Share your story from visiting DHS’ SWGE!

Would love to know:

how early you can get in for a later reservation (mine is 1 on Sunday)

How/if you can get a savi’s time if you did not reserve ahead of time

can you skip the giant horde going to MFSR and ride it later (or not at all) if you would rather

We did MFSG right when the event started. No wait. It was good, but nothing special.

Apparently they do not have the Batuuan Spira gift cards yet. Every single shop said they didn't have them yet.

After the ride, we went straight to Oga's for our 9am return time. We got lucky and got seats. We had the Outer Rim (very good), Fuzzy Tauntaun (good), Yub Nub (good), and Bespin Fizz (meh). The Yub Nub comes in an Endor souvenir cup and costs $45.

After Oga's we walked around taking pictures. Then we went to Ronto's Roasters. Both the regular wrap and breakfast wrap were delicious.

Then we went and bought some kyber Crystal's. You do get an AP discount in the shops.

We just did a walk-up for Saavi's. We are first in line for the next group.

Last edited:
I’ll share a more detailed post later but we’re having a great time! Everything is super immersive!! Two disappointments were that dj Rex wasn’t working and they don’t have any backpacks for droids. I was really looking forward to the backpack so that was a bummer. The carrier they give you is kind of a hassle to carry

I’ll share a more detailed post later but we’re having a great time! Everything is super immersive!! Two disappointments were that dj Rex wasn’t working and they don’t have any backpacks for droids. I was really looking forward to the backpack so that was a bummer. The carrier they give you is kind of a hassle to carry
They already sold out of droid backpacks? Aw man really wanted a droid around in that

Bright suns from GE!! We were let in right at 12 for our 1-5 slot. We were given a 12:20 return to Oga's. The DJ’s not working today. As we left there, it was raining pretty good. Line for MFSR is at 70 minutes but constantly moving. GE is not empty, but like a level 2 crowd maybe. Having so much fun with my family!

Last edited:
They already sold out of droid backpacks? Aw man really wanted a droid around in that
I’m guessing they didn’t have any today because we went to the depot at around 9:40 am. I was pretty upset but I guess they just won’t get my money

If you have an Oga’s reservation must you get a return time right away? Not sure I want booze super early. Was hoping for more like 11am.

Is four hours too much time, not enough time or just right?

So my friends and I had an amazing time in Galaxy’s Edge! We arrived a little before 7. Security started at around 7:25. They let us through the turnstile at 7:50. Then they checked us in. Make sure you tell them if you have Oga’s or Savi’s. They give out the times in order and you cannot request a later time.

They let us in at 8:30. You really feel like you’re entering another world. The land is immersive and phenomenal. Even though we had a 9 Oga’s reservation, we were able to ride SR before. I was left pilot the first time. It is a very fun ride! We then went to Oga’s. I had the beer flight and the fuzzy tauntan. I’d recommend the Fuzzy. My friend got the cliff dweller. We were able to take the mugs home. Be warned if you get the beer light you will be carrying around a large box all day. We then walked around the FO area and checked out the Droid Depot. The TIE Ecthelon looks very impressive.

My friends went to do SR again and I waited for standby for Savi’s. They couldn’t tell me how long I would have to wait but it ended up being only 15 minutes. I built my Peace and Justice lightsaber z I’m embarrassed to say it was a quasi-religious experience.

We then went on SR again. Unfortunately, the amazing Hondo animatronic was down. I felt bad for the people who didn’t get to see him. Still I got to be right pilot the second time and put the MF into hyperspace!

We then went around the shops and restaurants. The blue milk with rum is actually really good! I’d also recommend Ronto’s roasters. I bought some toys and a shirt for my daughter.

The land as a whole is very immersive. We interacted with Vi, Rey and stormtroopers. We checked out the Resistance area. It was then after 1 and started raining, so we left.

Overall, it was one of the best days of my life and I hope you all have an amazing time!

EDIT: Huge oversight on my part - the Cast Members were wonderful! They were great to interact with and made the whole experience seem even more believable. Thank you!

Attachments

• 4D64CD06-5F2F-4D6B-B600-BDAB9FA4D557.jpeg
    4D64CD06-5F2F-4D6B-B600-BDAB9FA4D557.jpeg
    119.7 KB · Views: 58
  • 9D44AA45-6270-4923-AD21-B7534149F400.jpeg
    9D44AA45-6270-4923-AD21-B7534149F400.jpeg
    86.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 241A7ECD-B956-44D6-9048-340321A98F97.jpeg
    241A7ECD-B956-44D6-9048-340321A98F97.jpeg
    117 KB · Views: 63
  • 0D4C91B9-4B8D-40B9-82B4-3951BB867285.jpeg
    0D4C91B9-4B8D-40B9-82B4-3951BB867285.jpeg
    114.9 KB · Views: 66
  • 7C38E876-A0C1-4993-9DBF-DAF3A6ED8202.jpeg
    7C38E876-A0C1-4993-9DBF-DAF3A6ED8202.jpeg
    107.1 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
If you have an Oga’s reservation must you get a return time right away? Not sure I want booze super early. Was hoping for more like 11am.

From @JediStitch ‘s great recap!
Make sure you tell them if you have Oga’s or Savi’s. They give out the times in order and you cannot request a later time.

We felt 4 hours was more than enough time. We actually left a little before 1. I would like to go back and spend more time on the app though

Those who went to Savi's, who was your "Kenme" (sp?)/lead gatherer (description) and what did you think of him/her? I've seen several in videos and curious to hear opinions.

So we arrived at about 12:20pm for our 1-5pm preview. We got in right away.
It seemed like a typical day at the park at that point with lines and crowds.

Our entry card to Oga’s was 12:35pm. so we lined up there first. We waited maybe 5-10 minutes in line. We were put at a standing table which we enjoyed very much. It was crowded and you were placed with other people. It was fun! Much better then being seated at a booth with other people IMO. My husband bought the $85 beer flight because he wanted the Rancor tooth flight board, even though he doesn’t drink. Lol.
They box up a new one for you. Oga’s is probably once and done for us but I’m glad we got to try it.

We went to the Docking Bay for food. We got a shrimp bowl and Yiptip chicken. We really liked the chicken. We went on the ride next. Wait time was posted at 40 minutes. We were off in about 35 minutes. We rode it again later. The wait time was about 15 minutes for the last hour or so, between 4 and 5pm. So that was great.

We wandered about through the market and outpost. And we stopped at Ronto Roasters for a grilled sausage wrap. It was delicious! We did a few Photopass pictures.

We headed out at 5pm. because we were done. At that point, there weren’t too many people left. Crowds had really thinned out. We all had a good time. I was really surprised at how big it was. I was expecting something much smaller in scope. So that was a neat surprise. :)

Thanks for sharing. So looks like I am getting up early on tuesday to try and get there before 7:30-8:00.

Were buses running that early to DHS?

Were they just letting in AP holders only through turnstiles at 7:50? Or all guests?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!