She's Saying Aloha, an April 2022 Oahu and Aulani Trip Report (Completed 7/7)

Well, I am late to the party, reading this in February instead of last summer when you wrote it! But I loved every bit. Your drone photos were amazing. I am thoroughly impressed! I always love your recap style, and this was especially fun to read. We also like to eat at cheaper places (like Wendy's or Mcdonald's) to save some money on trips. Not every meal has to be a sit-down, expensive outing. Plus, it gives more time for other things. But we have never hit up a Home Depot or Costco, so that one is new for me! :)

We plan to take our kids to Hawaii (we honeymooned in Maui) for my youngest daughter's graduation present. It will be in 7 years, so a long way to wait...but I know it will be worth it! But we live in Kentucky so it is a LONG flight!

Off to read your Utah report now, hehe!

Well, I am late to the party, reading this in February instead of last summer when you wrote it! But I loved every bit. Your drone photos were amazing. I am thoroughly impressed! I always love your recap style, and this was especially fun to read. We also like to eat at cheaper places (like Wendy's or Mcdonald's) to save some money on trips. Not every meal has to be a sit-down, expensive outing. Plus, it gives more time for other things. But we have never hit up a Home Depot or Costco, so that one is new for me! :)

We plan to take our kids to Hawaii (we honeymooned in Maui) for my youngest daughter's graduation present. It will be in 7 years, so a long way to wait...but I know it will be worth it! But we live in Kentucky so it is a LONG flight!

Off to read your Utah report now, hehe!
Better late than never. We are so glad that you enjoy reading the reports. We have fun writing them and really like having a record of the trips.

We aren’t super fancy at home, so fast food is fine for vacation too, especially if it is good. Costco in Hawaii is something I had heard about for years, and it’s one of my favorite lunches at work since you can’t beat a hot dog and a drink for $1.50! There are at least three Costcos on Oahu, so it is an easy destination.

Speaking of Hawaii planning in general, we talked about it for years and I was pretty hesitant about it. It just didn’t seem like my thing. After having been, the biggest surprise of the trip is how much I enjoyed it and want to go back. Aulani was neat, but all of us are excited to go back and do all the other things there again. We’ll definitely get a nice rental car again, since that gave us a lot of freedom to explore the island. We also all would love to stay in Waikiki for part or all of a future stay, which is a big surprise. It is a neat area, just like the postcards and videos we’ve all seen all our lives.

Have a great time planning your trip, and feel free to ask us anything you think of.

Wow! I think this is the best, most interesting and thorough trip report I have read on the Dis. Thanks so much for a the super helpful information. You just helped solidify my vacation plans for Aulani. I was on the fence and now I’m sold!

Wow! I think this is the best, most interesting and thorough trip report I have read on the Dis. Thanks so much for a the super helpful information. You just helped solidify my vacation plans for Aulani. I was on the fence and now I’m sold!
Thanks so much, that is an awesome comment. We’re glad that you enjoyed reading about our trip and are even happier that it encouraged you to book yours. We hope you have a great time.
Looking back, like I mentioned earlier today we all loved it more than we expected, and can’t wait to go back again. The non-Disney stuff was way better than we expected, and it what the kids are looking forward to most. Feel free to ask us anything, and enjoy the time planning your trip.

Thank you so much for this trip report! I will be using this when I start planning my own trip next year! Can't wait to read more from you guys!
Thanks so much. We are getting ready for a WDW trip in June, and likely will return to Hawaii after that. We had a lot of fun on that trip.

Kathy and Greg just went for their 1 year anniversary and had fun. They report that Monkey Pod is still great, but they didn’t go to our hole in the wall BBQ place. Feel free to ask us anything as you plan your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter