Shades of Green

We stayed there in 2000 while Micky was still in his 4 years inactive duty so we got the GREAT discount.

So, just our opinion remember, we did not like it. At all. Found it drab, dated and blah. Now it's been renovated since, so that may no longer be the case. We also didn't like the restaurant.

A disclaimer - we had won a trip from McDonalds (amazing!) and the first 3 nights we were at Beach Club, then we transferred to SOG. We were 26 and we thought Beach Club was so fancy! That may have played a part in my dislike for the place. ;)

We stayed here in August 2018 and really enjoyed it. I had a hard time finding a lot of information about it before we went, so I bet a lot of people would be interested in a review.

We loved the property, and the rooms were really nice. They were renovating some of them while we were there, so they are updated. We ate at the restaurant one night and the food and service were good. Also the prices at the restaurants and the shop are not Disney-level price gouging. The spa is reasonably priced, and my daughter chose to do a kid’s manicure and pedicure for about $30 instead of the $$$ Bibbidi Bibbidi Boutique. There is more than one pool, including one with a nice slide and a splash area. The bus transportation is good, and it is an easy walk to the Poly and the monorail. There is a small parking fee, but the parking is in a covered garage.

My parents loved staying at SOG as much if not more than at BC. We would stay here again.
Thanx for your thoughts, @Disney Khi !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter