Should I do MNSSHP?--Update: I'm going!

B'rer Karen

<font color=purple>DIS Veteran<br><font color=deep
Okay Dis'ers, I need your opinion. Should I do MNSSHP? Here's the situation, I'm going for four days in October (23-26). I'm taking my mother, who hasn't been to WDW since 1990. The main purpose of the trip is to experience the food and wine festival. Halloween is my most favorite holiday so I really think this is a must do for me. Plus, with such a short trip, this really gives us so much more time, and I really want to show my mom as much as possible, since it's been so long since she's seen the world. So what's my hesitation? A couple of things: 1) Will this be fun for my mother (she's in her late 40's for what that's worth), 2) will we get our money's worth, since it is a bit pricey and I don't know if my mom will make it to midnight 3) the only night we can go is Friday 10/24 and I'm afraid it will be really crowded.

So can anyone give me their opinions or experiences to help me decide? Also, any idea how far in advance I should purchase the tickets? Thanks in advance. Y'all always give great advice!

Oh one last thing, do y'all think I should tell my mom or make it a surprise?

I say go for it! All ages love it.

It's great Halloween fun. The parade is awsome with the Headless Horseman starting it up!

We went on Halloween night and it was crowded but it still was such fun! You can't beat the atmosphere and the trick or treat lines go very fast!

Don't forget to get your free photo at the beginning of the night!

Thanks beattyfamily!

Any other comments and/or opinions?

We went just this past October and had a great time! We mainly bought the tickets (2 months prior) for our 3 1/2 y.o. DD, but I think my DH and I enjoyed it more! You get a trick-or-treat bag as you enter the park, big, lit-up pumpkins show you where to get some treats, the atmosphere is pleasantly "spooky" with eerie music and lighting everywhere, and the Halloween parade is terrific, featuring the headless horseman to start it off. There's also a special finale to the fireworks.

I think you should go, even though it is pricey.

We went last year for the first time and thought it was great. I am almost as old as your mom and enjoyed the entire evening.

I just accept that everything is pricey at Disney. It was worth the cost for my family.

We only had 4 day's when we went last year and it actually was like adding another day to the trip.
We went to MGM, not to early and did some things then went to the party at MK. Two parks covered in one day and 2 day's for Epcot!;)

Thanks everyone!! I knew I could count on y'all to help me out :)

And Kathy, you're right, you do have to accept that everything is pricey. I don't mind it, as long as I feel I get my money's worth. And I always do when in the world :)

We have never been to mnsshp before either, but we are this year on the 26. I can hardly take the wait.

If your mother like halloween like you then she would probably enjoy this, also i think i would wait to tell her and make it a surprise for her.:p

poohangel

Thanks to y'alls encouragement I called and bought the tickets today! So on 10/24 I'll be attending MNSSHP. And I'm not going to tell my mom. It will just be a surprise. Thanks everyone :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter