Short Stay FP strategy

mpeanut

Mouseketeer
I have a 3 day trip scheduled during a week with high crowds predicted (week leading into Easter - April 2019). I am wondering what chances I have of scoring a SDD or FoP FP for days 60, 60+1, or 60+2. I'm guessing chances are slim. Even last year when we had a 7 day stay I wasn't able to get FoP until the end of our trip.
I'll prioritize those FP and rework our schedule around them if we are able to get them, but if I were to rope drop and attempt either SDD at HS or FoP at AK which do you think would be more successful in terms of a shorter stand-by wait time with the rope drop crowd? I'm thinking since we are staying at the Boardwalk I'd try for SDD at rope drop one morning since it is closer than AK, so maybe my FP first priority should be FoP for any day I can get it. We do have Park Hoppers and since we know it is a busy week we are flexible.
Thank you!

If I were you, I'd try for SDD rope drop and FOP at park close (if you cannot get FP for them). Also, there is a thread on this board talking about success getting FP by refreshing availability day-of so try this as well.

I would agree very slim. I had a 4 day trip last week, Jan 2-5th, and was not able to get SDD, FoP, or 7DMT when booking 60+4 days out right at 7 am. It's possible you could get one, but plan for the worst and hope for the best.

As for rope dropping, I agree that SDD makes more sense. People were lining up over and hour before park opening to get to FoP, and lines reached up to 4 hours long by the end of the morning on those busy days.

Thank you! I'm going with the plan for the worst, hope for the "better" with this rather crazy idea to make a short trip during a busy week. I'll also be checking every morning at 7:00 a.m. from days 60 on to see if anything pops up :)

I have a 3 day trip scheduled during a week with high crowds predicted (week leading into Easter - April 2019). I am wondering what chances I have of scoring a SDD or FoP FP for days 60, 60+1, or 60+2. I'm guessing chances are slim. Even last year when we had a 7 day stay I wasn't able to get FoP until the end of our trip.
I'll prioritize those FP and rework our schedule around them if we are able to get them, but if I were to rope drop and attempt either SDD at HS or FoP at AK which do you think would be more successful in terms of a shorter stand-by wait time with the rope drop crowd? I'm thinking since we are staying at the Boardwalk I'd try for SDD at rope drop one morning since it is closer than AK, so maybe my FP first priority should be FoP for any day I can get it. We do have Park Hoppers and since we know it is a busy week we are flexible.
Thank you!

I got SDD at 60+2 for 2 people at the end of January.

I got SDD at 60+2 for 2 people at the end of January.

I've heard where it is often easier to get the headliner FPs with just two. I'll be looking for Mine Train at 60+1 or 60+3. If I have to do 60+4, I'll try that too. Then we'll just visit Disney Springs on the FP 60+3 day. That would be day 4 in real time.

I booked a 3-day weekend trip for the end of January, and was able to get FoP for a party of 2 at 60+1 at 1:40pm. Got SDD for 60+2 at 1:45pm. (These were the earliest FP return times but there were many later time slots). Sounds like you’ll be visiting at a busier time, but you never know! Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter