• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sheraton Vistana Resort vs Villages

Yes, they are both timeshare resorts, run by Sheraton. The grand dame of the two is the Sheraton Vistana Resort, which began development in the late 70's (incorporated as a timeshare in Dec. '80) and now consists of 135 acres developed in 7 phases or sections. The two newest sections, Cascades and Lakes, have very similar layouts to the Vistana Villages units. The Vistana Resort is just finishing up a 4-year refurbishment of all units, so the entire resort is good as new.

Sheraton Vistana Villages is a couple of miles away, and presumably started development as space began to run out at SVR. The buildings are newer, but some of the older sections are actually getting a bit worn (IMO), and the resort is still seeing a bit of development. SVV is not as large as SVR, so there aren't quite as many amenities.

Both are maintained to a pretty high standard and are great vacation properties. They can be rented directly from Sheraton, or from owners on TUG (www.tug2.net) or RedWeek. I have stayed at and enjoyed both resorts, and I now own a week at SVR.

that's a great description. One thing I wondered about is, how many pools are at the Villages? Is there one main pool with some smaller pools?

that's a great description. One thing I wondered about is, how many pools are at the Villages? Is there one main pool with some smaller pools?

Last time we were at Villages (2 years now), they had 2 pool areas. There are a couple of pools in the main pool area. I was looking for a more updated map, but the one I found onlime dates to around the same time I was there. Our kids absolutely LOVED the waterfall at the main pool.

Those 2 pools compare to 7 pools total at the Vistana Resorts.

Are there any extra charges or fees at these resorts?

Has anyone ever stayed just one night? We are considering staying at the Villages one night before our WDW stay. We are DVC members, but decided to come in a day early and the extra space at these resorts sounds great.

Thanks!

do you mean in size? Or when comparing fun things about it, like waterfalls, slides, etc.?

I was just comparing in number. You have more pool options at Vistana Resort. Of the seven pools there, four are "large, free form pools, a couple with waterfalls/slides. The others are quieter and are conventional shape and size.

My kids prefer the waterfall at Vistana Villages, but every kid is different!

Are there any extra charges or fees at these resorts?

Has anyone ever stayed just one night? We are considering staying at the Villages one night before our WDW stay. We are DVC members, but decided to come in a day early and the extra space at these resorts sounds great.

Thanks!

Both resorts will rent rooms by the night. Just go to the Sheraton/Starwood site, or through a TA. There are no unexpected charges, if that is what you mean. You can charge meals etc to your room. Some activities do have extra fees. Vistana Resort currently has a giant inflatable "Rip Slide" that you need to pay to ride. They also charge for Mini-Putt ($2pp as I recall) and for the surrey bikes.

Housekeeping depends on how you book your stay. If you are on a full week stay, it only includes a mid-week towel change/tidy UNLESS you have booked full daily housekeeping (extra $$). Park shuttle is usually included for "hotel" stays; extra cost if a timeshare owner or exchange.

If you just stay a night or two, you should have no unexpected fees.

Enjoy your stay!

I've been to both (although it has been a few years) and liked the villages better. Newer, nicer design. The V resort is very large and showing its age in places.

FYI, this thread really belongs in the orlando hotels and attraction section. This section is for reviews by guests who have stayed at the locations recently (see the sticky posted by the webmaster here).

Thanks

I've been to both (although it has been a few years) and liked the villages better. Newer, nicer design. The V resort is very large and showing its age in places.

FYI, this thread really belongs in the orlando hotels and attraction section. This section is for reviews by guests who have stayed at the locations recently (see the sticky posted by the webmaster here).

Thanks

I know. And I think the other one, "sheraton resort questions" belongs there too. Is there any way a mod can move them?

I know. And I think the other one, "sheraton resort questions" belongs there too. Is there any way a mod can move them?

It will probably take quite a while for a mod to come across these posts. Not a very popular subforum. If it bothers you enough, you can alert the mod by clicking the "report this post" button to the left and asking them to move the thread to the appropriate (parent) forum.

We have stayed at the VV 3 times and VR once. They are both great but I like the VV better because it is smaller.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter