Show off your door!!

Just a quick question from a cruise newbie. What would you suggest for a door from a 1st time cruiser? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

We tend to over kill. Our first cruise we had a different Fish Extender for almost every day of the week and out door was covered inside and out. We rotated magnets based upon the port we were visiting or the Days events. To each their own but we loved changing our decor.

Michael

Thanks for the ideas. Pretty good even though they are from a Buckeye, LOL! I will be putting at least one Longhorn thing on the door. Thanks for all of your help!!!!!!!

This was our second cruise and our first time with door magnets and a FE.
For the magnets we went with one main one with our family name and 3 bumper sticker size magnets with our name. See my prior post for pictures. Then our FE.

Your fish extender is amazing... Way to much detail for me. :rotfl2::rotfl:

where did you find the picture(s) for each ships bow? Do you have a link? I would love to use it for a screen printed shirt.

Michael

where did you find the picture(s) for each ships bow? Do you have a link? I would love to use it for a screen printed shirt.

I started off with photographs of the actual bows and attempted to flatten them as best as possible. For example I used this image for Captain Mickey (Dream). Then I used this as a starting image (scroll to the bottom) for the design work. I used Photoshop and started from scratch creating paths for each design element as all the scans and images were not the best quality.

Once I got the paths drawn I created a black and white document to use as my template.

Send me a PM and let me know what you are looking for specifically.

I started off with images of the bows and attempted to flatten them as best as possible. Then I received a scan of the bow design work. I used Photoshop and started from scratch creating paths for each design element as all the scans and images were not the best quality.

Once I got the paths drawn I created a black and white document to use as my template.

May i pretty please get a copy of your photoshop files. I want to make screen printing screens to produce shirts for our groups.

Michael

Your doors look great! I just got off Carnival Dream and we were able to
put decorations on doors with magnets.
Is this how it should be done for Disney Dream?
Do you print on magnetic paper or do you glue/tape magnets to the back.
ANY/ALL help would be appreciated.
Thank you.

Thank you.

I have read here on the boards that the magnets that you glue on the back do not work well because when you open and shut the door they tend to fall off. I purchased some of the printable magnet sheets at Michaels craft store. Hope this helps. dream2011

Thank you.

I purchased magnetic sheet rolls (see above post) printed out the graphics at Target's 1 hour photo. Then affixed the pictures to the sheet and cut them out with an exacto knife.

I have read here on the boards that the magnets that you glue on the back do not work well because when you open and shut the door they tend to fall off. I purchased some of the printable magnet sheets at Michaels craft store. Hope this helps. dream2011

I purchased magnetic sheet rolls (see above post) printed out the graphics at Target's 1 hour photo. Then affixed the pictures to the sheet and cut them out with an exacto knife.

Thank you both very much! So I can either purchase the rolls or the actual sheets, affix my picture to the sheet and cut out. I would prefer to use the color copier printer at work since the copies come out much better than my printer at home so I can print there and then glue to the sheet and cut out, is this correct. If so, even better for me, I can do it all at work LOL :banana:

I am really enjoying looking at everyone's doors. We have never cruised before and I want to surprise my boys with a few door decorations. I just have to decide which Mickey ears I want and a couple name magnets.

Thank you both very much! So I can either purchase the rolls or the actual sheets, affix my picture to the sheet and cut out. I would prefer to use the color copier printer at work since the copies come out much better than my printer at home so I can print there and then glue to the sheet and cut out, is this correct. If so, even better for me, I can do it all at work LOL :banana:

Consider having your graphics printed at a 1 hour photo, they will hold up much better than a color printer. I fit our graphics on 2 8x10 prints and sent them to target 1 hour photo. Doing it this way will also give you the option to get a glossy look. Depending on what stores you have in your area you can get an 8x10 for anywhere under $3 each.

I do this all the time to save on my color printer ink.

Consider having your graphics printed at a 1 hour photo, they will hold up much better than a color printer. I fit our graphics on 2 8x10 prints and sent them to target 1 hour photo. Doing it this way will also give you the option to get a glossy look. Depending on what stores you have in your area you can get an 8x10 for anywhere under $3 each.

I do this all the time to save on my color printer ink.

Thank you. So, you mean getting the graphic (ie., picture) printed at the Target. It will look like a "real glossy picture" Then, I take that picture and affix it to my magnetic paper.
Is this correct?
Please type slowly since I don't seem to be understanding this too correctly :lmao:

Thank you. So, you mean getting the graphic (ie., picture) printed at the Target. It will look like a "real glossy picture" Then, I take that picture and affix it to my magnetic paper.
Is this correct?
Please type slowly since I don't seem to be understanding this too correctly :lmao:

Here is a link for the magnetic sheets. We used 1 ft x 2 ft sheet.
https://www.promagproducts.com/cata...ducts_id=68&osCsid=i08jtq0b1mouku9al8eu2l0hl2

It also comes in 8"x10".

Step 1 - Get your graphic/image ready
Step 2 - upload the image to a 1 hour photo place (I used Target via Shutterfly.com)

The photo lab will print your image/graphic just as they would any other photograph. (note: while I've never received and issues about printing you might run into a shop not wanting to print Disney graphics. Just go to another location.)

Step 3 - Unroll your magnetic sheet and try to flatten it out. You might need to reverse roll it to get it to lay flat or put a book on it for a few minutes.

Step 4 - Peel back just enough of the protective sheet on the magnetic paper and place your first picture.

At this point I put a sheet of paper on top to protect the image and used a rolling pin to get out any air bubbles and make sure there was good adhesion. Similar to the way a roller is used when laminate counter-tops are installed.

Step 5 - Cut out your designs. The magnetic sheets are quite easy to cut in fact they can easily tear so be careful.

Step 1 - Get your graphic/image ready
Step 2 - upload the image to a 1 hour photo place (I used Target via Shutterfly.com)

The photo lab will print your image/graphic just as they would any other photograph. (note: while I've never received and issues about printing you might run into a shop not wanting to print Disney graphics. Just go to another location.)

Step 3 - Unroll your magnetic sheet and try to flatten it out. You might need to reverse roll it to get it to lay flat or put a book on it for a few minutes.

Step 4 - Peel back just enough of the protective sheet on the magnetic paper and place your first picture.

At this point I put a sheet of paper on top to protect the image and used a rolling pin to get out any air bubbles and make sure there was good adhesion. Similar to the way a roller is used when laminate counter-tops are installed.

Step 5 - Cut out your designs. The magnetic sheets are quite easy to cut in fact they can easily tear so be careful.

Thank you very much LOL I now understand :worship:

MommaMouse, your post made me smile :lmao:

@ JS...lol I'm the same way..I was trying to read instructions for the NO SEW fish extender..ha...I didn't understand what she was saying.

I'd like to see some creative door pictures. Anybody want to share their pictures?

There is a super long thread already on this subject.....I will try to find it for you. If I do I will either delete this thread or merge the two.

Ok....found it and merged the two threads....

MJ

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter