some Disney paint chips from Home Depot (free) and cut out the Mickey heads and glue magnets on the backs. Glue old fridge magnets on the backs. Just don't use the scraps from the magnetic paper. It's so thin compared to the weight of the Mickey head, they don't stay up very well, even putting some in each ear too. They still fell down every time the door slammed.
For Halloween, I got a bunch of orange and black ones. Also got some other colors and taped them on regular paper and printed names on them using the Disney font, let dry overnight, then glue magnets on.

I'll see if I can dig up a photo. In all the excitement last year, I forgot to take pictures of our door. :guilty:

I take a train to work, 20 mins each way, so every day I cut a few and they really added up fast. Dh thinks I'm crazy but that's nothing new. :lmao:

Hi ... wanted to know where you got the art/file to print out the magnets that looks like the cast members tags.. <3 them.. sailing on the 31st.. CAN NOT wait

Another option which some like to do is print on regular paper then laminate it and glue magnets on the back. I've never done this so I can't help you there.

That's what we've done. I've printed it out on regular cardstock, then used clear contact paper to laminate, and then used business card magnets (kinda like a sticker where you just peel off the backing). It's worked well for us. And it is addicting, so anything to keep the cost down.
Here they are on the magic:
DSC01599.jpg

But here's a closer up of it on the back of our front door:
DSC01312.jpg

-Virginia

Hi ... wanted to know where you got the art/file to print out the magnets that looks like the cast members tags.. <3 them.. sailing on the 31st.. CAN NOT wait

go to the creative designs thread ...or cruise line forum and reqeust them under Tom...he's awfully busy so he gets to them when he can..but you can find some on and maybe personalize yourself?

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter