Short cut to WDW from Windsor Hills?

What's the best way to get from Windsor Hills to Celebration - DH wants to play golf there again this year? It looks as though N. Old Lake Wilson Road runs into Interstate 4, but I can't tell if you can get on there? Will DH have to go to Hwy. 192 and go to either World Drive or get on I-4?

We took World Drive last year from WDW to get to Celebration, but if there is a shortcut from the back that would be great and faster.

Thanks!

What's the best way to get from Windsor Hills to Celebration - DH wants to play golf there again this year? It looks as though N. Old Lake Wilson Road runs into Interstate 4, but I can't tell if you can get on there? Will DH have to go to Hwy. 192 and go to either World Drive or get on I-4?

We took World Drive last year from WDW to get to Celebration, but if there is a shortcut from the back that would be great and faster.

Thanks!

Old Lake Wilson does not have an entrance or exit for I-4, no. If you go all the way south on Old Lake Wilson it puts you out by Champion's Gate, and you go OVER I-4. (I got lost down that way once!) LOL

I've never been to Celebration though so I really can't suggest the best route, but I can tell you it's under 5 mins from WHR to get onto I-4, so that's most likely going to be the quickest way (go back to US-192 make a right and I-4 is right there).

Mystic Dunes is right next door to WHR though, he might want to play there, or Champion's Gate is right down Old Lake Wilson road. I played Mystic Dunes last month, awesome course and club! (#2 rated in Orlando behind Bay Hill, which is private).

To Celebration:

Go out to 192. Turn RIGHT. At the 2nd light (Griffin Road) make a right. Take to the end. At the light turn RIGHT (World Drive) This takes you into Celebration. At the light turn LEFT to go into Celebration.

This is very fast. Should take you 15 min max to get there.

To Celebration:

Go out to 192. Turn RIGHT. At the 2nd light (Griffin Road) make a right. Take to the end. At the light turn RIGHT (World Drive) This takes you into Celebration. At the light turn LEFT to go into Celebration.

This is very fast. Should take you 15 min max to get there.

thank you for the easy directions! :thumbsup2

About the dirt section of Funie Steed: The dirt part is a section that runs between Entry Pt Road and Formosa Gardens Blvd, I don't know why it's never been paved. We use Funie Steed to get to Formosa Gardens Blvd and then up to 192 to go to the shopping center there ( Winn Dixie, Giordannos etc) and to Red Lobster. It's quicker than going out on 192 if there's a lot of traffic .It's also good for getting an idea where the other subdivisions are: Em Is, Rolling Hills, Windsor Palms, Oak Island etc.. The first time we stayed in Lindfields we used Funie Steed to go right up past Old Lake Wilson Rd and onto 192. There were no big developements there then only abandoned orange groves. It's certainly been built up since then (1996).

We just got back from our one-week stay in Windsor Hills and used the Sherberth Road route a few times. Thanks to everyone for posting the zig-zag to Funie Steed details too. Note: we also used 192-to-World Drive a few times too and the traffic on 192 was never bad, except on our last day.

FYI: one day, a sheriff's car had setup a speed trap on Sherberth Road. On the long straightaway, it's easy to go faster than the posted 35 mph speed limit. Just be careful if your excitement to get on-property makes you stomp on the accelerator. :)

We just got back from our one-week stay in Windsor Hills and used the Sherberth Road route a few times. Thanks to everyone for posting the zig-zag to Funie Steed details too. Note: we also used 192-to-World Drive a few times too and the traffic on 192 was never bad, except on our last day.

FYI: one day, a sheriff's car had setup a speed trap on Sherberth Road. On the long straightaway, it's easy to go faster than the posted 35 mph speed limit. Just be careful if your excitement to get on-property makes you stomp on the accelerator. :)

That's a very good tip actually...we've probably seen the sheriff's speed trap setup up where Sherberth makes the big bend on at least 20% of the times we've driven around that road / route...so don't speed there! LOL

Okay, I am a little confused. Some (any) help appreciated. We stayed at Emerald Island resort in January. We are returning in January of 2008. :woohoo:

I remember Fumie Stead, but not sure why. :confused: Is this one of the roads I took to get to Emerald Island?

If no one knows what I am talking about (it's okay 'cause I often confuse myself:sad2: ) can they just give me directions from Emerald Island for this short cut?:confused3

Okay, I am a little confused. Some (any) help appreciated. We stayed at Emerald Island resort in January. We are returning in January of 2008. :woohoo:

I remember Fumie Stead, but not sure why. :confused: Is this one of the roads I took to get to Emerald Island?

If no one knows what I am talking about (it's okay 'cause I often confuse myself:sad2: ) can they just give me directions from Emerald Island for this short cut?:confused3

I think you can take Funie Steed over to Sherberth / Entry point road from EI...someone else cna tell you better than I can though, I'm the resident expert on shortcuts from Windsor Hills ! LOL EI is 5-10 mins away from WHR though, once you get onto Sherberth the shortcut is the same.

So is Emerald Island closer or further away? Meaning is this Windsor Hills closer to the parks? Should we even do the shortcut if Emerald Island is further away than Windsor Hills?

Thabnks!!

EI is only a few miles away from Windor Hills. We are talking maybe 3 minutes.

From EI you can take a right, go to 4 way stop at Funie Steed and Formosa Gardens. Turn left, take to the light. Make a right then get in left lane. Sherberth is at the next light. Make left.

Thank you!:love:

We will at least try this once.....in the daylight...after a good nights sleep...when we don't have ADR's...when it isn't raining....when no one has to go potty....

Can you tell we've gotten lost on shortcuts before;)

When you come out of Em Is and take a right and you're on Funie Steed road. There's two ways to take the shortcut to Disney: You either go up to Formosa Gar. Blvd intersection and take a left on it to get to 192. At 192 turn right and go to the next set of lights and turn left on to Sherberth road then follow the previous directions to Disney; or from Em Is you turn right on to Funie Steed and go straight through the Form. Gard. intersection and you will hit the section of Funie Steed that is a dirt road. It will take you to Entry Point Rd intersection ( less than a mile). Turn left and go up to 192 and straight through the intersection (lights) and you will be on Sherberth Rd. It's called Entry Point on the south side of 192 and Sherberth on the north side. It's really easy once you've done it.
Funie Steed Rd runs parallel to 192 west past Lindfields but I don't know just how far it goes.

We will at least try this once.....in the daylight...after a good nights sleep...when we don't have ADR's...when it isn't raining....when no one has to go potty....

Really, it's the only way to go to WDW UNLESS you continue up 192 a few miles and take the WDW exit off there. If you mapquest from EI to AKL I bet it's the same route (I haven't) It's very very easy. I live here and trust me I know the shortcuts as well as the long ways.

If you have ADRs leave extra early..we got lost finding the Poly for our first luau ressie...the sign was "missing"..../sigh... and we were late...and they gave away our res! I was not a happy camper after driving around for 50 mins trying to find the place...and it should have taken roughly 10 minutes.

The first time you try it, it's a new place, unfamiliar...etc...so get up extra extra early and leave plennnty of extra time that first morning you hit the parks...and you'll most likely get there plenty early stress free, it's only stressful when you're under the gun to get someplace with a time deadline.

;) I tried finding Windsor Hills on Google Map and I think I found it (just north of that golf course) on N. Old Lake Wilson Road. However, it appears that this is an old map satellite photo because it appears largely undeveloped.

Is there a name of the lake in the middle of the subdivision? (Reedy Lake?)

What about this path to get from WH to WDW:

instead of going all the way to Funie Steed Road to get to Entry Point Blvd., can you take a left turn right after the N. Old Lake Wilson Road splits and then take a right where Entry Point Blvd. appears to begin? Or is that a gated community? I can't tell.

It appears that Entry Point Blvd. turns into Sherberth at 192 - Correct?

maps.live.com appears to be very current and I think I see WH! ;)

What is being developed between the condo units and N. Old Lake Wilson Road? It appears to be outside the WH complex.

;) I tried finding Windsor Hills on Google Map and I think I found it (just north of that golf course) on N. Old Lake Wilson Road. However, it appears that this is an old map satellite photo because it appears largely undeveloped.

Is there a name of the lake in the middle of the subdivision? (Reedy Lake?)

What about this path to get from WH to WDW:

instead of going all the way to Funie Steed Road to get to Entry Point Blvd., can you take a left turn right after the N. Old Lake Wilson Road splits and then take a right where Entry Point Blvd. appears to begin? Or is that a gated community? I can't tell.

It appears that Entry Point Blvd. turns into Sherberth at 192 - Correct?

maps.live.com appears to be very current and I think I see WH! ;)

What is being developed between the condo units and N. Old Lake Wilson Road? It appears to be outside the WH complex.

Google Earth shows it as a mostly empty lot...you can actually tell it was taken during construction because the clubhouse and some of the pool homes are there...and half of the townhomes are built. The lake is indeed called Reedy Lake. I installed the live Microsoft maps but it looks empty to me on there too.

That shortcut you mention is a gated community...so you can't cut through there...I know where you're talking about though and that would work..IF there wasn't a gate there! So..gotta use the route I suggested, it's just as quick, it's just a little zig and a zag.

On the north side of Mystic Dunes golf course is where Windsor Hills Resort is located. The construction on the north side of Windsor Hills you're referring to is NOT in WHR, it's some new townhomes being built there by KB homes (not really a resort or anything, just some free standing townhomes).

How about a shortcut to a Walmart? We found one last time, but it took us forever to get to it. I was way down on 192 west. So is there a closer one? I need directions for dummies :rotfl: Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter