She's Saying Aloha, an April 2022 Oahu and Aulani Trip Report (Completed 7/7)

Yeah, we figured that phase would pass, but he seemed pretty set on it. We made it out of the store without any new musical instruments, and walked towards the beach. We went down the block to the Honolulu Cookie store, but found that they didn't opem until 10, which was too late for us.

This just gives you an excuse to go back to Oahu. Honolulu cookies are my favorite! We were there about 2 weeks before you except at the Royal Hawaiian for 3 nights--for a wedding and then we stayed at the condos right next door to Aulani for 6 nights. We really wanted to stay at the Aulani but we didn't get our reservations in fast enough (Easter week) so we stayed next door. I brought a ton of those cookies home and am still eating them. Definitely go next trip! 🌴

Awesome update, the drone photos are so cool!

Although I really don't like staying in Waikiki any more (we have just had too many negative things happen over the years), there is something about that early morning energy in Waikiki that you cannot find in too many other places.

The new little drone performed well, and I flew it out over the ocean and just above the waves at the breakwater.
I'm surprised at how high the drone can fly. The pictures are gorgeous. Honolulu is really a big city now, though.

The entrance lobby is just spectacular and open, you can see straight through to the courtyard outside through big open doors.
The lobby is gorgeous. I love how many things are open-air in Hawaii. :)
We were headed for the North Shore to do some sightseeing on the way to our destination.
We spent our Oahu trip on the north shore. I can't wait to hear about your day up there. :)

Most of our Hawaii trips were "split-island" trips. We would spend four days on one island and then four on another. That way we went to all four islands. Eventually, we discovered that we loved Kauai enough to stay there the entire time. Oahu was a "one and done" for us, the only island we never wanted to go back to. :)

Last edited:
Fun to follow along on your Hawaii adventure! You made it to Aulani! Your photos are wonderful - such beautiful scenery. Anxious to hear where your mystery trip takes you!

On Friday morning, I got up before everybody else and left the room about 6:45 to take some sunrise pictures and video with the new drone.

I really wanted to fly it over Waikiki, and this was the perfect opportunity. The beach wasn't too crowded, and the sun was just coming up over the other side of the island.

The new little drone performed well, and I flew it out over the ocean and just above the waves at the breakwater.

I made two fun flights before heading back up to the room.

During the second flight I got a message from Melissa that she was up and getting in the shower.

Everyone else got up fairly early and we packed up the room. It was so easy to get up early in Hawaii being 3 hours earlier than home.

I couldn’t believe how early we were ready and packed. We decided to say a good farewell to Waikiki and have breakfast at Wolfgang Puck Express.

We also wanted to walk down to the beach one more time, and Marshall had decided he needed a Ukelele from the ABC store, so we stopped there on the way to WPE.

We also picked up Allie’s boba can replacements so she was feeling much better with a whole collection again.

We finally made it to WPE for breakfast, which is a feat we have never been able to accomplish at WDW.

Breakfast at this WPE was good, but nothing too exceptional. I got a breakfast sandwich, and Allie got a spinach and mushroom omelette. Melissa and Marshall got traditional american breakfast plates because they were out of French toast.

It was good enough though…. We were all anxious to get on our way though because we were headed to AULANI! We walked back to the Hyatt and finished packing everything up and headed out to the Jeep.

We were able to drag our bags with us as we walked over to the parking structure, so I didn't have to come back and pick everyone up. As we got to the parking lot, I walked right to where I had parked and attemptted to open the red Jeep, only to find I was at the Jeep parked next to ours.

Yep, with that many rental Jeeps on the island, we wound up with one right nexxt to us n the parking lot. Fortunately the remote didn't work on it, so we wound up in the right one.

It was so funny, I can’t believe he didn’t notice which one’s lights flashed when he pushed the button on the remote but it made for a really funny moment.

Once we opened up the right Jeep, we had no problem storing all of our bags in it behind the back seat. We didn't want to leave them there all day though because of potential theft, so we had an excuse to drive straight to Aulani. It was about a 40 minute trip, first North towards the airport, and then further North in new territory for us towards Ko Olina.

The landscape changed as we went along and you could tell it was a little dryer than other places we had been. We passed an outlet mall and some other shopping.

It felt more suburban and a lot like home, with shopping centers near the freeway exits. The freeway continued on into a pretty resort area near the coast, and we could spot Aulani among the resorts.

We pulled up to the valet and bell services took the bags we weren’t going to need on our afternoon adventure.

The valet checked on our room and let us know it wasn't ready yet, but they had no problem storing the bags and parking the Jeep nearby while we went in and explored the resort for a bit before going out again.

It was so exciting to finally be there. The entrance lobby is just spectacular and open, you can see straight through to the courtyard outside through big open doors.

It had a very unique Hawaiian feel, while also feeling like Disney at the same time. It was like a spectacular cross between the Poly and AKL or WL.

It was so fun and we were excited. We explored a little bit and stopped at the front desk to check in.

The CM appologized for the room not being ready but we were fine with that. She got us all set up to have them text us the room number when it was ready, and she gave the kids a ton of buttons.

It really wasn’t a big deal that the room wasn’t ready, we had an adventure surprise for the kids we had scheduled.

Before taking off though we walked around and checked out a bit more of the resort. We saw both gift shops, Kalepa's Store which is a traditional resort gift shop, and Hale Manu, which is a fancier location across the hall with some artwork and higher end clothes items.

We just oogled at all the fun stuff, there were so many Stitch things, I just kept adding more to my want list. Then when we went over and saw the art we saw some Noah pieces we’d never seen before.

One of them in particular stood out to us, as it had Minnie and Mickey building a sandcastle on the Aulani beach. It was a castle we immediately knew we wanted to add to our collection, we just had to decide which size and format.

We didn’t end up buying anything yet though, we’d be back.

There was a lot of activity in the lobby and surrounding hallways. There were lots of people coming and going, which was interesting.

I didn’t expect the business but it was ok.

We wanted to hang out and explore it some more, but we knew we had three nights ahead to do that. We walked back to the valet and picked up the Jeep to head out for more exploration.

We didn’t tell the kids where we were going only told them we were going on a hike like adventure.

They were getting more curious, but were along for the ride... We headed up H2 through the middle of the island.

We were headed for the North Shore to do some sightseeing on the way to our destination. We were all starting to get hungry though, so we drove through a Wendy's in Wahiawa.

We got our normal Wendy’s orders like home, nothing too special. It feels odd writing about fast food on a trip report but there it is. It was Wendys.

While we were there Melissa's Dad called, and we dealt with a little bit of work stuff while we placed our lunch order.

Ah yes, work follows wherever I go.

Check out the rest of our day, and the big adventure in the next update.
Three things
1) Forgot you guys were on the west coast. My east coast mind saw “posted at 1:48 am” and was like omg why…..then I realized it was probably 8:48 or 9:48 PM for you lol. To each their own!

2) the keep story 😂😂😂😂😂😂we have similar issues with my moms car. Everyone got a white Tahoe or similar car a few years back and it’s chaos in my town

3) you finally made it to Aulani!!!!!

I love your drone pictures! So glad it worked out for you!
Being a jeep owner it’s very common for Jeep’s to park next to each other!

@GrandCalifornian Yep, with that many rental Jeeps on the island, we wound up with one right nexxt to us n the parking lot. Fortunately the remote didn't work on it, so we wound up in the right one.
2) the keep story 😂😂😂😂😂😂we have similar issues with my moms car. Everyone got a white Tahoe or similar car a few years back and it’s chaos in my town
Oh y’all…..not once but THREE TIMES I have fully gotten INTO a rental just like mine (but OMG NOT MINE) when I clicked my clicker and opened the door. (Guess people leave their doors unlocked—IDK!) Every time, realized it wasn’t mine when I noticed crap in the seats or cup holders that wasn’t mine….crazy.

Wow, this leaves us all in suspense about your mystery destination.
The kids were in suspense too. It was our only side trip that we booked ahead of time, and turned out to be great...

This just gives you an excuse to go back to Oahu. Honolulu cookies are my favorite! We were there about 2 weeks before you except at the Royal Hawaiian for 3 nights--for a wedding and then we stayed at the condos right next door to Aulani for 6 nights. We really wanted to stay at the Aulani but we didn't get our reservations in fast enough (Easter week) so we stayed next door. I brought a ton of those cookies home and am still eating them. Definitely go next trip! 🌴
We will definitely be back to Oahu. We really enjoyed the variety of areas on the island, and how it had something for everybody. We would also like to explore other islands, but whenever our next trip is it will probably be on Oahu.

Awesome update, the drone photos are so cool!

Although I really don't like staying in Waikiki any more (we have just had too many negative things happen over the years), there is something about that early morning energy in Waikiki that you cannot find in too many other places.
Thanks, I still can't believe I got to fly the drone there. I get it about the unique vibe of Waikiki, and the very urban aspects of it. Fortunately our experiences were positive, and it was a nice part of our vacation and offered something very different than Aulani.

I'm surprised at how high the drone can fly. The pictures are gorgeous. Honolulu is really a big city now, though.
The drone had no problem going up to the 400 ft legal limit, and could fly over a mile away from where I was controlling it from. It surprised us how much of a big city it was, and how even in Waikiki it felt like a downtown area.

The lobby is gorgeous. I love how many things are open-air in Hawaii. :)
The open air lobies were something we didn't know to expect and really liked in Hawaii. It is neat how Aulani had one too. To us it felt like a super size and even more impressive version of the Poly.

We spent our Oahu trip on the north shore. I can't wait to hear about your day up there. :)

Most of our Hawaii trips were "split-island" trips. We would spend four days on one island and then four on another. That way we went to all four islands. Eventually, we discovered that we loved Kauai enough to stay there the entire time. Oahu was a "one and done" for us, the only island we never wanted to go back to. :)
We wanted to see the North Shore so we detoured up there on the way to our afternoon destination. We would love to see other islands, but we really enjoyed Oahu and would love to spend more time there, especially with spending time at Aulani.

Three things
1) Forgot you guys were on the west coast. My east coast mind saw “posted at 1:48 am” and was like omg why…..then I realized it was probably 8:48 or 9:48 PM for you lol. To each their own!
I did post fairly late West Coast time, since it was almost 11PM by the time I got it done. We were gone for the long weekend and I wanted to get an update posted.

2) the Jeep story
😂
😂
😂
😂
😂
😂
we have similar issues with my moms car. Everyone got a white Tahoe or similar car a few years back and it’s chaos in my town
We had a white GMC Yukon and now have a Ford Explorer, so we know how that is. It's just funny that it happened in Hawaii with a bright red Jeep.

3) you finally made it to Aulani!!!!!
Yes! We were so excited to finally see it in person, and it lived up to our expectations.

I love your drone pictures! So glad it worked out for you!
Being a jeep owner it’s very common for Jeep’s to park next to each other!
Yep, there were Jeeps everywhere on Oahu, but it was funny to have the same color right next to us in that particular parking structure. Looking at used Jeeps from home, it is funny how many are prior Hawaiian rentals, even in CA. I was surprised that the rentals were 4x4s, and we never really got to use it, but they are nice vehicles. It was my first experience with a JL, and now I really do want one for home. Melissa is tired of me pointing out what each Jeep we see is...

@GrandCalifornian Yep, with that many rental Jeeps on the island, we wound up with one right nexxt to us n the parking lot. Fortunately the remote didn't work on it, so we wound up in the right one.

Oh y’all…..not once but THREE TIMES I have fully gotten INTO a rental just like mine (but OMG NOT MINE) when I clicked my clicker and opened the door. (Guess people leave their doors unlocked—IDK!) Every time, realized it wasn’t mine when I noticed crap in the seats or cup holders that wasn’t mine….crazy.
LOL, that's funny. If that Jeep had been unlocked I'd have gotten in it. Melissa never would let me live that down... I totally see how it would happen though.

Last edited:
When we left off, we were heading North through the center of the island and had just grabbed lunch at Wendy's.

We continued the cut through the middle of the island and went through all sorts of cool stuff. We crossed a fun bridge and then went by the Dole Plantation.

Unfortunately we never got to visit here during the trip but we’ll be back sometime and that’ll be on the short list.

You got really excited seeing the agriculture up there. It was like a real life living with the land experience.

I did! I don’t know why seeing the pineapples in the field and the tractors out working made me cry but it did. It was really special.

Soon we progresed all the way to the North Shore, and turned East and followed the shoreline for a while.

We didn't stop and get out, but we could see the iconic beaches and big waves.

The kids kept asking for clues to where we were going so we gave them another one.

We told them that a movie was filmed where we were going.

We had chosen to go the long way to get there so that we could see the North Shore, and it was a nice drive. It was far more rural than the Southern part of the island, and it was a nice pleasant drive.

We even saw some cows and horses! I loved the drive.

There were points where the ocean was right next to the road, and we could see big waves.

We finally made it to our destination, Kualoa Ranch.

We had booked the ATV Raptor tour but the kids didn’t figure out that the movie was Jurassic Park until we pulled into the parking lot.

When they did figure it out they were pretty excited. Melissa and I figured this would be the perfect extra activity for us, with ATV's for me, Dinosaurs for Marshall, a ranch for Melissa, and movie stuff and horses for Allie.

It was and the kids were super excited when they figured it out.

While we waited for the tour we picked up some water bottles and Diet Coke. We would have been smart to pick these up at the gas station before we arrived.

We went inside and checked out the little gift shop. It was very tourist oriented, but they had lots to see.

We checked in for our tour and while we were waiting we watched the horses get baths after the end of their day.

I didn’t realize I had booked the last tour of the day.

It was like a 3:30 tour, which seemed early enough, but it worked out well for us. There were quite a few other people there for the ATV tour as well, and they lined us all up and got us helmets and assigned us to ATVs.

The key is checking in early and being first in line, we ended up being second in line but this is the order that you’re in for the tour. The closer to the front the less dusty you get.

Yeah, that worked out well. We soon headed out. We drove our own 4 seat utility vehicle, and they led the tour on a quad and another guide brought up the rear on another one.

The trails were pretty tame, but the views were impressive and it was neat to be off roading in such a beautiful place.

It’s a working cattle ranch so there were lots of cows to see and babies. Some chickens, pigs, and gardens.

I am thinking you knew about the cows and that's why you booked the tour...

I honestly had no idea! It sure made my day to see them though.

It just worked out perfectly with something for everyone.

After about half an hour of riding we stopped for a break at a high spot with a view of the ocean and the valley.

We got to take pictures during the break, and the guides introduced the kids to "sleeping grass" which would move wnen they touched it. From then on they looked for it at every stop.

The guides were awsome! I chatted with them about different plant species on the island and sleeping grass is endemic to Hawaii.

They were super knowledgable about Hawaii, the culture, and the valley.

The one guide got really excited when you explained that you were an agriculture science major.

Yeah we geeked out over some plants.

The tour continued on to another stop where there were some movie props.

We all enjoyed checking them out while chatting more with the guides.

It turns out only a small portion of the Jurassic Park was shot here but lots of other movies were made there too, I won’t spoil it but it was a lot of fun.

Yeah, the tour was well designed for having pretty universal appeal. It definitely wasn't as dinosaur themed as we might have expected, but we all loved it, as did the other people on the tour.

I think there was lots of dust in your teeth.

And there would have been more if we were further toward the back.

The tour wrapped around to the other side of the Kualoa mountain, overlooking the bay to the South of the ranch.

There were spectacular views. I HIGHLY recommend this tour and would totally do it again or other tours on the ranch.

Like we told them at the end of the tour, it was the best extra money thing we did of the entire trip. The only bummer was that the gift shop had closed by the time we got back from the tour, so we couldn't buy any t-shirts or other souveniers.

Yeah it was kinda odd to come back to the whole place shut down but maybe next time we’ll get our tshirts.

Check out the rest of our evening, and our Aulani room arrival, in the next update right now...

As we left Kualoa Ranch, It was still light out, but stuff does seem to close early, especially on that side of the island. We headed towards Aulani via the more direct route over the mountains on H3. We were excited to see that it also had a big tunnel.

It was so fun doing the tunnels through the mountain.

On the other side we saw our first rainbow of the trip.

It was really pretty, and we completed our big loop around the North and East side of the island. Since it was getting to be dinner time, we decided to stop and grab dinner on our way to the resort. Olive Garden sounded good to us, and there was one in a shopping center not far from the resort.

When we got there though the wait was over an hour and we were HUNGRY. So we spied a Panda Express across the way instead.

On our walk towards Panda we saw a Hawaiian BBQ place, which we all agreed would be more special than getting Panda Express like we can at home.

[So dinner was at L&L Hawaiian BBQ. It was fun to kinda eat like a local. It didn’t seem to be a hot tourist spot. We got some Teryaki Chicken, Beef, and Allie got Spam Ramen.]

[/COLOR]
I went with a Kalua pulled pork sandwich.

It was all very good, and we shared most of the food while we sat outside during the sunset.

It was a great spot for an easy dinner.

And I liked how it was more Hawaiian than another chain meal we could get at home would have been. After that we had a shopping goal for Melissa.

We needed a few things so we HAD to go to Target, there was no other place to pick up some goldfish and waters.

It was fun to see how similar Target was to at home, with a few different Hawaiian touches.

We got some beach toys for the kids from the dollar section, and picked up some drinks and snacks too.

It was fun to walk around and see the stuff that was different. They had a pretty large section of Hawaiian snacks and choclates which was nice. The most exciting part was the reusable Target shopping bag that said Mahalo on it.

I guess we are easily amused. From Target it was a short trip to Aulani, and we got there before too late. We parked in the parking structure and walked towards the hotel, not knowing where the room number we had been texted earlier in the afternoon was.

We went to the elevators past the registration desk and went up to the 5th floor but our room number wasn’t in the range.

We figured out that we were in the wrong tower, so we went back down to the lobby and across past the gift shops to the other tower elevator.

We went up to the fifth floor there and found our room.

Maps at Aulani are non existent by the way. We had this trouble during the trip, there is a lack of sinage and maps. They tell you to download the app to help, it doesn’t

It was surprisingly difficult to learn our way around, but it was all totally new to us. We caught on before long, but a nice real map would have been helpful.

When we got in the room though, it was amazing. It truly was the nicest hotel room we have ever stayed in.

We made the decision to splurge on a one bedroom for the four of us and it just felt like so much room!

I also really liked the layout, with a direct door between the living room and the master bedroom, and the usual route through the large bathroom like at Copper Creek.

It combined to make a nice circular layout where the kids werent far away. Allie slept on the sofa bed and Marshall had his spot on the trundle in the living room.

There were also some unique things in the kitchen that we don’t see in Florida. A rice cooker and chopsicks in the silverware drawer.

Another really cool thing was that our name was on the TVs, welcoming us to our room.

So fun! I immediatley started laundry because we came home so dirty from our ATV tour and put the kids through the shower.

I ran down to the gift shop for laundry soap, and checked it out before running back up to the room.

Soon we were all ready for bed, and couldn't wait to finally spend time at Aulani.

Stay tuned for some pool time!

And morning resort pictures in a whole new resort!

great report,,thank you,,,for the atv tour do they give you the safety glasses for the kids or did you bring them. Were you allowed to bring your drone on the atv? or hook up a gopro to the atv?
We go in July and trying to see what different shots we can get..thanks again

We crossed a fun bridge and then went by the Dole Plantation.
I thought that the pineapple plantations were very cool and very Hawaiian. :)

We had chosen to go the long way to get there so that we could see the North Shore, and it was a nice drive. It was far more rural than the Southern part of the island, and it was a nice pleasant drive.
The north shore is very pretty. We had been up there when they were filming the movie "Blue Crush" in 2001 and the famous surfing beach was closed. But there were plenty of other gorgeous beaches to check out.
We had booked the ATV Raptor tour but the kids didn’t figure out that the movie was Jurassic Park until we pulled into the parking lot.
That sounds like a lot of fun. But Paul probably enjoyed it the most. ;)
The guides were awsome! I chatted with them about different plant species on the island and sleeping grass is endemic to Hawaii.
I never heard of sleeping grass. The vegetation there is so very different than we have here.
It turns out only a small portion of the Jurassic Park was shot here but lots of other movies were made there too, I won’t spoil it but it was a lot of fun.
There is probably a long list of movies filmed there. They also film a lot of movies on Kauai.
So dinner was at L&L Hawaiian BBQ. It was fun to kinda eat like a local.
How did Allie like her Spam soup? Kalua pork is my favorite. :)
Maps at Aulani are non existent by the way. We had this trouble during the trip, there is a lack of sinage and maps. They tell you to download the app to help, it doesn’t
I find the lack of paper maps to be very annoying. There is no way to properly see the layout on a smart phone screen. I have a feeling they aren't going to be bringing back paper maps too soon, either.
When we got in the room though, it was amazing. It truly was the nicest hotel room we have ever stayed in.
The villa is gorgeous. I love the rich, warm wood. It must have been nice to have the master suite for a change. :)
Another really cool thing was that our name was on the TVs, welcoming us to our room.
That is cool. Our room at the Yacht Club also had our name on the welcome screen.

Last edited:

The north shore is very pretty. We had been up there when they were filming the movie "Blue Crush" in 2001 and the famous surfing beach was closed. But there were plenty of other gorgeous beaches to check out.

That sounds like a look of fun. But Paul probably enjoyed it the most. ;)

I never heard of sleeping grass. The vegetation there is so very different than we have here.

There is probably a long list of movies filmed there. They also film a lot of movies on Kauai.

I find the lack of paper maps to be very annoying. There is no way to properly see the layout on a smart phone screen. I have a feeling they aren't going to be bringing back paper maps too soon, either.

The villa is gorgeous. I love the rich, warm wood. It must have been nice to have the master suite for a change. :)

That is cool. Our room at the Yacht Club also had our name on the welcome screen.
Is there a copy of the map pinned to the top post so others can print one out before they go? I agree, I need a hard copy. I’m sure someone could dig theirs out faster than I could…

Oh no. I can’t believe the housekeeper tossed the Boba cans. My DD17 loves boba but never had one in the can. I will have to recommend them next time we go.

Dh brought his drone with him. He didn’t have much luck finding anywhere to fly it though. He was able to fly it at the park down the street from Kualoa. Looking forward to see where else you fly it to let him know for next time.

The one bedrooms are so beautiful. We are a family of 5 but DD heads to college next year so we could do a studio next trip. Dh said no way. He needs the one bedroom.

Love your pictures!

great report,,thank you,,,for the atv tour do they give you the safety glasses for the kids or did you bring them. Were you allowed to bring your drone on the atv? or hook up a gopro to the atv?
We go in July and trying to see what different shots we can get..thanks again
Thanks! They gave us the glasses for the kids. I didn't try to bring my drone on the ATV trip, but I don't think it would have gone well. They don't allow the driver to take any pictures while you are driving, and the breaks would have been the only drone opportunity, and nobody else in our group had one. I did bring a GoPro, but didn't wind up mounting it to the ATV, although I think we could have. The "action" shots wouldn't have been too crazy, but it still would be cool to have done. Enjoy your trip, it is a lot of fun.

We learned during our trip about pineapples not being native to Hawaii, but that they grow well there. We would like to have stopped and explored some more North Shore beaches, but we are so glad that we took the time to drive through there.

That sounds like a look of fun. But Paul probably enjoyed it the most. ;)

It was a close race between all of us for who enjoyed it most. Melissa really liked seeing the cows, and I always like the chance to go off-roading.

The sleeping grass was something we hadn't heard of before either. It moves when you touch it, lind of like a venus fly trap. The kids loved it.

There were so many movies just that they filmed on the Kualoa Ranch, and they also pointed out where movies were filmed in the surrounding area. One of our favorites was 50 first dates, which had a lot of scenes filmed just South of Kualoa Ranch.

Allie really enjoyed the Spam soup. She is a fan of any salty soup, and now really likes Spam after the trip.

We are fans of paper maps, but would have been willing to settle for a good complete electronic one in the app. We never found it though.

On the website there is an electronic one that worked ok on phones, at least it was better than the Aulani app.
https://www.disneyaulani.com/map/?zoom=18&lat=21.3388979&lng=-158.1246955

We did enjoy having the master bedroom to ourselves, and liked that each kid had their own bed, and we loved the king sized bed, which was much more comfy than the Hyatt. The layout worked out so well, and we used the door between the master and the living room a lot, and it just doesn't exist at Copper Creek. The room was just beautiful and we loved it.

Is there a copy of the map pinned to the top post so others can print one out before they go? I agree, I need a hard copy. I’m sure someone could dig theirs out faster than I could…
It would be worth finding before the trip, because even in the Aulani app they didn't make it easy to find for us.

Oh no. I can’t believe the housekeeper tossed the Boba cans. My DD17 loves boba but never had one in the can. I will have to recommend them next time we go.
It was an easy mistake to make. Allie loves Boba teas, and we had never seen them in a can before either. They really tasted just like fresh made ones from a cup. They were quite common at lots of the ABC stores and 7-11s, but not the ABC store by Aulani.

Dh brought his drone with him. He didn’t have much luck finding anywhere to fly it though. He was able to fly it at the park down the street from Kualoa. Looking forward to see where else you fly it to let him know for next time.
I really enjoyed flying it from the South end of Waikiki, but we found some other cool spots later in the trip too. Aulani is tough, since they don't want you flying from Ko'Olina, but I did find a way to make a successful flight from there too.

The one bedrooms are so beautiful. We are a family of 5 but DD heads to college next year so we could do a studio next trip. Dh said no way. He needs the one bedroom.
We can totally relate. We have never stayed in a studio, and it would be hard to go to one after getting to stay in the bigger rooms. We love having our own laundry, and might consider the 1 bedroom upgrade for that feature alone.

Love your pictures!
Thank you so much. We broke out the good camera at Aulani and have more nice shots to come.

Last edited:
Thank you for the great report and looking forward to more, especially where to fly your drone as I'm thinking of bringing mine in July.

Thank you for sharing your trip with us, your pictures are beautiful and I'm so glad young DD got to meet Duffy:-)
We were all glad to finally be at Aulani, and we have lots more time there to come.

Thank you for the great report and looking forward to more, especially where to fly your drone as I'm thinking of bringing mine in July.
Thanks for following along and joining in. The drone was a fun addition to the trip. There are lots of small parks and beaches with awesome views where a drone can produce some awesome video. During the next day of the trip we went and flew a couple more times and really enjoyed it. Later on in the trip I made my covert Aulani flight, which turned out neat too. I would definitely bring a drone again, especially if I had time to go fly it at non-crowded beautiful locations.

The ranch ATV tour looks like it really was fun for all of you! What a great choice for your bonus activity. Did you check online later to see if you could order souvenirs, since the gift shop had closed? Did the Target store have any boba tea? Your shirt made me curious: what did you say when you were docking the boat?

We were all glad to finally be at Aulani, and we have lots more time there to come.

Thanks for following along and joining in. The drone was a fun addition to the trip. There are lots of small parks and beaches with awesome views where a drone can produce some awesome video. During the next day of the trip we went and flew a couple more times and really enjoyed it. Later on in the trip I made my covert Aulani flight, which turned out neat too. I would definitely bring a drone again, especially if I had time to go fly it at non-crowded beautiful locations.
My thought is even early morning at the "secret" beach a short walk from Aulani. I'll bring it and give it a shot. I may even sign up for a sunrise photography trip with a company and see if I can try it then as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter