Sheraton Vistana Villages - Your reviews, tips & ratings

We stayed here for 10 nights a few weeks ago and it was fabulous. New room. Easy parking. Maid service every day. About $140 a night. No resort fee. Nice kitchen. Well furnished and very clean and quiet. Free and fast wifi. Room was close to the main pool and grills. Less than 15 min to the Disney parks and closer to Universal. Complex is huge though. We never dealt face to face with any of the staff, but they were extremely courteous every time I phoned reception. I did have a lot of voice mails left on the phone about picking up some welcome package. I never bothered to collect it, figuring it was some timeshare deal. Place was 98% full but to be honest it never felt crowded at all. I would definitely go back but there are so many places to try, perhaps WBC next time.

Glad you enjoyed your stay! And good thinking about the voice-mails, that is exactly what it was. The sales staff are rather pushy at Vistana Villages. It is one of the most common complaints that I see from guests when they review the resort.

I had to stay in Orlando for business in June. I needed to stay in town for 8 days. When I checked in, the staff asked if I had any special requests. I said I just needed to be somewhere quiet because I had some studying to do. They put me in The Keys, which was all the way in the back, but well worth it. The set up was perfect - I had a king suite with a full kitchen, washer and dryer. Plenty of room. The back porch overlooked the woods - not the pool or any common areas like most porches seem to face. I had plenty of quiet. The dining room table was a perfect place to spread my books and laptop out. Even the pool was fairly quiet at night as I used the whirlpool to unwind.

For a couple of nights, my family came to stay and there was plenty of room for them with the pull out sofa for my boys. While I was in class during the day, the rest of my family enjoyed the pool, the fitness room and they spent some time (and my money) at the Outlet mall a couple of miles down the road.

I believe we got 'a deal' on the room through Mousesavers. Can't remember the exact cost of the room, but the price was better than most 'normal' hotel rooms without the kitchen and definitely not a suite. I would have gone stir crazy for 8 days in a normal room.

Maid service was an extra $17 a day. In this instance, I opted not to get it because, being a guy, I could wash my own towels and I don't care about having my bed made everyday (though my wife cares very much). Plus I didn't want to risk having my books moved if I wasn't there or being disturbed if I was.

I did venture out to Hollywood Studios one day and Downtown Disney another. Due to the traffic and construction right in front of the Caribe Royale before I-4, it took about 20 minutes to get to the parks. I did not have an occasion to go toward Universal.

There is a market on site to stock your kitchen,but I didn't need to go since I brought my own groceries.

My only complaint are the voicemails left on the in room phone to sell me picture packages or the 'free breakfast' - ostensibly to hear a sales pitch. Also, and this is minor, the only place to run is on the roads around the complex, which all look the same, or on the treadmill in the fitness room. But the grounds are well-manicured and there are good walking places around the lakes.

I highly recommend the Sheraton Vistana. If I were planning another long trip - business or pleasure - I'd definitely stay there again.

Just a quick heads up if you've booked a "non penalty no deposit required" reservation...check your credit card! I booked in May for the beginning part of Nov, with no deposit required. Looked at credit card statement last night and there was a $900 charge from the resort!! :headache: When I called customer service they contacted the hotel directly for me, who said it was because November is such a busy month they decided to make it a new policy that all November bookings are 100% deposit required at time of booking and went in and charged everyone's credit cards...without notice.

I was actually in the process of having to changes my dates, as I couldn't secure airfare for my original dates so, as you can imagine. this was not okay!! Have to say though I was really impressed with Customer Service. They moved my dates, kept it as "no deposit required" and are refunding my money (they will be getting it anyway...just not three months early!!)

So if you're like me and run a credit card with a low balance go check! They just did this over this past weekend....

Hi,
Has anyone stayed here recently? What is the best building for kids? I have two boys age 4 and 6 would like to be close to a pool and playground. The view does not matter.

What are the differences between a 1 BR villa and a 1BR Premium villa?

I've looked online for a map, but can't figure out which one is the most recent. Some are showing construction still....

Thanks.

Hi,
Has anyone stayed here recently? What is the best building for kids? I have two boys age 4 and 6 would like to be close to a pool and playground. The view does not matter.

What are the differences between a 1 BR villa and a 1BR Premium villa?

I've looked online for a map, but can't figure out which one is the most recent. Some are showing construction still....

Thanks.

Key West, Bella, And St. Augustine all have a pool and a playground! St. Augustine would probably be the best for kids as there is a pirate ship and a water slide. The bella/main pool also has things for kids like an interactive fountain. The Key West pool is quieter and does not have any big interactive features, but there is a small kiddie pool right off the main pool, and the playground is right there as well.

A one bedroom villa is smaller than a premium villa. The premium villas will have full kitchens vs. kitchenettes, bigger beds (king vs. queen), a whirlpool tub in the master bedroom etc. Floor-plans vary by phase, but you can check some out here: https://www.starwoodvacationnetwork.../sheraton-vistana-villages/villas#floorplan-8

Here is a resort map that is pretty current/accurate: https://www.mystarcentral.com/CMS/en_US/svo_media/CMSMedia/PDF/resort_maps/svv_resort_map.pdf

Key West, Bella, And St. Augustine all have a pool and a playground! St. Augustine would probably be the best for kids as there is a pirate ship and a water slide. The bella/main pool also has things for kids like an interactive fountain. The Key West pool is quieter and does not have any big interactive features, but there is a small kiddie pool right off the main pool, and the playground is right there as well.

A one bedroom villa is smaller than a premium villa. The premium villas will have full kitchens vs. kitchenettes, bigger beds (king vs. queen), a whirlpool tub in the master bedroom etc. Floor-plans vary by phase, but you can check some out here: https://www.starwoodvacationnetwork.../sheraton-vistana-villages/villas#floorplan-8

Here is a resort map that is pretty current/accurate: https://www.mystarcentral.com/CMS/en_US/svo_media/CMSMedia/PDF/resort_maps/svv_resort_map.pdf

Thanks!

We will be using Starwood Points and/or Cash and Points to book our stay.

Since we are not owners there, how bad will the sales pitches be? This is something I'm hoping we can avoid.

^^Melissa! We just booked our trip for September, also! :cool1:

Wait, was that weird? I swear I'm not a stalker or anything...just super excited.:rotfl2:

Anyway, we are annual Disney visitors and we always stay on-site; however, this year, we decided to cut costs considerably by doing a villa off-site with SPG points rather than pay through the nose again for a Deluxe Villa on Disney property. (And, to our complete shock, paying cash turned out to be a heckuva better deal than using points!)

This thread has been so super helpful and it's put my mind at ease about staying offsite, especially knowing that the distance isn't too far and it's fairly central to Sea World and Universal.

Now, what I'd really like to know is how some of you were able to request rooms. We booked our 2 brm suite through Starwood, so should I call the hotel directly and request this now? And what rooms do you recommend for a fun view of that adorable pirate-themed pool/close proximity to it? My kids would be in 7th heaven... :goodvibes

Lastly, I'm sort of up in the air about driving vs. shuttle vs. cab. I know from experience that on-park Disney transportation can take awhile and several times we've used cabs to get from a hotel to a park or vice-versa (especially during inclement weather or when running behind for dining reservations). Here are my specific questions:
1. Is there a cab service you recommend? How responsive are they?
2. I have an annual pass that makes parking free; however, I'd like to know how much of a pain it is to find your car/get out of the parks. I've seen the parking lot trolleys, but we've always flown in and never needed to use them.
3. How is the hotel shuttle? Do you have to call and request it or does it have a set schedule?
4. Do they run a shuttle to Sea World and/or Universal? If so, your thoughts?

If you made it this far, God bless you! :goodvibes

Hi, I know you posted this a while ago, but I'm curious as to how your experience went at SVV and what transportation you used to get to the parks.

Also, we were planning on booking with points also. Just curious what your deal was for the 2BR.

Thanks!

Thanks!

We will be using Starwood Points and/or Cash and Points to book our stay.

Since we are not owners there, how bad will the sales pitches be? This is something I'm hoping we can avoid.

I would definitely try to avoid the sales pitch. For owners they are advertised as 60 minutes, and for other guests they are advertised as 90 minutes. But of course it will be longer than 90 minutes!! So my advice is to avoid the "welcome package" that they offer you at check-in.

my general rule about staying offsite is to always have a rental car. (there should be good deals at the airport if you plan ahead.) never rely on the shuttles, even if they are an option.

just don't pick up any welcome packages and don't go for any offered breakfasts or meetings. they'll probably just leave messages on the phone - if they actually call you, some people just unplug the room phone since they are using their cell phone anyway...

it's not really that bad, just say no if it comes up and move on...

Thanks! We just booked a 2 BR for 10 nights for June! We decided to pay cash instead of points, as we got a good deal thru AAA.

I requested the St. Augustine area so we could be close to the Pirate Ship.

Just wondering what other types of requests would be useful...i.e. a certain building, or a certain floor.... Is there anything special we should be requesting, or anything we should be sure to avoid?

my general rule about staying offsite is to always have a rental car. (there should be good deals at the airport if you plan ahead.) never rely on the shuttles, even if they are an option.

My husband has convinced me to drive this time. So we will have a car. I think we will just drive to the parks. I agree with you about the shuttles.

some people just unplug the room phone since they are using their cell phone anyway...

Great idea! We will be doing this!

Thanks! We just booked a 2 BR for 10 nights for June! We decided to pay cash instead of points, as we got a good deal thru AAA.

I requested the St. Augustine area so we could be close to the Pirate Ship.

Just wondering what other types of requests would be useful...i.e. a certain building, or a certain floor.... Is there anything special we should be requesting, or anything we should be sure to avoid?

Great! Building 25 is great as it is the newest and most centrally located, but it has a sales office on the 7th floor and is thus mostly filled with guests staying on a sales package. All buildings should be good in St. Augustine. A higher floor may alleviate some noise issues from the pool, however!

I'm hoping someone can enlighten me as to the shuttle situation here. I've read conflicting reviews on tripadvisor and other sites. Unfortunately, asking the hotel directly has been no help since they answer in vague statements.

Is there a reliable shuttle schedule, and how plentiful are cabs if we go that route?

I just received a call from SVV to say that we've been assigned to the Amelia section for our upcoming stay and they said it was the most recently updated. Has anyone stayed in that section recently? Curious if I should request a change?

I'd like to add my review to this post. We just got back from a week at SVV.

We booked through a recent Mousesavers deal, which was around $125 a night with no resort fees/parking (not sure if that is standard) and housekeeping included at no extra cost.

Overall, it was an excellent experience. We arrived late and I was able to get a spot in St. Augustine, which was perfect since we have young kids and wanted to take advantage of the pirate pool.

The place seemed quite clean and was really spacious. My kids were thrilled to have their own bathroom, though my daughter wanted to try the Jacuzzi tub in my bathroom.

I realize everyone has a different experience and that can be impacted by the day/workload facing the housekeeping staff and other factors. For us, the value in staying at SVV was huge. The place was in great condition and the grounds were more impressive/lush than other similar properties we passed. Publix and Walgreens are practically across the street. We saved a lot of money having breakfast in the room, packing snacks and bottled water for the parks, and even packing the kids' lunch a few days. The washer and dryer was fantastic to have.

Yes, there are other properties closer to the Disney parks, but the drive wasn't bad at all. The pirate pool was a huge hit with our family (though the last day we swam, the pool was closed after a kid had a, um, code brown...people, please put swim diapers on your kids like the hotel asks, because this was beyond gross!!! That was the only bad part of the stay).

Overall, I highly recommend the place. I knew to steer clear of the "vacation package" and just didn't answer the phone, so no issues with time share presentations. I tip the housekeepers daily and got decent service there.

We stayed at the Polynesian last year and I was really nervous to make the jump to off-site, since we had a fantastic experience in the Disney bubble, so to speak. This time, I couldn't justify that cost. I'm really glad we tried this place because it allowed us to return to Disney much sooner.

I just received a call from SVV to say that we've been assigned to the Amelia section for our upcoming stay and they said it was the most recently updated. Has anyone stayed in that section recently? Curious if I should request a change?

It is true that Amelia was recently updated. I personally don't love the decor, but you find pictures of the villas here: https://www.starwoodvacationnetwork.../sheraton-vistana-villages/villas#floorplan-1

In terms of location, the Amelia buildings are located right next to I-Drive so you might get some traffic noise. There is also no designated pool, but the St. augustine pool and the main pool are within very close walking distance (4 min max).

I thread in the main forum reminded me to ask this:

What is provided for you in the kitchen in a 2BR?

What types of dishes, glasses etc? Are they kid friendly?

What type of coffee maker?

Is there a toaster and/or toaster oven?

I'm assuming there is a microwave?

Do I need to bring dish and/or dishwasher detergent?

Any other suggestions for items I should bring? (Besides food and beverage.)

(For me, DH, and two boys who will be almost 5 and 7.)

Thanks!

We are staying in a 2 bdr in the Cascades right now. (Sorry, just realized this is Resort, not Villages, possibly similar setup?)

I thread in the main forum reminded me to ask this:

What is provided for you in the kitchen in a 2BR? Most of the necessities: plates, bowls, coffee cups, glasses, utensils, pots, pans, cookie sheets, measuring cups, mixing bowl, salad bowl, serving dish, blender, toaster, coffee maker, paper towels, dish towel, little packets of salt and pepper.

What types of dishes, glasses etc? Are they kid friendly? Fiestaware, glasses and plastic cups- pick up paper plates or bring plastic for little ones

What type of coffee maker? regular old coffee pot, not keurig

Is there a toaster and/or toaster oven? basic pop up toaster

I'm assuming there is a microwave? yes :)

Do I need to bring dish and/or dishwasher detergent? They provide dishwasher packets and a small bottle of dish soap.

Any other suggestions for items I should bring? (Besides food and beverage.) If your room has a washer/dryer, you'll need detergent.

Check the temp of the refrigerator when you arrive, ours wasn't very cold. Our oven also does not heat up correctly but I've been able to cope with it by setting high and cooking longer. Definitely prewash any dishes! I was anyway for my allergic son, but then found a dirty dish at the bottom of the stack in the cabinet!

Also, they provide bar soap but not shampoo/conditioner like most hotels.

(For me, DH, and two boys who will be almost 5 and 7.)

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!