Share your story from visiting DHS’ SWGE!

After experiencing the huge bag check lines at DHS this month and seeing pictures on CM preview days, I think we are going to try to go without any bags for the AP preview of SWGE. I'm nervous about my phone because it doesn't fit very well in any of my shorts pockets. I also don't know what else I need to bring for ourselves. For instance, in an abundance of caution (and because if there is an issue I don't want to take time to go through guest services and bc of AP discounts), I always bring my AP cards -- in addition to wearing my MagicBand. I also always bring at least my license, too, bc of annual pass discounts. DH doesn't bring his bc I always have mine. I assume I should still plan to bring the AP cards along with my license. I'm thinking DH better bring his, too, bc not sure if they will ask for that when you check into SWGE. What do folks think? What else do I need to bring in my pockets since I won't have my go to bag of ponchos, suntan lotion, water bottles, first aid kit. I thought about going the night before and renting a locker to put my pochos, etc. in and keeping it for the next day since we have a 9am slot but I think the lockers are only for 1 day and the codes probably clear out automatically for the next day so my stored stuff from day b4 might be gone. Interested on other people's thoughts on items to bring versus going through bag check at DHS these days,

After experiencing the huge bag check lines at DHS this month and seeing pictures on CM preview days, I think we are going to try to go without any bags for the AP preview of SWGE. I'm nervous about my phone because it doesn't fit very well in any of my shorts pockets. I also don't know what else I need to bring for ourselves. For instance, in an abundance of caution (and because if there is an issue I don't want to take time to go through guest services and bc of AP discounts), I always bring my AP cards -- in addition to wearing my MagicBand. I also always bring at least my license, too, bc of annual pass discounts. DH doesn't bring his bc I always have mine. I assume I should still plan to bring the AP cards along with my license. I'm thinking DH better bring his, too, bc not sure if they will ask for that when you check into SWGE. What do folks think? What else do I need to bring in my pockets since I won't have my go to bag of ponchos, suntan lotion, water bottles, first aid kit. I thought about going the night before and renting a locker to put my pochos, etc. in and keeping it for the next day since we have a 9am slot but I think the lockers are only for 1 day and the codes probably clear out automatically for the next day so my stored stuff from day b4 might be gone. Interested on other people's thoughts on items to bring versus going through bag check at DHS these days,
yeah you can't rent lockers over night.
I always carry a bag cause I have a lot of things I need and haven't had problems with bag check, maybe 10 min at most. Plus they are about to open all bag check tables because they are basically done with construction on that so it should move faster.
Remember this thread is for "just back" reports. For additional discussion on what to bring you could use the AP preview meetup thread

I have the Droid depot booked for our November trip...me, a grown woman who saw SW when I was a kid 😁! DS and DD are doing Savis...10 years after building lightsabers at a Star Wars weekend we attended in 2009!!! Theyre paying this time 🤣🤣🤣 and we have our cantina ressie. Cant wait!!!

If my preview time is 1 pm to 5 pm can I enter at 4:30 and stay past 5pm?
You can stay later but you are not guaranteed a spot to ride MFSR or do something like Oga's or Savi's if you signed up for that. I would definitely say get there for your time slot if you can.

You can stay later but you are not guaranteed a spot to ride MFSR or do something like Oga's or Savi's if you signed up for that. I would definitely say get there for your time slot if you can.

Thank you!!

I am still confused about the whole reservation thing~is there a blog that breaks it down?
I thought I was if not a pro at least WDW savvy, but SWGE has thrown me for a big loop. Any help appreciated.
TIA

I am still confused about the whole reservation thing~is there a blog that breaks it down?
I thought I was if not a pro at least WDW savvy, but SWGE has thrown me for a big loop. Any help appreciated.
TIA
This is the Trip Report/Recap thread.

Is there a specific reservation in mind? There are Sticky threads for each component of SWGE and your concern can be addressed there.

They started walking us back to the entrance to GE at 8:02. They asked everyone to hold their confirmation printouts in the air.

Once at GE, you get in line to scan your AP and show your printout. Once you do that, if you have Ogas or Saavis you veer right to get a return time. Then you get in the mob to enter GE.426522

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!