September Exercise Challenge ~ Journey through the Magic Kingdom

Hi everyone!
Just got home Saturday from my mother/daughter trip to WDW and in the 10 days we were there, we ended up walking 68 miles! Quite a few of those miles were logged at Magic Kingdom.
14355732_10154582927193331_7800585489049579440_n.jpg

Now to see if I can keep up the habit and log some minutes this week to reach goal! Per my Fitbit, 20 minutes of active walking on Saturday (pretty sure that was at the airport).
350 / 600 = 58%

I'm having trouble accessing the site on this browser and apparently I can't remember my password to log in on another browser so I can't update as often as I'd like :(

Anywho for as long as it's behaving, here are my numbers since the 10th:

Sept 11 55 mins
Sept 12 rest
Sept 13 65 mins
Sept 14 55 mins
Sept 15 rest
Sept 16 30 mins
Sept 17 35 mins
Sept 18 rest
Sept 19 65 mins
Sept 20 50 mins
Sept 21 45 mins
Sept 22 rest
Sept 23 65 mins
Sept 24 rest
Sept 25 55 mins
Sept 26 60 mins

870/1100

We've jumped from 51% to 57% today!!!

@sophy1996 is the newest member of Adventureland Green with exactly 100% of Goal!!!

2402.jpg

@2manypets and @Tasha228 are now 90% of the way to their goal and Liberty Square Red!

Standing in Liberty Square is the Liberty Tree, with 13 lanterns, one for each of the original 13 colonies! This attraction is based on the tree where the Sons of Liberty met in Boston in Pre-Revolutionary Days, the original elm is no longer around, but once stood not far from Boston Common. The tree is also depicted in the 1975 Disney movie Johnny Tremaine (in which Walt Disney's youngest
daughter had a small uncredited part).

tre243987SMALL.jpg

@galaxygirl76 Thanks for the update! Good luck with your browser! You have flown from orange, past purple, to Fantasyland Pink!

2663.jpg

Last edited:
We are in the last week of September, Time to start thinking about next month!!! Looking for someone to Volunteer to Host for October! :rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

in the 10 days we were there, we ended up walking 68 miles!

@Stephanator, that's amazing!! And I love the pic of the two of you together in WDW!

I have 25 walking minutes to report for today, after the rain stopped (but I can't complain, because we needed it!) - for a new total of 390/450.

20 minutes a day from here on, and I'll exactly make my September goal!

Last edited:
This attraction is based on the tree where the Sons of Liberty met in Boston in Pre-Revolutionary Days, the original elm is no longer around, but once stood not far from Boston Common. The tree is also depicted in the 1975 Disney movie Johnny Tremaine (in which Walt Disney's youngest daughter had a small uncredited part).

Cool that Walt's daughter got to be in the movie. And I've now looked up the location of the Liberty Tree (there's a plaque now) so I can look for it next time I'm in Boston!

Recovery went much better than expected, so I was able to log 216 minutes of walking last week.

1145/1200

Glad recovery is going well.

Hi everyone!
Just got home Saturday from my mother/daughter trip to WDW and in the 10 days we were there, we ended up walking 68 miles! Quite a few of those miles were logged at Magic Kingdom.
350 / 600 = 58%

Very cute pic! I love that your shirts are matching! (I have the same one!) I love the Magic Kingdom decorated for Halloween!

Cool that Walt's daughter got to be in the movie. And I've now looked up the location of the Liberty Tree (there's a plaque now) so I can look for it next time I'm in Boston!

I was thinking the same thing about looking for the plaque. Going to Boston in May for a graduation, and hoping to have a long weekend to explore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!