Seth's First Adventure to Disneyland! TR starts on page 5! Completed 5/3/12

The trip down I-5 isn't a pretty one either.

012-5.jpg

Oh you bring back memories....you know what happened to us? I have pictures of us being stuck INSIDE a car wash in some random little town, in the middle of no where. I should really bring up those pictures. It was horrible, hilarious, but horrible.

Oh you bring back memories....you know what happened to us? I have pictures of us being stuck INSIDE a car wash in some random little town, in the middle of no where. I should really bring up those pictures. It was horrible, hilarious, but horrible.

Those are the memories that stick out though aren't they?

Those are the memories that stick out though aren't they?
oh yes, yes they are. That entire 18 hours of driving that we had done before getting stuck, we had done straight without any stops AND during what is considered the middle of winter. During the canadian portion of the highway towards the boarder, we had passed probably a dozen flipped semi's and -35 temperatures. It took us nearly twice the time to make to where we were because we had to drive so slow.

By the time we made to that dinky town, the car was covered in dry mud and slush-we couldn't see the road :rolleyes1

...so we thought it would be genius to trust a hick town car wash, without a working door. I have photo proofs tho! and I will look for them tonight, because it's quite fun.

The trip down I-5 isn't a pretty one either.

012-5.jpg

Yeah the only thing Utah has on that is hills. Other than that, just as boring, lol!

We are going to try and take more pictures of the road trip part this time too. Last trip I think we got a total of 10 photos of the actual drive, lol.

oh yes, yes they are. That entire 18 hours of driving that we had done before getting stuck, we had done straight without any stops AND during what is considered the middle of winter. During the canadian portion of the highway towards the boarder, we had passed probably a dozen flipped semi's and -35 temperatures. It took us nearly twice the time to make to where we were because we had to drive so slow.

By the time we made to that dinky town, the car was covered in dry mud and slush-we couldn't see the road :rolleyes1

...so we thought it would be genius to trust a hick town car wash, without a working door. I have photo proofs tho! and I will look for them tonight, because it's quite fun.

Oh wow. Part of that is so scary.

Yeah the only thing Utah has on that is hills. Other than that, just as boring, lol!

We are going to try and take more pictures of the road trip part this time too. Last trip I think we got a total of 10 photos of the actual drive, lol.

You can see the hills off in the distance on I-5. Mostly it is flat and boring.

It was. Even as experienced winter drivers, we were white knuckling the drive. We traded every time one or the other got tired and just kept trucking. Stripped layers of clothes along the drive as the weather got warmer and warmer.
Different story this time! October weather, fewfff! not driving during the winter again if I can prevent it!

I drove in a blizzard once and oh my gosh never again. I live in the San Francisco bay area so we don't know how to drive in the snow. I was up in the sierra mountains going to see a friend. I have never been so uncomfortable driving that day.

Winter driving is scary no matter how experienced you are I think! Those roads in Montana would probably be pretty scary to drive on in the winter. Lots of windy roads with cliffs on either side. :scared1:

So while I was at Walmart today waiting for my car to get it's oil change, I came across a couple shirts that I just HAD to have, lol.

Mickeyshirt.jpg

Smurfshirt.jpg

I love having new shirts to wear on a trip. I know one isn't Disney, but I'm still gonna wear it, lol. Looks like I am gonna have to wash them and maybe give them an iron!

Well of course you got yourself the Smurf one!!:cutie:

That's my kind of price! Andrea, you know of the Disney Outlet store near DCA? we discovered it last time we were there.

I've heard about it, but haven't been there yet.Might have to check it out! I've heard there's one in Las Vegas too. Although if it's like the "outlet" store in Crossiron Mall, then they are the same as the Disney Store, lol. I went looking for Vinylmations there once and they didn't have them because it was an outlet store. But everything else in there was the same as any other Disney Store with the same prices. :confused3

I've heard about it, but haven't been there yet.Might have to check it out! I've heard there's one in Las Vegas too. Although if it's like the "outlet" store in Crossiron Mall, then they are the same as the Disney Store, lol. I went looking for Vinylmations there once and they didn't have them because it was an outlet store. But everything else in there was the same as any other Disney Store with the same prices. :confused3

Cross Iron is terrible! I used to work out of the Southcentre location. They are closed for another 6 weeks, but they are going to be incredible when they re-open. They are going to have magic hour, and a few REALLY cool things inside the store, that are magical-related to the Disney parks. You will have to come down and look at it when it's open again.

I love the Southcentre location. I've been going there for years. I am looking forward to seeing it in it's new spot!

Every couple of months we get a Disney outlet and frankly it just never impresses me. You know it is filled with things from years back and the prices are too high for what they are selling.

Our Disney Outlet sells the same things that are in our other store and online. I went there in the spring and they had those bright coloured plates and cups that they had just released everywhere else, for the same price. Which is fine with me, but if it's the same as the other store, why can't they sell Vinylmations?? It's so dumb, lol.

I think that our outlet that opens up every few months here is owned by another company that buys the surplus from Disney. It makes me sad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter