Short cut to WDW from Windsor Hills?

How about a shortcut to a Walmart? We found one last time, but it took us forever to get to it. I was way down on 192 west. So is there a closer one? I need directions for dummies :rotfl: Thanks

Well Walmart is about 15 or so minutes down US-192 West, so there's no shortcut!

Just get on US-192 west until you hit 27, then go north on 27, it's on your right right when you get onto 27. This is the fastest (and only) way there that I know of.

There's another Walmart somewhere in the area but this is the one we always go to when we're at WHR.

There are 2 in the area

To me they are the same difference travel time wise. I actually like the one on Polynesian Blvd better.

To get to that one:

Make a RIGHT onto 192. Pass Celebration, pass Old Town and Polynesian Blvd is on your left, there is a CVS on the right corner. Turn LEFT. Walmart is in the plaza just before the light on the RIGHT.

To get to the one on 27.

Turn LEFT onto 192. Go a few miles down the road, pass Orange Lake Resort on your right. Just AFTER the 2nd Publix you pass you will see the signs for 27. Get in the RIGHT lane. Exit 192 onto 27. Walmart will be on your RIGHT at the Cagan Crossings stop light.

I'm a total direction idiot. Give me landmarks and left and right turns.

What's the fastest way between Windsor Hills and Coronado Springs Resort?
thanks

Follow this shortcut into WDW, then just follow the signs to Coronado Springs, easy as can be! It should take you no more than 5 minutes to get to CS, it's very close to WHR....maybe 10 at the most if you catch the 2 traffic lights on your route "red".

How about a shortcut to a Walmart? We found one last time, but it took us forever to get to it. I was way down on 192 west. So is there a closer one? I need directions for dummies :rotfl: Thanks

I second this request or perhaps even a Super Target close by. Anything south on the same road as WH? :confused3

I second this request or perhaps even a Super Target close by. Anything south on the same road as WH? :confused3

Sorry, nope! South of WHR there's a CVS about 10-15 mins south..and that's it...there's nothing along Old Lake Wilson Road south of WHR really at all...other than Mystic Dunes and some other misc housing.

The Walmart we go to is down US-192 to the west, about 10 minutes, turn north on 27 it's on the right.

If you go east down US-192 about 15 mins there a Target on your left. Going east takes a lot longer, there's a ton of traffic lights (like every block).

There's no shortcut to get to either really though, that's pretty much the fastest way.

We are staying in WH the beginning of May. We are very excited to be staying in a place that sounds so great!

Your previous posts for WalMart, is the one that is West down 192 a Super Walmart? We plan on doing some shopping, obviously, and wondered if the Publix or Walmart would be best.

I am really enjoying following this post. It is extremely informative. I will definately be following your shortcut, too!

Everything is a SUPER! SUPER Walmart, SUPER Target..

I actually like the "normal" ones much better.

We are staying in WH the beginning of May. We are very excited to be staying in a place that sounds so great!

Your previous posts for WalMart, is the one that is West down 192 a Super Walmart? We plan on doing some shopping, obviously, and wondered if the Publix or Walmart would be best.

I am really enjoying following this post. It is extremely informative. I will definately be following your shortcut, too!

Yes they're all "super" versions. We do go grocery shopping at the "super" walmart down on 27...but we also visit the super target, more for housewares type stuff though. We also hit the Publix, it's a lot closer and it's a great grocery store.

Super Walmart is great for picking up inexpensive Disney souvenirs. For instance, we buy 2 Disney autograph books and pens for the kids when we arrive...they're like $2 each at Walmart... $15 in the parks! When we see the first character and the kids are all excited to get autographs and want books...out come the Walmart versions! At their age...they never know the difference! $26 savings right there...hehe... we'll also get various other little misc Disney items from Walmart...why pay park prices?

Great thread!
Can someone tell me the quickest way to Winn Dixie or Publix from WH?
Thanks...

To get to Winn Dixie which is called MarketPlace in the Formosa Gardens Shopping Center: When you leave WH turn left on to Old Lake Wilson and go up to 192, turn left at the lights and turn left at the second set of lights on to Formosa Gardens Blvd and you'll see the shopping area on your right. This place doesn't have as good a variety as Publix and is more expensive.
For Publix: do the same as above but don't turn onto FG Blvd. Keep going and you'll see a Publix on your right near Orange Lake .
Either place will only take between 5 or 6 min.

:thumbsup2 BUMP

:lovestruc I love this thread. :worship: So thankful search worked today so I could find it.

What is the easiest way to to get back to 417 to get back to the airport?

Thanks!

Go out to 192. Make a RIGHT. Go to the 2nd light (Griffen Road) make a RIGHT. At the blinking light at World Drive turn RIGHT. Follow the signs to the airport. Takes about 25 minutes give or take

Go out to 192. Make a RIGHT. Go to the 2nd light (Griffen Road) make a RIGHT. At the blinking light at World Drive turn RIGHT. Follow the signs to the airport. Takes about 25 minutes give or take

Thank you! I had seen your directions on another thread but could not find it.:) I tried mapquest and they dont give you the 417 route when you reverse the directions (only I4)

Sorry if this has been asked and answered in this thread before. If so, just point me to the post number.

What are the easiest directions from the Orlando Airport to Windsor Hills?

Thanks

I like to take the South exit and follow 417 (toll $2.50) to either exit 3 or to the Celebration exit. If I get off at 3, I have the choice of a left turn at Gaylord Palms (international drive south) to stock up at Publix, or staying straight on Osceola Parkway all the way to Animal Kingdom Lodge, and the Sherberth Road cut-off. If I go to Celebration, I just get on 192 and follow it to Old Lake Wilson Road.

gqchicago goes another way. He takes 528 from the North exit of the airport and later heads west on I-4. I like to avoid the I-4 traffic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter