Sheraton Vistana Villages - Your reviews, tips & ratings

Going to be Staying at the Vistana Villas on Int'l drive the last week of march. It's our first time there. Going with our 3 kids 7, 10, and 13. Is there a certain building we should request that's closer to amenities? Will they even accommodate that?

Not even sure what we are doing. Might do Universal or Disney. We were just there recently. Any other suggestions or tips on the resort are appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
Paul
We own at Vistana Villages and stay there quite a bit, including several times in 2020. Right now only the Bella and Key West pools are open. The St Augustine Pool is still closed. The only facilities open at the resort are the gym in the St Augustine section and the restaurant recently reopened for take out orders. Nothing else is operating. No activities or anything else. While we were there, occupancies ranted from 18% up to about 40%. I am sure in March, occupancy will be higher, but this resort has struggled to bring people back. I don't really know why other than the fact that so much is still closed onsite.

They also recently remodeled the villas in the Amelia phase and I think they did a great job. You can check out a video I made of the renovations if you are interested. I also have a number of other videos from Vistana Villages to check out if you are interested.

Yes, I wonder with the Marriott takeover of Sheraton, they reassessed their discounts partners, and axed Mousesavers. Just a complete guess.
All of 2020, I got many other of their hotel offers but none for Vistana Villages... ☹

Going to be Staying at the Vistana Villas on Int'l drive the last week of march. It's our first time there. Going with our 3 kids 7, 10, and 13. Is there a certain building we should request that's closer to amenities? Will they even accommodate that?

Not even sure what we are doing. Might do Universal or Disney. We were just there recently. Any other suggestions or tips on the resort are appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
Paul

You never know if they will be able to fulfill your request, but there is certainly no harm in asking! It's pretty common to request a phase or building.

If you want to be close to the action (not that there is a ton going on at the moment), I'd probably recommend the Bella phase, which is built around the main pool and quiet pool, near the lobby and restaurant that is currently takeout only. Just keep in mind that the villas are older and a bit dated (been renovated multiple times, but still not as modern as other phases). If the St. Augustine pool reopens by March, then that is a great option for kids - has a pool bar, waterslide, and a pirate ship in the pool - villas are beautiful too. (This pool is the only one that requires lifeguards which I assume is why it's still closed). The Key West phase is my personal favorite - but it's in the back of the resort and typically quieter than other areas. It does have its own pool, playground, hot tub and kiddie pool (and a rec center in normal times). Amelia, as the user above pointed out, has very nice renovated villas...you just may have to walk a little further to the pol.

Check out this resort map to see where the phases are located: http://vistana-web-static.s3.amazonaws.com/vistana-web/destinations/maps/svv-resort-map.pdf

Hello! Looking to see if anyone has stayed here more recently. I just wanted to see what was and was not open as of now.

Hello again! Staying at the end of June for the first time ever. We’d love a renovated room and also would like to be near to the main pool or the pool with the pirate ship. Do you have a suggestion for which 1 bedroom to request?
Also, are there recreation activities offered at this resort for kids? (Arts and crafts, pool games, or anything like that as usually found at the resorts on Disney property).

Hello again! Staying at the end of June for the first time ever. We’d love a renovated room and also would like to be near to the main pool or the pool with the pirate ship. Do you have a suggestion for which 1 bedroom to request?
Also, are there recreation activities offered at this resort for kids? (Arts and crafts, pool games, or anything like that as usually found at the resorts on Disney property).

They do have some activities by the pool! There should be an activities calendar when you check in. It seemed to be a bit scaled-down during our last stay (April) but there were still some things going on. Bella is the phase by the main pool, but I think the villas in the St. Augustine phase (next to the pirate ship) are much nicer! They are the most recent units to be renovated, and they only opened around 2009-2010 anyway :)

They do have some activities by the pool! There should be an activities calendar when you check in. It seemed to be a bit scaled-down during our last stay (April) but there were still some things going on. Bella is the phase by the main pool, but I think the villas in the St. Augustine phase (next to the pirate ship) are much nicer! They are the most recent units to be renovated, and they only opened around 2009-2010 anyway :)
Thank you! I’m going to request Amelia or St Augustine because I believe they were both just renovated and close to the pirate ship pool. I’m excited for our first stay!

Mostly stay on Disney property but with kids getting older (and more expensvie lol) we will likely be doing more off site activities and staying other resorts. Booked for SVV next week and signed up to Marriot Bonvoy. What needs to be done to receive these "offers", just sign up for emails? Also do the offers normally require a timeshare presentation?

Good Questions! That's all I ever did was sign up to be a Marriott Bonvoy Member (I was a SPG Member prior to their merge). I have stayed at one of their resorts & also sat for a TimeShare presentation many years ago (we did not buy).
This time, they told me there is no presentation required, they stated due to COVID. This is great to take advantage of the deal they provided!
Even though I own DVC, I don't want to use all my points up for every trip (or can't). So this comes in handy & is even more appealing to my friends who don't understand my love of Disney. I totally understand as it is very expensive but I am soon to show them the fun Adults can have!

Mostly stay on Disney property but with kids getting older (and more expensvie lol) we will likely be doing more off site activities and staying other resorts. Booked for SVV next week and signed up to Marriot Bonvoy. What needs to be done to receive these "offers", just sign up for emails? Also do the offers normally require a timeshare presentation?

They will strongly encourage you to attend the time share presentation. But they cannot present if the husband or wife isn't present. I always just say - DH is here on work and I don't know when he will be available - which shuts them down.

They will strongly encourage you to attend the time share presentation. But they cannot present if the husband or wife isn't present. I always just say - DH is here on work and I don't know when he will be available - which shuts them down.
So, you take advantage of the promotion & your husband doesn't attend? I've tried telling them in the past that he will not be making the decision anyways but they still told me he needed to be there. I wouldn't take advantage of the offer in fear of them charging me/us full price.

So, you take advantage of the promotion & your husband doesn't attend? I've tried telling them in the past that he will not be making the decision anyways but they still told me he needed to be there. I wouldn't take advantage of the offer in fear of them charging me/us full price.

No. I only stay at a full cash price as acceptance of a special promotion (X nights for the low low price of $X.99) is a legal obligation to attend a time share presentation. So even though we have received those offers, I never book them.

As a regular guest - even if you are already a time share member with Marriott - you will be strongly encouraged to set up a time as you have to get your parking pass from those folks. So that's where I say DH is working etc.

The newest offer doesn't require a timeshare presentation.
No. I only stay at a full cash price as acceptance of a special promotion (X nights for the low low price of $X.99) is a legal obligation to attend a time share presentation. So even though we have received those offers, I never book them.

As a regular guest - even if you are already a time share member with Marriott - you will be strongly encouraged to set up a time as you have to get your parking pass from those folks. So that's where I say DH is working etc.
The new promo offer is not a time share presentation and there is no obligation. They are very clear about that when you book it. Not that they won't ask you if you want to attend when you get there, but it's fine to say, "No, thank you".

The newest offer doesn't require a timeshare presentation.

The new promo offer is not a time share presentation and there is no obligation. They are very clear about that when you book it. Not that they won't ask you if you want to attend when you get there, but it's fine to say, "No, thank you".

Correct! It does not! I am taking advantage of this but I am sad that I didn't get one for Hawaii again - haha! I am sure we will enjoy this though :flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter