Seth's First Adventure to Disneyland! TR starts on page 5! Completed 5/3/12

Seth's first photo with Mickey is sooo cute! He really looked like he was having a good time. He has great taste if he liked the Little Mermaid ride ;) Good to hear he wasn't being fussy, with the exception of the fireworks which is totally understandable :goodvibes

Just read the whole thread so I'm a bit late, but congrats on your proposal! Love your adorable son Seth and really enjoyed all the photos you took (especially of the food!). Can't wait to hear about day 4!

Finally I got over to your TR!!

Congrats on your engagement!! He was pretty sneaky just switching the rings on you!

Seth looks to cute!! I love the picture with his hand up that you titled STOP mom. :thumbsup2

Looking forward to hearing more!

Well, I think it's about time that I actually finish this TR! While I don't really remember a lot of the little details, I still have a bunch of photos, and I should be able to remember some of it by those. So now I am working on uploading some photos for an update. :goodvibes

Day 4: California Adventure!​
So, this day we actually ended up spending the entire day in California Adventure. Our goal was to do some things that we hadn't yet been able to do. So first things first. Toy Story Mania! It was a 45 minute wait in line, but we sucked it up and did it anyways.

DSC04027.jpg

DSC04032.jpg

I sucked! Lol. But it was so much fun. Worth the wait.

Next, we took a ride on Screamin'

DSC04035.jpg

We took a walk over to Soarin' and got some fastpasses for it and World of Color, then decided we were hungry for lunch. We headed back closer to the Pier and got ourselves each a corn dog. I love Disney's corn dogs. So good! Sorry, didn't get a photo.

After lunch we decided to head over to the Hollywood Blvd area. As we were walking by the theatre, we noticed that a showing for Aladdin was just 10 minutes away. I really wanted to see it, so we hopped in there and got a seat near the top. We were pretty far back, but still had a good view.

DSC04054.jpg

DSC04056.jpg

DSC04063.jpg

DSC04068.jpg

DSC04090.jpg

DSC04092.jpg

DSC04162.jpg

It was an amazing show. I'd see it again in a heart beat. It had me in tears a couple of times. Especially the Prince Ali song with the big parade. Something about that song as it escalates near the end it always chokes me up.

A couple shots of ToT on the way out of the show

DSC04177.jpg

DSC04178-1.jpg

After that, we decided we wanted to do another round of TSMM. We stood in another 40 minute line. I remember this line being interesting as there was a lady in an EVC that was really rude and would threaten to hit the people in front of her if they didn't pay attention and move forward. I just don't get how riding one of those makes some people think they can act like that! There was also a young couple that were trying to get us to hang out with them for the duration of the day, and we were a little weirded out by that. We just told them we were heading home after the ride, in hopes they'd leave us alone. They did. They ended up getting on a different cart than us, so we lost them as soon as the ride started. Thank goodness!

DSC04222.jpg

I sucked again. But we both got worse scores than we did the last game. I remember the ride shut down in the middle of it, and it wasn't counting scores for a minute, so that is probably why. Shoulda got a do-over!

DSC04224.jpg

After Toy Story Mania, we decided to go check out the new Boardwalk food court on the Pier before using our FP's for Soarin'. I had a slice of cheese pizza (daring, I know), and Dillon had a plate of the Five Cheese ravioli. They were ok, but nothing we are dying to go back and trying again.

Next up: World of Color!​

Day 4: World of Color​

Last time we did World of Color, we did the Ariel's Grotto dinner package, but this time we just decided to do it the normal fastpass way, since we didn't really have the money to do that again.

After our ride on Soarin' it was time to go line up for a spot for WoC. We were apparently a little behind on this, and didn't get the greatest spot. We thought we had one, and then a little Asian lady squeezed her way in right where Dillon had the camera pointed. Frustrating! I also had a really tall guy in front of me, trying to take photos with his iPad. One: iPads take really crappy photos. Two: Taking photos with an iPad makes you look dumb.....anyways, here are some of the photos we got.

DSC04250.jpg

DSC04281.jpg

DSC04282.jpg

DSC04299.jpg

DSC04337.jpg

DSC04360.jpg

DSC04370.jpg

This was my favourite part of the show. I wish I had gotten more photos of it. They had added in a bit for the new Pirates movie, where they had the theme song blasting with the red fountains and flames going. It instantly sent goosebumps up my arms and had the tears welling up again. I absolutely loved it. And love that every time I hear that theme song now, it brings me back to it. :lovestruc

DSC04389.jpg

DSC04406.jpg

DSC04409.jpg

DSC04418.jpg

Once again, the World of Color show just blew my mind. I love it.

After the show, we decided it was time to call it a night. The long drives from the parks to the house were really starting to get to us by this point. And we had one more day of the drive left.

Next up: Our Final Park Day​

It never ceases to amaze me how rude people can be. I would have been freaked out by that couple too.

Those people were strange. We had a bit of a conversation and they had driven there too, from somewhere else, and then they all of a sudden started acting like we were best buds. It was a little weird.

Well I am working on posting more, but the DIS is going so slow right now!

Day 4 - Our Last Park Day​

We were a little bummed that this was our last day already, so we didn't get very many photos. We stayed in Disneyland the whole day and only went into DCA to get Seth's Duffy and Mickey Ears.

Before we left:

DSC01240.jpg

Walking from the parking lot, I spotted this:

DSC01241.jpg

Someone from my hometown had also driven all the way down! :goodvibes

We arrived at the park around 10:00. First place we went? Pirates!

DSC04499.jpg

DSC04502.jpg

Next we headed to Haunted Mansion

DSC04557.jpg

DSC04558.jpg

DSC04566.jpg

Next it we decided to take a walk through the castle

DSC04588.jpg

DSC04600.jpg

I am pretty sure we went to Toon Town for a bit after this, but there are no photos, so I can't remember. :confused3

Next on the camera is Space Mountain. Looks like we had fun? :rotfl:

DSC04609.jpg

And then Buzz Lightyear. No photo of the scores. It never came to my email for some reason.

DSC04612.jpg

DSC04613.jpg

Next is our blurry photo pass Main St picture

DSC04618.jpg

This is when we were on our way out for the last time. :sad1:

DSC04623.jpg

Then we stepped over to DCA for a bit to shop in Greetings From California for our last souvenirs.

Here is Seth's Mickey ears getting stitched

DSC04637.jpg

And then finally, we got on the trams to go home. Bye bye Disneyland. :sad2:

When we got home, we found someone doing some serious sleeping:

DSC01251.jpg

The first night in California was actually Seth's first time sleeping through the night. He slept from 9 all the way until 5 in the morning. That was a long time since prior to that it was every 3 hours. Of course it scared me a little at first! It was nice though, with how tired we were from the parks every day.

Here are our Disney souvenirs we picked up:

DSC01271.jpg

DSC01272.jpg

DSC01275.jpg

My t-shirt

DSC01276.jpg

Next up: A few photos from Santa Monica Pier and Beverly Hills!​

Boy was Seth out.:rotfl: You guys are a cute couple.:goodvibes

Day 6: The Beach and Beverly Hills​

We used this day to sleep in a bit, as we were wiped! All those park days had us so tired. We decided to head to the beach to relax and enjoy the sun on our last full day in California. So off we headed to Santa Monica Pier. We didn't take Seth with us, as he had already been to the beach that week, and we didn't want him to get too much sun.

We parked the car up on the street at about 11:00. We paid for 2 hours and we made it back with only a minute left on the meter.

DSC04661.jpg

DSC04666.jpg

DSC04669.jpg

After we got ourselves some burns, we decided to take the afternoon and drive around Beverly Hills a bit and look at some of the amazing homes there.

Most of these were taken from a moving car, so I apologize for the bad quality.

DSC04675.jpg

DSC04678.jpg

DSC04681.jpg

DSC04682.jpg

DSC04688.jpg

DSC04689.jpg

DSC04694.jpg

DSC04696.jpg

DSC04698.jpg

We didn't get too many close-ups of the houses, cause I wasn't sure if that is very polite to be doing that to peoples private property, so we didn't stop too much to gawk.

The houses were just amazing. I couldn't believe how big some of them were. I wanted to drive around all night looking at them all. But, we couldn't

On the way back to the house, we stopped my a McDonalds to grab a bite to eat, and went to relax for the rest of the evening. The next morning we were going to be getting up at 5:00am to start the trek back to Canada.

Next up: We're going home. :sad2:

Day 7: Home we go

There aren't many photos of this part of the trip. Other than Seth getting too hot in the back a few times and having a fit, it was pretty uneventful.

We stopped in Baker for some gas. This is one of the spots Seth was getting upset. It was so hot and humid there. My car was reading 40 degrees Celsius outside. :scared1: We just couldn't get the car cool enough in theback, so we took him in the store where it was cooler, changed his diaper, and prepared him a bottle. This seemed to help him out, and we were on our way again.

DSC04700.jpg

DSC04701.jpg

The sunset was beautiful as we were nearing the end of Utah

DSC04703.jpg

DSC04705.jpg

We stopped for the night in Pocatello, MT. We just stayed at another Motel 6. It was clean, and we all slept well. We stopped at McDonald's (yes again!) for breakfast on the way out of town.

DSC04717.jpg

"Are we done with the car rides yet? I've had enough!"

We made it home at about 11 that evening. We put Seth to bed, and unloaded the car. We had an amazing time, and we love California. Except for maybe the traffic.

I hoped you enjoyed my report. Sorry for the lack of photos near the end, as well as taking so long to finish. I hope to do better for our upcoming trip to Disney World! :goodvibes

Seth, has such an expressive face. He looks so tired of the car seat. I can say I blame him. You guys have such a long drive.

It is such a long drive, but totally worth it.

At least he was at the stage where he slept most of the time. Now, I am not so sure we could pull a drive like that off.

It is such a long drive, but totally worth it.

At least he was at the stage where he slept most of the time. Now, I am not so sure we could pull a drive like that off.

Well, I think that it definitely takes longer to go anywhere. I learned to stop quite a bit to let them play and run around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts