Short cut to WDW from Windsor Hills?

Subscribing because I am directionally challenged and need step by step instructions WITH pictures! :confused3

Quick questions:

How would I get FROM Coronado Springs to Windsor Hills?

I'm staying onsite for a few days and then moving on the WH.

What is also the best way to get to Universal?

Quick questions:

How would I get FROM Coronado Springs to Windsor Hills?

I'm staying onsite for a few days and then moving on the WH.

What is also the best way to get to Universal?

The easiest directions would be to head for Animal Kingdom Lodge and just past the exit for Animal Kingdom you'll come to lights for the Sherberth Rd. interseciton. ( This is before you get to AK Lodge) Turn left onto Sherberth and follow it for about a mile to 192. Turn left onto 192 and at the next set of lights turn right onto to Old Lake Wilson Rd. After about a mile you'll turn right into Windsor Hills.

The best way to Universal is to get on I - 4 and follow the signs for Universal.

The easiest directions would be to head for Animal Kingdom Lodge and just past the exit for Animal Kingdom you'll come to lights for the Sherberth Rd. interseciton. ( This is before you get to AK Lodge) Turn left onto Sherberth and follow it for about a mile to 192. Turn left onto 192 and at the next set of lights turn right onto to Old Lake Wilson Rd. After about a mile you'll turn right into Windsor Hills.

The best way to Universal is to get on I - 4 and follow the signs for Universal.

There is a back way to Universal using Palm Parkway/Conroy. I didn't know about other back ways.

I don't mind I4, but am looking for something different.

Quick question- once I pass AK heading to say, Studios, I'm looking for signs to the parks. Am I going to turn on Buena Vista Dr or World Dr? I'm putting together detailed directions for everyone in our group and the more precise I am, the less chance they have of getting lost. TIA!

It's World Drive but you won't see the street name when you turn since it's an onramp. Truly you can't miss the signs

There is a back way to Universal using Palm Parkway/Conroy. I didn't know about other back ways.

I don't mind I4, but am looking for something different.

The 'back way' to Universal is from the Lake Buena Vista area near(ish) to Downtown Disney. From SR 535 (S Apopka Vineland Road) in LBK turn right onto Palm Parkway keep going. Palm Parkway turns into Turkey Lake Road at the Central Florida Parkway traffic light. Just keep going on Turkey Lake Road toward Universal. Shortly after the big intersection with West Sand Lake Road you'll come to a traffic light (Dr Phillips High School is on the left, Islands of Adventure/Universal is diagonally on the right) and turn right onto Hollywood Way. Follow Hollywood Way and follow the signs to the parking garage that's accessed by the road that's straight ahead where Hollywood Way ends. If you're in the Downtown Disney area it's an easy way to go but if I-4 (which parallels Turkey Lake Road) isn't busy then I-4 would get you there a lot quicker.

Dick Taylor

thank you for all these directions now if I can just get hubby to look at them. I do well with directions but I like 2 of us to know what is going on.

Can someone give me the best directions from Windsor Palms? Does this shortcut still work?
Thanks!
Amy

Subscribing! We are staying at Windsor Hills in June, so I want to be able to find this quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter