Sequoia Lodge (Golden Forest Club) Vs. Disneyland Paris Hotel

MckynzieV

Earning My Ears
Hello DLP,
I hope you are all doing very well. We are traveling to DLP for the 2nd time from the US (last time we stayed at the Newport Bay Compass Club). I am going through a bit of a conflict between which hotel to choose in Feb. 2020.

Pros for Sequoia Lodge
Club level lounge offers a place to relax
Breakfast is in the hotel
Extra Fast Pass to start the day
1/2 board plus

Cons
A bit a walk from the park and village
Not a premium 1/2 board (We like to eat at the better places to eat)

Pros for DLPH
Superior Room
Closer to the Parks
1/2 Board Premium

Cons
No Starting Fast Pass
No lounge to relax in after the parks

Can somebody please advise on this struggle.
Many Many Thanks

The argument about you liking to eat at the Premium restaurants and that they are not included with sequoia lodge is not a very valid argument, cause you can pay the difference from the meal plan you have or out of pocket.

To me the pro of the Disneyland Hotel to be close to the park is not that important. I would always chose club level with the perks over the 15-20 minutes extra walking a day (back and forth) .

We did both and we love both. If it's a once in a lifetime trip, take DLPH, it's magical to be allowed inside the gates before they're open. We did it this year for my birthday trip. But in two weeks we're staying in a golden forest room, we really love the extra's club level offers, but mainly because we have AP's so we don't mind loosing park time to take advantage of them

Ooooo - how early through the gates? EMH or more than that?!

Cheers and many Thanks!
I was thinking b/c it is mid-Feb staying closer would help if it is cold outside. Is there a thread from past years on park hours? Trying to gage what times the parks will be open our week. Also, when EM will take place.

We just returned from a club level stay at Sequoia and loved it. Yes, the walk is farther than from the Disneyland Hotel, but I didn't find it to be that far. I felt like I've stayed farther away from the bus stops at a moderate hotel at WDW :P

The extra FPs were really nice, especially when we decided to ride something on a whim and didn't feel like waiting for a FP window to open. We didn't have the dining plan so I can't speak to that, but having breakfast right there in the club lounge was really nice, especially because every morning we passed an absolutely massive line of people waiting for breakfast at the standard restaurants. It was great to eat our breakfast early then get to the park right when it opened and not have to waste any park time trying to get our first meal in.

As far as the room, our room was absolutely huge. I don't know if it's standard for golden forest rooms but it was bigger than our DVC studio at Copper Creek! Although it only had one usable outlet that we could find and it was on the complete opposite side of the room as the bed. That was really the only downside.

I don't know if those comments add anything to you decision making but I thought I would leave them here in case they are helpful! Either hotel will be amazing so I don't think you can really make a bad choice- you just have to narrow down your personal priorities.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!