~~ Sew hot, Hot, HOT! ~~ A sweltering Aug 2013 TR ~ Pre-Trippie link posted! ~ 10/31!

I am bummed about the drink, I even wrote it down while looking at the picture and then scrolled down to see that none of you liked it.....oh well, I don't know that I could bring myself to pay $14 for a drink anyways :)

YAY Suzi for the afternoon break. We would love to go to the poly but just cannot justify the extra $$. We might try to go and see the fireworks from the beach one night though and check it out!

Patiently awaiting the next installment..........popcorn::

IMG_0551.jpg

HELLO!!! I'm joining in...this is Taryn. We met twice! Just wanted to say, we were super close to you this day. The girl in the pink shirt with the braids is my niece!

My dd Megan and I had the lapu lapu last tome....it is kicked strong...think I'll try Something else this year. Wonder if they have a Mai tai or banana mama...we'll see. But I love O'Hara and someday would love to stay at the Poly. Think I'll put that on my bucket list.

Jonah's good! He's such a little flirt and charmer, so it's hard to get anything done. :)

Sending pixie dust V's way for a good first day of high school. :wizard:

That view is awesome. :goodvibes

Those nachos look delicious! Sorry to hear you didn't like the lapu lapu.

Eeks, cliffhanger. :eek: I hope you made it to CRT on time.

Loving every minute of your TR so far! I'm not sure if I could go in August though, I was getting hot just looking at your pictures!

I have to say the Pork Nachos were TDF!!!! I would make a special trip to the Poly just to have them.

D~

Thanks for the quick review and picture of the pork nachos. We will be at the WL in December and I am planning to get over to the Poly for some of these. I'm glad they taste good because they look wonderful. Is that pineapple or mango or something else on the top?

HELLO!!! I'm joining in...this is Taryn. We met twice! Just wanted to say, we were super close to you this day. The girl in the pink shirt with the braids is my niece!
that is so cool!

Maintenance must be the word they use when they mean, we are broken down and hope the guy fixing the tea cups can get over here quick. :goodvibes I hope the monorail starts moving soon....

I'm not one to remember names either! :confused3 My first name is Alexandra, but everyone calls me Alex :) And I'm Taryn's(Devonsmommy on here) cousin!

Ha!
I just love you guys.. I will say you got sick from the darned LAPU! i had one last time at ohana's before the Christmas party and WOAH i was ill!!! pretty much ruined a lot of the party for me including the next day!!!
HORRIBLE!
Suzi your room is AWESOME!!! you def had the better room then i did! so going to request this in 2014!!! :cool1:

you gals are the best... so fun to get the texts while you were all there. :lovestruc

But I'm here finally. I would have been here sooner but we were racing on the weekend and I was running around like crazy last night trying to make sure DS was ready for school this morning. I've actually been running around like crazy for the entire month of August as we raced every weekend (7 races in 5 weekends!) and work has been super busy. Now that racing is almost done (we only have one more race weekend left), I will have more time to spend on the DIS and keep up with you!

Looks like you have had a great start to your trip! Love the headband bling and bags. :thumbsup2 They are fabulous! :yay: How awesome was it that Suzi welcomed you!!! :banana::banana::banana: I can't wait to hear all about the rest of your trip too.

I hope V had a great first day today and that A has a great first day tomorrow. DS is in grade 8 this year and was super excited this morning. :hyper: He can't wait to visit the different high schools this year so he can pick which one he wants to go to. We'll see how he is by the end of the week.

Okay, I better get back to work now.

OMGoodness!!! I saw the link posted over the weekend, but I was on my phone and for some reason it just wasn't woring for me to get on here. I am FINALLY here now... four updates later on page 8!!! :scared1:

I am agreeing with Suzi and whoever else it was that said you are a celebrity now! :cool2: I can be one of the Disfriends who can say, "I knew her when...". :cool1:

Your luck with BTMRR is about the same as our rainy MK days! :headache:

You know, I always had the Lapu Lapu on my must try list...but I am pretty convinced it won't be the drink for me either. I like fruity and yummy, and I am a LIGHT WEIGHT for sure when it comes to alcohol. Glad you posted that information, definitely won't waste my hard earned dollars on it! Although, I am very much looking forward to trying a few "drinks of the day" on board the Fantasy next year! :beach:

Loving your TR so far, D~! popcorn:: *BTW~ I am back on MFP now!

First thing this morning I checked for your update! Boy am I late to the party...page 8 already!!!:thumbsup2
Looking forward to trip report updates and seeing your newest creations:banana:
Monica

:wave: Super excited to be reading all about your adventures! Sucks that you didn't like the Lapu Lapu, especially at that price :scared1:

The pic I sent to Mo... Suzi on the Monorail...

So D, you should explain this because I'm sure people can't even see me in the picture. Everyone.....I am BEHIND the pole. I know...I know...good hiding place huh?! Can't even see me! :thumbsup2

But I did take a few pictures - because her room was beautiful and her view was AWESOME! She was on the 3rd floor of Tokelau and it was a very nice location.

Those pics are great D. Thanks! It was a great room location.

Each of us took a sip... And I am pretty sure we all came to the conclusion that we didn't like them.... Next time - I will try a drink that is much less expensive and looks more appealing. I know there was one there that looked delicious and it was much less expensive.

I just looked on the AllEars menus and found the one we should've tried. This is what the description says "Paradise Punch - Coruba coconut rum, Veev, pineapple juice and grenadine $9.50" That was the white frozen one with red swirls.

Yeah, the Lapu Lapu will not be repeated. Yuck!

I have to say the Pork Nachos were TDF!!!! I would make a special trip to the Poly just to have them.

I told you! They are awesome. And people...just an FYI. They have these at the Tambu Lounge too. That's the one attached to O'Hana. So if Captain Cooks is busy, try up there.

I am not sure about Suzi and Sara, but I threw mine away... Which was very hard for me to do - being the Tightwad that I am... I will drink/eat every last bite of something I pay for like that, so I am not wasteful - but I just couldn't choke that down.

I finished mine, but waited until all the ice melted so it was a little diluted. Remember the lady that stopped me to ask what they were and where she could get one. I told her "No! Don't do it!" :rotfl2:

Thank you so much Suzi for being such a good friend and giving us a place to rest up for the afternoon! It was sooooo appreciated!

It was one of the highlights of my trip. You are more than welcome! :hug:

Huh??? Routine maintenance??? What are they doing??? An oil change?? Seriously???

:rotfl2: Too funny :rotfl2:

But seriously...I was so worried about you when you texted that you were stopped. You had just horrible luck with those monorails that week. I know I am going to regret saying this....but we have NEVER been stopped more than a few minutes on them and we have stayed at the Poly twice now. I just love the monorail.

Thanks for the quick review and picture of the pork nachos. We will be at the WL in December and I am planning to get over to the Poly for some of these. I'm glad they taste good because they look wonderful. Is that pineapple or mango or something else on the top?

Oh you definitely should. They are fantastic. It is a pineapple salsa on top. Yummo. Here is AllEars description "Pulled Pork Nachos - Polynesian chips topped with pork, cheese, pineapple salsa and spicy Mayonnaise". I would never have guessed that sauce was called a mayonnaise. It just tastes like a yummy tropical sauce to me. :confused3 They are $8.99 up in the Tambu Lounge and $7.59 at Capt Cooks.

Ha!
I just love you guys.. I will say you got sick from the darned LAPU! i had one last time at ohana's before the Christmas party and WOAH i was ill!!! pretty much ruined a lot of the party for me including the next day!!!
HORRIBLE!

Well, that information would have been wonderful to have BEFORE we wasted the money! Why did this never come up before??

Suzi your room is AWESOME!!! you def had the better room then i did! so going to request this in 2014!!!

I just love Tokelau. Right in the middle of everything. And there are lots of rooms with lagoon views. Just check out Tikiman's site. He has good descriptions of each view. Last year we were on the TTC side and that was very quiet too. But can't beat the view this year!

Sorry you didn't like your lapu lapu. I probably wouldn't like it either because I'm not big on drinks where you can taste the alcohol

If you want something fruity at Disney, Banana Cabana's are AMAZING. It's a mixture of fruit juices and fruit rums. AND it's definitely NOT $14!!

I'm glad to know not to waste the money on the drink - sorry you had to be the one that did :( I do love the Poly, I'm thinking those nachos would be worth a trip over there - I've given up on trying to get a reservation at 'Ohana for dinner. I did manage to score a fast past for BOG for lunch, I'm looking forward to it. We're testing the new arm bands next week. They seem pretty cool from what I'm reading.

I hope all went well in your sewing room today!

Your afternoon just chillin' at the Poly sounds divine. Suzi is such an awesome friend!!! The Poly is one of those places I thought I would always want to stay, but honestly I have never really looked much into it because of the price tag. After hearing you and Suzi talk about it and seeing some of the pictures now I KNOW I totally want to stay there one day!

Sorry to hear you didn't like the Lapu Lapu and that you wasted your hard earned $$ on it. I have never heard of it so now I am curious. Off to go do some research....

:bored:

OK...just found the recipe...it sounds okay....EXCEPT...I don't really care for dark rum...and while I like Bacardi 151, BOY is it STRONG. Oh yeah...and Sweet & Sour mix - gives me SEVERE heartburn/acid reflux. Looks like I won't be having one of these bad boys EVER! Thanks for the heads up, but sorry that you suffered in the process.

Wow, you're serious that it is a crazy packed day with two ADR's so close together, and then the dessert party to boot?!

Tokelau was our long house when we stayed there in January of 2012! I liked the location.

Awwww, I'm sorry that you didn't like the Lapu Lapu! I had it for the first time in July, and I liked it. But it is strong and expensive.

I have a good feeling! You're gonna make it!

I did enjoy my few days off... I kind of wish I had more. LOL Yup - V starts high school today... I am a bit nervous for her.

I did a LOT of Photopass editing. I finished all of MK... I have gone from 444 photos to well over 1200. I still have all of AK to do, all of DHS and all of Epcot! I always push it right to the edge of my 30 days... I was hoping to be done sooner this time, but it's just taking soooo long!

Today is Victoria's first day of high school.... I cannot believe my baby is that old already! I am a bit nervous for her - I hope she is ready and she can handle it - it's going to be a HUGE transition for her. Most of all - I hope some of her peers "grew up" over the summer...D~

I hope her first day went well. I love high school kids! I teach freshmen this year; they were nervous, but they are settling in well now. My son is in 8th grade this year, so I have one more year before my own gets there. This October will be my first Disney World trip. I did get the Photo Pass+. May I ask what the editing entails. I understand the concept of editing pics, just wondering what the process is that I should be aware of that is consuming your time - thanks for the heads up so I don't wait until the last minute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter