Shopaholic, Workaholic & Bargain Betty Take On WDW A DM/DD TR-Last Day!

Aw man...well can we share Zac?! :laughing:

Guess what I read the other day?! That they might be making a HSM 4 but Zac, Vanessa, and Ashley might not be in it! :scared1:

Wellll I guess...LOL!!

Um, I would not watch it! OK, I might watch it just for Corbin. Taylor (I forget her real name!! You know, Gabriella's friend?) went to my school! I can't stand Vanessa though, gross!!!

I have a good story about HSM3, but I won't hijack your thread so if you are at all interested-send me a PM! And yes, I am 21 and obsessed with HSM.

Wellll I guess...LOL!!

Um, I would not watch it! OK, I might watch it just for Corbin. Taylor (I forget her real name!! You know, Gabriella's friend?) went to my school! I can't stand Vanessa though, gross!!!

I have a good story about HSM3, but I won't hijack your thread so if you are at all interested-send me a PM! And yes, I am 21 and obsessed with HSM.

Go ahead and hijack! I don't mind!

I never liked that Taylor girl :rolleyes:

Oh i am so excited about HSM4 I am just hoping Corbin and Ashley will make cameos in it since they are the only two who stuck around the school at the end of HSM3

So while we're waiting for AlohaPolynesian's HSM story I will continue with day 3 which will be May 8. This will be a MK DAY!!:cool1: I'm "old school" so the original Florida park is my favorite!!:lovestruc Our day will begin early as we have a 7:30 adr at the Beach Club for the Cape May breakfast. This is a new place for us and we decided to try it after seeing pics of how cute the gang looks in their swimsuits. After breakfast we'll take the BC bus to MK and it is imperative we be there for rope drop! I absolutely love MK rope drop. I tear up everytime the train pulls up with the characters and then when the confetti bursts I feel like I'm 6 again! We'll visit Fantasyland first and between 9:30 and 9:45 we'll head over to the ToonTown rope drop so we can be among the first to visit Pixie Hollow that day. We used that strategy in Dec and it worked very well! We were out of PH before 10 which was the "posted" opening. After our visit we'll hop on the train for Frontierland or Adventureland. A must see this trip is Tom Sawyer Island. I have been 12 times and never ventured over there. How is this possible? I'm not exactly sure why we haven't gone there but we will visit the island this trip! I plan to have lunch at my favorite WDW counter service......which is......CASEY'S! Yes! I love those hotdogs! I am no gourmet foodie. Give me a good hotdog and I'm:) We will try and time lunch so that we finish up around the time for the Move It Shake It Celebrate It mini parade so we can enjoy this new experience. I love dancing along to Block Party Bash so I'm excited to see this! After that it will be time for rides then after the 3:00 parade it will be back to hotel for pool time and maybe dinner at the Pop food court. This evening I think we might go over to Winter/Summerland and play a little minigolf. We love playing in the evening as there are very few people there and its a nice family time to laugh and joke about how bad we all are at mini golf! It's best if others don't see how truly awful we are and not get in harms way from one of our randomly flying balls! :scared1: So those are the plans for day 3. If you have any helpful hints please share!

Oh now I am really looking forward to day three :laughing:

hmmm I believe I shall indulge our readers with another tale of Disney trip past. pirate:

Now we have started a tradition of going to putt putt every time we go to Disney. I love my Disney putt putt! So anyway on with the story.. When my mom dad and I went in April we decided to go to the Fantasia putt putt. We were playing and my mom hit her ball into the water. My dad told her to go ask for a new one at the counter but she was stubborn :rolleyes: and since it was close to the side of the water she thought she could get it. So she climbed through the rose bushes to get her ball. Well she got her ball but when she stood back up our camera fell out of her pocket into the water :rotfl: Ah good times! (she will probably kill me for posting this)

Anyway back to my comments on day 3

I don't know if I will join in on the hot dog loving with my mom. I am the "ADR maker" in the house and I changed around most of our reservations a few times before we were eating at all new places (the only one we have been to before is the Norway Princess Breakfast) so I am thinking of trying Columbia Harbor House. I have heard a lot of good things about it on the boards and I am tempted to try their tuna sandwich.

Now a little bit about me
My must dos at MK:

Ride Splash Mountain- I absolutely love this song and I always sing the "Pretty good sure as you're born song"

Go to the Laugh Floor- We have been to this every time and I still laugh like crazy and I love it :lovestruc

Go on Pirates of the Carribean- I have always liked this ride! I find it fun checking out the different pirates and now having Jack Sparrow on board *sigh* life is complete :)

Last but not least
Ride the Haunted Mansion- It still scares me and I do scream when the heads pop out at me but hey it's campy and I love it.

Something new I have never done
Ridden Aladdin's Magic Carpet
Rode on the Astro Orbiter
These two are definitely must do's for this trip

I'm done commenting "Have a magical day!"

MK is my favorite park, too! And I know what you mean about changing ADR's around a few times before the trip. It's so hard to keep the same ones after reading recent good or bad reviews on these boards. However, I think I'm set with mine for good now! What about you? Are you thinking of changing anything else? What are your favorite restaurants?

MK is my favorite park, too! And I know what you mean about changing ADR's around a few times before the trip. It's so hard to keep the same ones after reading recent good or bad reviews on these boards. However, I think I'm set with mine for good now! What about you? Are you thinking of changing anything else? What are your favorite restaurants?

I actually didn't change mine for reviews I just got on this kick where I wanted everything to be new and somewhere we hadn't eaten before :lmao:

We had originally started off thinking about getting the CS dining plan so we booked Norway, 1900 ParkFare, the Luau and 50s Prime Time cafe

Well my dad is a foodie and he wasn't a huge fan of the CS idea so we ended up getting the regular dining plan (last trip we had the deluxe and it was waayyyy to much food!)

So I called and I made reservations for WCC Biergarten Yak and Yeti Ohana Tonys and the Plaza. I also canceled our Luau and the 50s cafe.

But our last trip day got switched around so I had to call back and I ended up making Yak and Yeti for the WCC day and I switched Ohana for Boma.

So yeah a lot of changing ha ha.

But as for my favorite restaurants hmmm.

I would have to say Mama Melrose's, Norway and 50s Prime time cafe

Right now I don't plan on changing anything else we have all new restaurants to eat at and that was what I really wanted us to have. I am really happy with our reservations now and I don't think I will end up changing anything. My mom would probably kill me for making her switch around her agenda again ha ha

I loooove Mama Melrose!! I didn't mean I changed mine FOR reviews, I meant that I read other peoples and it made me want to try new ones that I didn't currently have on my list LOL!!

I loooove Mama Melrose!! I didn't mean I changed mine FOR reviews, I meant that I read other peoples and it made me want to try new ones that I didn't currently have on my list LOL!!

Oh I didn't mean anything by it I just meant I went on an OCD kick and needed new everything haha. Yeah I love the seafood pasta at Mama Melrose's but my mom doesn't like anything there so we decided not to eat there this time. I will miss it though :(

We interrupt our normally scheduled pre-trip report with this special announcement.....Our very own Shopaholic aka my DD Caitlin has just gotten her very first job!:cool1: We always told her school was her "job" but with her first year of college coming to a close she began job hunting and VOILA! Got hired from the first place she applied!:woohoo: She is now the newest employee at our nearest American Eagle.:banana: She will now be earning her own money to fuel her shopping addiction!

Wow sorry it's taken so long for us to post a new day! with work and school now I have been pretty busy!

So on to day 4 of our fabulous Disney vacation!

We will be going to Disney Hollywood Studios for early morning magic hours!

My personal favorite! I love all of the rides here! My perfect job at Disney would be to work on the Great Movie Ride :)

For lunch we will be eating in Germany in Epcot!

I am a little bit nervous about this lunch because there is supposed to be a lot of meat and I am not a huge meat eater :/

Then at 8 we will be taking the monorail to the Poly and watching wishes from the Beach :)

should be a fun day!

Day 4 will be a big day for Workaholic! He is a huge Buzz and Toy Story fan and this will be his first ride on TSM:cool1: I know he will love it since he thinks the Buzz ride is awesome and there is no comparison between Buzz and TSM! Before lunch we will hop to Epcot to dine at the Biergarten. We chose this because Dale was born in Germany (his DF was stationed there) and we thought it would be a special treat for him. After lunch I'm looking forward to doing the Kim Possible adventure which I think sounds like a lot of fun! I love doing new things at WDW to keep it fresh every trip. The last thing we are doing for Dale, is Wishes at the Poly beach. He has always said his "perfect vacation" would be sitting on a beach with a drink in hand and just relaxing. That however sounds like torture to me:rotfl: I like my vacations to include lots of activity and a visit to the Mouse! I thought by taking him over to the Poly and buying him a LapuLapu it would fufill a little of his fantasy with some Disney flavor thrown in. Thats it for day 4 if you take the time to read please leave a comment and let us know what you think!

Just found ya and subbied!

I love the mom and daughter team!! I'm putting a surprise trip together for my AWESOME mom right now. It's wonderful you two are close! The picture of you both together is adorable!

Your plans look great so far; I can't wait to hear more (from both of you!)

Aw I love DHS! We never have enough time to do all of the rides and we ALWAYS forget about the Great Movie Ride!

Sitting on the Poly beach with a drink in hand would NOT be relaxing because you're just going to be staring at the MK wondering what you're going to do next and how soon you can get over there!!!

I'm here! :wave2:

Congrats on the job! I had a couple retail jobs during college - it was actually pretty fun work. :thumbsup2

A LapuLapu on the beach sounds perfect right about now! :cloud9: We've only got 6 weeks to go until our trip - hopefully we'll find some time to sit on the beach and relax at CBR.

Just found ya and subbied!

I love the mom and daughter team!! I'm putting a surprise trip together for my AWESOME mom right now. It's wonderful you two are close! The picture of you both together is adorable!

Your plans look great so far; I can't wait to hear more (from both of you!)
Welcome! :flower3: Glad you've joined us! Mother/Daughter trips are wonderful! In Dec Caitlin and I took one with my DM so it was 3 generations of girls! It was a lot of fun and we made a ton of great memories! I think we laughed til we cried at least once a day!:rotfl: I will check out your pretrippie to hear all about your suprise trip.

Aw I love DHS! We never have enough time to do all of the rides and we ALWAYS forget about the Great Movie Ride!

Sitting on the Poly beach with a drink in hand would NOT be relaxing because you're just going to be staring at the MK wondering what you're going to do next and how soon you can get over there!!!

Aww it's one of my favorites! It is really cheesy but it is still cute :) The beach will be relaxing for my DD but you're right I will be thinking I'd rather be at a park!:lmao:

I'm here! :wave2:

Congrats on the job! I had a couple retail jobs during college - it was actually pretty fun work. :thumbsup2

A LapuLapu on the beach sounds perfect right about now! :cloud9: We've only got 6 weeks to go until our trip - hopefully we'll find some time to sit on the beach and relax at CBR.

Welcome! Only 6 weeks to go how exciting! I hope you find some relaxation time. We usually wind up going til we drop so this year I'm "scheduling downtime" :rotfl2: My name is Dawn and I am addicted to Disney planning!

Well in our neverending quest to create the "perfect" Disney experience we upgraded our hotel today! I haven't been certain about staying at a value since we had a bad experience at ASMo in 2007. The first room we were assigned had bugs on the ceiling, the bathroom door looked like a mirror had been ripped off of it and it was covered in black goo and the walls were all marked up. They did give us a new room but it marred our stay and left us determined not to return to any AllStar resort. When we booked this trip we thought we'd do a "budget trip "and thought we'd do the quick service plan and a value. We booked ASMu then switched to Pop when it became available. Well we decided to switch the dining plan to the regular plan (too many ts restaurants we want to try) and now we've upgraded our resort too.:rotfl: We found there was only a 300$ difference between Pop and a mod so we went for it!:cool1: We have stayed at POR twice and CSR once and love them both but we wanted to try somewhere new. My first choice was POFQ but of course its filled so we are staying at...wait for it...CBR!:banana: I am a bit leery of how large it is but I think it looks beautiful and I love that the rooms are newly refurbed!!Thats all for now...but what do ya'll think? Did we make the right choice? Will we enjoy CBR more than Pop? (I do want to hop to Pop while we're there and if we like it we'll stay there next year.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter