September W.I.S.H. - Back to Basics

I’m in all the zones!

I have worked in my school since it opened in 2008, which helps me feel comfortable, and I have colleagues/friends that I have worked with for 20 years. That’s how I fall in the comfort zone.

I am in the Fear zone because covid is all over my school. I am also fearful of something bad happening because I have little to no support.

I am constantly learning and growing

Last week, I forgot to eat multiple times st school; I forgot to go to my mammogram appointment because I was working late; and I forgot to pick up my very important prescription yesterday. As of this morning, I was completely out of this crucial asthma medication.

So in order to make sure that I have my medicine tonight, I wrote multiple sticky notes, put the empty box in my purse, and set an alarm on my phone. After school, I successfully picked up my meds.

In my 21 year teaching career, I have never been so consumed by my job that I stopped taking care of myself. I really need to make some serious changes.

I made the fattest, most calorie laden dinner last night--then had leftovers for lunch today! Was bummed that the cantaloupe I bought was a bust. Oh well. The grapes are delicious! Soup is for dinner tomorrow. Not sure about Thursday, but Friday is the wedding rehearsal so dinner out!

Those were some tough Snow White questions! And I've seen the movie in the last year!!

DS1 is making me do the groom/mom dance. That's totally taking me out of my comfort zone! We are going to do a little practicing Friday so that'll help.

I am woohoo that I am feeling more myself. We have gotten into a grove and I stopped worrying about missing work for appointments. I am also woohoo about DD getting into honors science. I am so proud of her.

I am not woohoo that DD's concussion symptoms are back. Ugh!!! She bumped her head on the bottom of a desk on Monday and yesterday cam the headache, dizziness and being nauseous again. It is not as bad as it was but bad enough that I feel we will be starting from the beginning again with the protocol. We were hoping to be cleared tomorrow to go back to normal. I have canceled that appointment. When I made that appointment I never got rid of the original appointment for next Tuesday as a just in case appointment. So we will see the doctor next week and hopefully she will be back to normal by then.

I made the fattest, most calorie laden dinner last night--then had leftovers for lunch today! Was bummed that the cantaloupe I bought was a bust. Oh well. The grapes are delicious! Soup is for dinner tomorrow. Not sure about Thursday, but Friday is the wedding rehearsal so dinner out!

Those were some tough Snow White questions! And I've seen the movie in the last year!!

DS1 is making me do the groom/mom dance. That's totally taking me out of my comfort zone! We are going to do a little practicing Friday so that'll help.
How exciting! Enjoy your wonderful weekend!

Woohoo-I am still at the beach and the weather has been beautiful. I have been walking around 6:30 every evening. The last three nights the sunsets have been amazing.

Woohoo-my sister and brother-in-law are coming down to their house tomorrow, so a fun weekend ahead.

Woohoo-went to my favorite consignment store down here and all the summer things were 1/2 off. Found a couple things I can still wear now and some cute jewelry.

Digging deep for a woohoo this morning... I've lost another pound. And we're in for a period of rain.

Now on to the not so woohoo-y...

I've come come the conclusion that Ester is partially deaf and she sometimes can't hear my voice. I'm quite sad about this as it is a lost connection with her. I need to read up on how to work with deaf cats to get some tips.

The Cardiologist wants me to start on a couple meds. I knew this was a possibility but it was unnerving to have her throwing drugs out there, after having been under naturopathic care for so long. It's not that anything significantly wrong is going on, it is more to stop things from getting serious in the future.

Work has been absolutely wild, which in and of itself isn't necessarily a bad thing but there is one person in particular who is stirring things up. He's new to the company and has totally unrealistic ideas of how things work and doesn't take the time to figure out before he starts throwing things around. Fortunately people around him at his level are pushing back, but it just creates swirl and unproductive distraction.

My Woohoo is for DS, and is tied in to the inspiration for yesterday's question (but I didn't want to talk about it then and jinx it). - He and three friends have just today rented their first place!

He is definitely out of his comfort zone, but excited to grow and stretch himself.

The same goes for me - I flip back and forth between excited for him to have adventures, worried about missing him, and ready to grow myself during this new phase.

My Woohoo is for DS, and is tied in to the inspiration for yesterday's question (but I didn't want to talk about it then and jinx it). - He and three friends have just today rented their first place!

He is definitely out of his comfort zone, but excited to grow and stretch himself.

The same goes for me - I flip back and forth between excited for him to have adventures, worried about missing him, and ready to grow myself during this new phase.
I think when our kids make these transitions to a more independent life it is just as big a transition for us! So many emotions.

I had another woohoo yesterday. Well DD did. They had a game last night and she was feeling the greatest. She has gotten some of the concussion symptoms back since hitting her head on Monday on a desk. She did go but sat with me instead of the team because she was afraid she would get hit by the ball or need to leave because she wasn't feeling good. After the game she went over to the team. It didn't go well. They were pissed at her because she would not be the ball girl for the varsity game. She is not cleared for this and the athletic would stop it anyways. A few team mates laid into her about not pulling her weight with the team. She was gone for about a minute or two and came back crying. She was seriously thinking of quitting last night and I have a feeling that no matter what happens this year she will not lay next year. Thankfully she talked to a guy friend who talked her out of quitting. After getting home she saw a group me (what the team uses for messaging) message from a teammate that was sent yesterday morning that basically said that they know that she is not cleared yet but that she needed to be the ball girl last night and that it was not up for debate. I have never seen DD so angry before. She then decided that she was going to talk to her coach and that this was not right. So we went back up to the field and waited until she was able to talk to the coach. So here is the WooHoo (because the earlier part was not at all) she went and talked to the coach about this by herself. This is the girl that will not even tell the person at Subway what she wants or talk to a teacher if she needs help with something. She stood up for herself and did it without me.

I am not sure what will happen today. The coach was not happy and was already going to talk to the girls about this ball girl stuff (it seems to be a big deal and something that the team has been fighting over for awhile now) before DD even talked to her. She really was not happy about it after DD talked to her. I am hoping that things don't get worse for DD because she said something. It is not something I would have done. I would have just walked away and ignored it.

I am thankful that I still get to have work from home days and that my work is not flexible with it. Before the pandemic I was lucky if I got to work a half day at home and that was on a rare occasion. After spending over a year fully at home they have decided for the time being that we will only go in the office 3 days a week. It doesn't look like this will be changing anytime soon. With that we were able to pick our days as a team so my team goes in Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Then with all these appointments with DD and my annual doctor appointments I have been able to work from home those days so I don't have to take PTO for them. I am loving the flexibility this gives us. We are even working from home today because I was originally planned to work from home for DD's appointment today, but it got cancelled. I then told my team that we can coming in the office today. I have one team member on PTO today and the other is off tomorrow but leaving this afternoon at 3. They made this plan when he thought we were going to be home. So he was going to be take a half day since we were going to now be in the office. After he told me this I told him to work from home and not use the PTO. So since I was going to be the only one in on my team I get to work from home too. Yay!!

Over the summer two of my friends (who are very active and at a healthy weight) have had to deal with knee and shoulder issues. I am so thankful I am able to be active pain free-I should never take it for granted.

We had an elderly relative test positive for covid earlier in the month and thankfully she has recovered quickly and her symptoms were mild. (She was fully vaccinated). If this had been a year ago I hate to think what the outcome would have been.

Hope everything works out, piglet1979. Teenage girls can be ruthless sometimes.

My body seems intent on letting things go this week and I am down another pound, which I am very grateful for. According to what I logged in my FitBit that is -4 of my -5 goal for the month. I am really starting to feel it in my body, which I am also grateful for.

I am also thankful that half of the day today is being taken up by a team get-together, starting with lunch at a local BBQ place. After the past couple days I really do need some "quiet" time and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone: for most of them it has been a year and a half and one I've not ever met in person.

A gal I met at a crafting retreat several years ago has started doing craft oriented tours of Scotland, and her first group is there now. Mid-day yesterday, during the 15 minutes I had open for "lunch", a notice popped up on IG that she was going live, so I clicked in and they were having an after dinner gathering with several local men playing instruments and singing. It was such a lovely surprise mid-day break and so refreshing to feel connected to them from so far away. So for this too I am also thankful.

I'm thankful that today I got my nails done in a nice neutral color. I have never paid anyone to do my nails before!

I'm thankful for the text I got from DS1 yesterday. He said the wedding is feeling real to him because they picked up the marriage license and after all those years of looking at DH and I's license in our bedroom he's excited to have his own. :love:

I'm thankful DS2 is on a plane home right now and the rehearsal is tomorrow!!!

I'm thankful I don't have to cook dinner tomorrow or the next night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!