Sharing TS meals on DP

jennab

DIS Veteran
Are we able to share table service meals on the dining plan? We will be doing a signature restaurant so looking for ways to make the rest of the credits work! We are all on the same reservation. I know dp people can't share with non dp but since we are all I wasn't sure the rules.

Than

We just got back and we shared many table service meals with no issue. We ate at Boatwrights, Kona and Yak and Yeti to name a few.:)

Great thank you! We have 4 adults (and a 1yr old) so just trying to figure out dining. Plus a lot of times it's so much food I figure we could share anyway :). Did you just tell the server that you were sharing a meal?

Yes ...we just told them we were sharing. No problems , No questions. All the servers we had were very accommodating. We also ordered some things out of pocket and it was never an issue. We just got a bill at the end for whatever the dining plan did not cover.:thumbsup2

The only restaurant that has been very strict with credit usage is Via Napoli. You cannot use 1 credit to share a pizza between 2 people. At all other TS restaurants we have been able to share meals.

At buffets, all you care to eat family style restaurants and the skillet at Whispering Canyon you will be charged for each person. Also at CRT, the dinner shows and the Fantasmic Dinner Package.

What about sharing meals for groups of 6 or more where the 18% gratuity is automatically added? Do they just add the 18% on the total of the bill even though the bill is less than it would normally be if everyone was ordering their own separate meal?

What about sharing meals for groups of 6 or more where the 18% gratuity is automatically added? Do they just add the 18% on the total of the bill even though the bill is less than it would normally be if everyone was ordering their own separate meal?

I am pretty sure the 18% auto gratutity is added as long as there are 6 breathing people there...whether or not they eat or 6 meals are ordered.

You can always check out the tipping thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter