Shopkick ideas and suggestions

Carrie Ellis

DIS Veteran
Budget Board peeps!

I have been doing Shopkick on my phone as much as possible. I am very casual with it unlike swagbucks (which I am actively doing!). I tried linking a credit card to shopkick for shopping such as Marshalls but it said it does not support my phone number. Not sure why... I am not very upset about that because I am still unsure how I feel about linking cards.

So for now I am doing the walk in, scans and uploading receipts. Considering it is around 6200 shopkicks to get a $25 card....It will take a while! I am about 1/4 of the way. I don't mind since I am walking into the stores anyway.

Does anyone else do the Shopkick thing and what are you doing to earn faster?

When do they update the products to scan? I am getting to a point that I can't scan anymore. Also some stores such as Marshalls is saying I have to wait 30 days to do a walk in again.

It's not a fast earner for me either, as I live in a semi-rural area.
The resetting of products you've already scanned seems to be different depending on the product. Some I can scan every week but others, won't reset that fast.
Is Marshall's related to TJMaxx? I got walk-in Kicks at TJMaxx on Wednesday and it has reset so I can get another 50 today (Friday).

Other ways you can earn is refer friends and
do the "Discover" Tab:
  • The Quick Kicks videos reset every day for 1 kick each.
  • There are often "tap for surprise" kicks at the bottom of collections
  • And there are sometimes videos for 5 kicks

Thanks Narnia_girl! I actually had forgot about the discover tab. It is really slow go on these shopkicks. But...even if I get $50 before we go Dec 2019, it is worth it since it is simple.

My Marshalls and Best Buy will not let me do a walk in for 14 days now. I have done BB several times because I am running in to use the QR code for SBs about once a week. I am still surprised it has a limit.

Thanks!

It's not a fast earner for me either, as I live in a semi-rural area.
The resetting of products you've already scanned seems to be different depending on the product. Some I can scan every week but others, won't reset that fast.
Is Marshall's related to TJMaxx? I got walk-in Kicks at TJMaxx on Wednesday and it has reset so I can get another 50 today (Friday).

Other ways you can earn is refer friends and
do the "Discover" Tab:
  • The Quick Kicks videos reset every day for 1 kick each.
  • There are often "tap for surprise" kicks at the bottom of collections
  • And there are sometimes videos for 5 kicks

Where are the collections found? I've never seen the tap for surprise ones

I use it whenever i remember. Or if we are at a store with a lot of kicks i might give it to DD and have her scan things. She loves it. I cashed out in end of May for $25.
Since then i have 800 kicks which is about $2 I guess at that rate i will get $10 a year at best. But i also have not being scanning items since i cashed out only walk in kicks.

I also do it pretty casually. Sometimes they have special weekends though where the store checkins are worth way more, and then I string a bunch together, I think one weekend last month I got about 900 shop kicks just from walking past a several stores in shopping centers I was going to anyway and scanning things at Target.

I've cashed out for $45 in gift cards since I started using it in October or so. I have more than enough for another $5 card, so in about a year I made $50 with basically no effort.

Last edited:

I received an email that this weekend will be a big kicks weekend. Supposedly tomorrow there will be 150 walk in kicks at TJMaxx, Marhsalls, and Carters. Walmart and Target will have 50 walk in kicks.
Also Best Buy is 4 kicks per $1 instead of 2.

Where are the collections found? I've never seen the tap for surprise ones

When you're in the app click the "Discover" icon at the bottom of your screen. Here you'll see videos listed with kicks. For "tap for kicks" kicks you have to open the other posted on the page. The adds usually don't have them, but the ones promoting online shopping often do. It's low, like 1 pt but will slowly add up.

I don't pair mine with credit cards so it's slow to add points. Plus some of the stores and items don't scan correctly even though they should. But since joining 2 years ago I've cashed out $50 in JCP gift cards and have another $25 waiting to cash out.

Have any of ya'll tied it to a credit card and found it worth while?

I have some tied to it mostly for the rare occasion that I buy something at TJ Maxx. I had to get a new carry on suitcase and got it there so I'll have like 42 more points sometime soon for it. The receipt upload is nice too but they are rarely things I buy so most of my points are from walk ins, scanning and the discover tab stuff.

One thing to know, for the stores that you scan in, if you've used up your walk ins for the month you can still scan stuff. So I use it every time I go to Target regardless of whether I get walkins or not.

Check out the Shop Lego banner that is scrolling on Shopkick this weekend. It takes you to WalMart/Lego offerings. You can click on the little eyeball on each item and get 1 kick. There are 10 of them. Easy to do when you are just sitting around.

Check out the Shop Lego banner that is scrolling on Shopkick this weekend. It takes you to WalMart/Lego offerings. You can click on the little eyeball on each item and get 1 kick. There are 10 of them. Easy to do when you are just sitting around.

Thanks! I saw your post and did all the ones available! I would not have looked there so it is so nice to have these suggestions!

I referred my husband and after his first walkin we both earned 250 kicks. Now we'll both have our phones out, scanning as we walk through target and walking to the stores for walk in kicks. It's been fun to do it with him. Earning kicks a lot faster now.

You can sometimes scan receipts for some of the products and receive points as well. It is the items that you would scan at the different stores anyway...if you purchase, you get more points.

You can sometimes scan receipts for some of the products and receive points as well. It is the items that you would scan at the different stores anyway...if you purchase, you get more points.
I did this last night.... one of those 'a-ha!' moments. :idea:
A few day earlier I was shopping at Kohls and scanned a package of Jockey underwear for 25 kicks. During that same shopping trip I picked up a package of underwear from a clearance rack. I didn't even think about the brand. Last night I realized they were Jockey and I scanned my receipt. Within half an hour, I had an extra 625 kicks. :dogdance:

Thank you! I never realized that little eyeball meant you could earn kicks from looking at the item. I’d always just scroll down to the bottom to see if there were any surprise kicks available and then move on. Now I will start paying closer attention!

Thank you! I never realized that little eyeball meant you could earn kicks from looking at the item. I’d always just scroll down to the bottom to see if there were any surprise kicks available and then move on. Now I will start paying closer attention!
New to shopkicks. What eyeball? I'm completely lost! I'd like to earn some extra kicks even if it's only 1-5. Anything helps!

New to shopkicks. What eyeball? I'm completely lost! I'd like to earn some extra kicks even if it's only 1-5. Anything helps!

On the "EARN" screen you should have "Kicks Nearby" and "Kicks Online"
Click on the online tab and scroll down the listed stores. If there is a cell phone icon by it you earn a kick just for clicking and visiting that store.
If there is a little eyeball (kind of a parentheses on its side and a dot) you can earn kicks for looking at specific products.
These earnings opportunities are not always there, so it pays to check back regularly.
Hope that helps.

Shopkicks should have some good earning opportunities this weekend.

On the "EARN" screen you should have "Kicks Nearby" and "Kicks Online"
Click on the online tab and scroll down the listed stores. If there is a cell phone icon by it you earn a kick just for clicking and visiting that store.
If there is a little eyeball (kind of a parentheses on its side and a dot) you can earn kicks for looking at specific products.
These earnings opportunities are not always there, so it pays to check back regularly.
Hope that helps.

Shopkicks should have some good earning opportunities this weekend.
That made complete sense and helps a lot. I don’t see anything right now, but I’ll be sure to check often. I honestly don’t shop online a lot until the holidays. Thanks for the help!

Just checked Shopkicks and I see that there are some really good walk-in rewards today. 150 for Marshall's, 150 for TJ Maxx, 100 for Kroger, 150 for Carter's, 50 for Target, etc. I'm on my way to run errands, so I'll see how many of these I can grab. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!