Sheraton Vistana Villages

bwilde

Earning My Ears
We will be staying at the Sheraton Vistana Villages in May. HAs anyone stayed there, and are able to help? Any recommendations on what section to stay in? We are NON-Smokers, and are looking for a clean, updated room. Any help you can send our way would be greatly appreciated! I am reading mixed opinions of the resorts, I am hoping we made an ok decision to stay here....

we stayed there in nov for a short time in a friends time share, the only request we made was to be in a new building, i believe it was the key west building. it was quite nice, spacious and clean. we were on the first floor which was really convenient as we could park directly in front almost every day. the only thing that was not wonderful was towel service, we had to keep asking for replenishment. the key west building seemed to be very new although there was another area under construction whose name i dont know. hope this helps

we stayed there in nov for a short time in a friends time share, the only request we made was to be in a new building, i believe it was the key west building. it was quite nice, spacious and clean. we were on the first floor which was really convenient as we could park directly in front almost every day. the only thing that was not wonderful was towel service, we had to keep asking for replenishment. the key west building seemed to be very new although there was another area under construction whose name i dont know. hope this helps

Yes, thank you. Would you stay there again? I cannot find a map anywhere that shows me where the different sections are. Do you know of a map anywhere online at all? Were you able to request your room prior to arriving, or did you have to wait? I am afraid we may not have the best choice of rooms because we are arriving LATE on Friday. Thanks again for your help.

Rather than showing a map, I uploaded an image from Google Earth. The reception area is directly above the main pool. Starting counter clockwise from there, the Bella buildings are numbers 1-11 surrounding the main pool and coming back to the main building. Below Bella (the original area) is Key West which has its own pool area but it is much smaller than the main pool. To the left of Bella, is Amelia which is currently under construction. The VV is a great resort and I'm sure you will enjoy your stay. Having an updated room at VV isn't as important as VR as VV was opened as a Sheraton and has maintained SVN standards since opening.

vistanavillages.jpg

i spoke to my friend who owns the time share there... she said she requested the amelia building because it was so new, but when we checked in they told her the roads and such were still not done and so we were placed in another building, as i said im not sure but i think it was key west. we would definitely stay there again. i am a disney girl, all the way, but these accomodations were so spacious and well maintained i would, we were quite far from the main pool, but it was november and we didnt have time anyway. i was able to take a walk around the whole resort with the kids in the stroller. grounds were terrific, pools beautiful and clean. kitchen and plates and such clean, everything was very well kept. i'd go back in a heart beat. we are taking a trip in august and my uncle offered us his interval time share this resort was not available so we are going to the marriott cypress harbour. i hope it is as nice.

We just got back for the villages last night. We have stayed twice. As far as I know all of the rooms are updated. We stayed in bldg 9 last trip and 1 this trip. We requested top floor near the pool. So we got bldg 1 5th floor. Some of the newer areas are not near the pool and being close is great. It is a little noisey at night because people swim with their young kids late at night. We thought it was strange to hear a crying baby at 12:30 at night. There was construction across the street and the noise started at 8 am. We were up by then anyways. The unit itself was beautiful and very clean. The new units have plasma t.v.'s and updated radio/cd player and I think granite (our unit was corion counters). That is not that important to me because I would rather be close to the pool because I have young kids. It is a great place to stay. I would stay there again in a second. Any room you get would be good. Great service, easy checkin and really close to Seaworld and Universal. The activity center is great for kids and the main pool is fantastic. We went to the dance party and the dive in movie (Alvin and the Chipmunks). I would be shocked if someone left the Villages without a smile. Enjoy! I'll answer any questions you have.

We'll be at the Villages in August for a week. We usually stay at the Vistana Resort, but they had no availability for our week. This will be our first time at the villages.:cool1: We have a 2 bedroom, and I was wondering if the construction noise was really bothersome. Now that the kids are older, we usually stay late at the parks, and tend to sleep later the next morning. I'd rather have a good sleep than be close to the pool, if I had a choice. Should I request the newer section-away from the noise, and drive to the main pool, or just deal with it and stay nearer to the pool??? If the noise isn't too obvious, then it shouldn't be a huge decision. Although, the kids would like the newer plasma tv's and cd player....:goodvibes Oooohhh, decisions, decisions.....

Disneysnob- I think that the newer section has a lot of construction going on. They start at 8, so I would avoid those areas if you want to sleep in. Bldg 9 was quiet last trip and it was a five minute walk from the pool. If my kids were older the walk would not bother me and there is a pretty lake to look at from the porch. All of the units here are beautiful. The pool noise wasn't too bad. Just two nights with this crazy family with a baby. I like being on the top floor because there are cathedral ceilings and noone is stomping around above us. So top floor corner unit away from construction is what I would request. I called in my request directly to the resort 4 days prior to or arrival, Have fun!
Tara
bldgs 5 and 6 look kinda close to the pool without the construction and pool noise. They are not the newest but still beautiful.

bwilde- you will love this place.

Taratink....
Thanks so much for the info :thumbsup2
I just noticed you're from Burlington, MA....Go Red Sox!!!!
We're a few towns over in Saugus!

Thank you SO much for the information Taratink.... How old are your kids? I have a 4year old and an 8 year old. You mentioned that there was construction across the street from where you were.....Sometimes my kids will sleep in, and I don't want that to wake them up. If you wanted a clean, updated unit that is somewhat close to the pools, and you could pick any building, which one would you choose? Do you have any interior pictures of the unit you stayed in this time? I am a bit paranoid, due to the fact that our last family vacation ended up in a fly infested cottage that was dirty, and had a rocky beach (when the photo's online showed clean, and white sand :guilty: Thanks so much for your help!

The resort emailed me a map that had all of the buildings numbered on it.... Building #7 looks like we would have a nice view of the lake, and it looks like there is a bridge across to the main pool.... do you know anything about that building?

The resort emailed me a map that had all of the buildings numbered on it.... Building #7 looks like we would have a nice view of the lake, and it looks like there is a bridge across to the main pool.... do you know anything about that building?

I'll try to post some pics soon. The pictures that I have look just like the pictures on the website. Bldgs 6 and 7 look close enough to the pool but far enough away from construction. Please do not worry. This the second time that we have stayed at this resort and I am really picky. It is the nicest place that we have ever stayed and I have stayed onsite 4 times at the deluxe resorts. My kids are almost 7 and 8. There is a cute playground near bldg 1. I belive that the pool was rated the best family pool of the year in 2005. The rooms are consistantly good through out the resort. Have fun!
Tara

Thanks again! You have put my mind at ease, and now all I can do is look forward to actually being there. I can hardly wait!! I am not sure who is more excited, me or the kids....:yay:

Hi, we have stayed at the villages 3 times, once in #5 and twice in #8. That area 5 to 9 is quiet but an easy walk to the main pool. We usually ask for the top floor. I do not think the resort is non smoking( we worry about this too) but there has never been a problem with any of the units we have rented.
This is our favorite resort in Orlando!

We stayed in a 2-bedroom exactly 1 year ago for MA April vacation (go Sox!) in the Keys (?) Key West (?) section, it was toward the back of the resort. We actually preferred the "quiet pool," it was big and closer to the community hall building. and much less crowded than the main pool. The room was gorgeous, spacious and clean. I learned a lot looking up the reviews/pictures on tripadvisor.com, take a look over there. Have fun!

My DH and I stayed there in 2006 and it was amazing the rooms are big and and the bathroom was huge. We stayed at the Key West building which just opend so we were the first to stay there. I love this place would stay there again for a up coming may trip but DH wants to try something new.

we stayed in june 2005.....we had a great time....beautiful condo.....very clean....we stayed there with my sister and her daughter.....we was at 6 of us....my sister past away dec.16th 2007 at 45 years old of a heart attack.....i have great memories of our 10 day stay going to disneyworld and universal with her....i would love to stay there again on another trip...

lots of questions!
ok so we booked our trip for this comming june and i have a bunch of questions:
I heard there is a shuttle to the parks, is that true, and is it free?
Are the rooms equipped with plates, cups, spoons, etc...?
I would like a room located near the pool, which room should i ask for? (Preferably a new room)

lots of questions!
ok so we booked our trip for this comming june and i have a bunch of questions:
I heard there is a shuttle to the parks, is that true, and is it free?
Are the rooms equipped with plates, cups, spoons, etc...?
I would like a room located near the pool, which room should i ask for? (Preferably a new room)

VV is not a great place to stay if you are using shuttles/public transportation. And if you have a car, paying the parking fee at WDW is much better than living by a shuttle's timetable. VV is a timeshare property and the kitchens are fully equipped. The main pool is in the oldest section of the resort so you can not have the combination of new room by main pool. The newest rooms are in the Amelia section and I do not believe that the pool there is open yet. Key West area has a smaller pool but newer rooms than Bella - the original section.

1. Does anyone know what kids/family activities are offered at this resort on a Sunday?
2. Is the pool nicely heated in winter months?

Thank you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter