Should We Travel With 10-Month Old?

Should We Bring Our 10-Month Old?

• Total voters
I say take the baby. I have taken babies that age multiple times and it has always gone very well. As someone else mentioned, you can always hire a sitter from Kids Nite Out to babysit while you do SWL or the Halloween Party if you are uncomfortable taking the baby to those. There will be thousands of babies the same age there. I would personally miss my baby way too much to leave him for that long, and Disney is as baby friendly a place as any.

we took our baby when he was 7 months old and had a great time.

a few things to say:
-like you, this was not our only disney trip. we visit regularly, so didn’t feel pressured to do everything. much more than when we have visited as a couple, we really went with the flow. for you, this might mean only looking around GE and saving rides for next time.
-my baby is one of those kids who is really happy, but only if we stick to his nap/bedtime schedule. that meant that we couldn’t do anything like an evening party. we knew we were trading overtired evenings for happy days, so that felt totally fine.
-rent a stroller from an outside vendor. it’s cheaper and much more convenient

and for me personally, the alternative of leaving baby home just wouldn’t be appealing. we have family we trust, but i know for me personally it would be too hard to be away from my kid that long. i would much rather modify my vacation plans and fit them around my family.

These days, it would make me incredibly nervous to take an unvaccinated baby into any large, crowded place.

Last edited:
I voted no. Unless you're going to divide and conquer with one parent taking the 4 year old and one parent taking the 10 month old, I think you'd enjoy your vacation more just managing one kid. Especially with going to the Halloween party. I'd make this a trip where my husband and I could focus our attention on our 4 year old. Either way I'm sure you'll have a great trip!

I voted “yes” because we will be doing exactly this for our trip this December. Our dd will be 10 months old and we are staying 7 nights. This will be my first time traveling to WDW with a baby (my first dd was 3 years old on her first trip), but we are doing it for a few reasons:

1. Our family has been to WDW three times already, so not a once in a lifetime trip.
2. Our older dd will be 9 and is a Disney veteran
3. Baby is free
4. I can’t leave my baby for that long, and wouldn’t think about doing so over the holidays.

I know baby won’t remember, but we plan on taking many trips in the future.

You can’t leave your baby for that long, so it seems as if you have no choice.

We preferred beach house vacations when our daughter was that young. We chose not to bring her to WDW until she was 6. At the time, we thought it would be a one and done. We didn’t expect to fall in love with WDW. I can see bringing children aged 4 and up, but for me, I think bringing a baby would be tough between nap time, early bedtime, nursing, and diaper changes. Babies are a lot of work, and I would prefer staying at a vacation home similar to my home in order to maintain the baby’s routine.

If I were in your shoes, I would just try to plan well and try to keep the baby on schedule in order to prevent difficulties.

Our first wdw trip was when our sons were 4 years and 10 months too. It was a wonderful trip and even though there are some added things to think about the memories with our little guys are amazing. Other than the extra baby supplies I think 10 months old may be one of the easier ages! Everything is fun to look at and baby is just happy to be with everyone. Mid day breaks were really important for us and baby wearing made life much easier!

When my children were small, I left them at home with my mom and dad until they were at least 7 years old. It made trips a LOT easier and I don't regret it at all. Now that I'm a grandparent, I am taking my 1 year old grandson and 4 year old granddaughter - but I'm at a different place in my life mentally. Honestly, I think the 4 year old will be more exhausting than the 10 month old. If there are funds in your budget, take the little one and leave them with the child care service for an evening or two while you do late nights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter