September crowds

rstamm

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
So the crowd calendar for WDW for September are 1-2’s but DL is 6-8’s.

If the kids are back in school why is it so high?
I live near WDW and last September it was dead.
I was looking at booking next September for DL.

Is this accurate?
It’s the whole month 6-8.

Thanks for any reply’s!!

So the crowd calendar for WDW for September are 1-2’s but DL is 6-8’s.

If the kids are back in school why is it so high?
I live near WDW and last September it was dead.
I was looking at booking next September for DL.

Is this accurate?
It’s the whole month 6-8.

Thanks for any reply’s!!
Halloween at Disneyland is huge. It draws massive crowds.

Also, September is hurricane season in Florida, many people avoid it.

Disneyland does not have hurricanes

Disneyland does not have

Disneyland does not have hurricanes
So in September Monday through Friday during the day is packed or just the party’s at DCA?
I’m looking at Monday through Friday trip.

Disneyland draws locals all year long with no regard to school schedules. As a family who lives 15 miles away, we go a lot in the afternoon/evening after school is out. Kids are done at 2pm. Plenty of time for Disneyland every day of the school year.

DCA was not as crowded for Oogie Boogie. Sure it sells out, but it feels like the crowd is better managed.

So in September Monday through Friday during the day is packed or just the party’s at DCA?
I’m looking at Monday through Friday trip.

Keep in mind that in September DL park may not be running Fantasmic or fireworks during the week, just on weekends. WoC at DCA should be running every night that there is not an OBB.

Keep in mind that in September DL park may not be running Fantasmic or fireworks during the week, just on weekends. WoC at DCA should be running every night that there is not an OBB.
Yes I’m fine with that.

I want to go at a less crowded time and thought since the kids go back to school September would be.

I’m surprised September would be no different from summer crowds.

I’d have to guess the mornings won’t be too bad.

I’ll watch the app each day in September and see how the crowds are each day.

Pre-Pandemic: Mornings in September was really good. Way better than summer.
Crowd will pick up in the afternoon/evening as passholders come in.
But you'll have a more prolonged rope drop experience in the morning compared to July/Aug.

Things however have changed... so maybe things could be different.
My guess is that before Sept 15th, the weekday mornings will be better than weekend mornings... so opposite of what is happening in the summer. You would still get more out of rope drop, even better than July/August.
Weekday SoCal Offer ticket holders are more likely to have used their tickets in the summer when school is out. Then Weekend SoCal Offer ticket holders could use their tickets more so in Sept thinking that summer would be crowded. Then after Sept 15th, there is no offer to contend with for now. Again, just my guess.

Oogie Boogie will impact crowds more and which park gets heavier.

I’ve gone in September many times pre-pandemic and found weekdays to be great but times have changed for sure! Crowd calendars aren’t as predictable as they used to be.

We went last year in September and found it manageable during the week. You may want to keep an eye on wait times in the app this September to give you better idea

With park reservations, crowding issues could be because of staffing. What I mean is that if DLR anticipates lower crowds with lower reservations booked, they can have a lighter staff at the parks. So, even though there are less folks in the park, it will feel like there is more people in line when there are less CMs to staff attractions, dining, entertainment, maintenance, guest relations, photopass, etc.

Just FYI, we were in wdw last September and it was crowded...

Disneyland doesn't have slow times anymore as that's when they add special events to bring in the crowds.

We are sort of local and a September weekend or a weekday plus a weekend was always the time we’d do a trip. It was always the start of Halloween that was sort of forgotten. Back when Sept was considered too early for Halloween. October was the busy month

But post pandemic just brought on unpredictable crowd levels. I never found DL crowd calendars reliable before the pandemic. (Locals are go with the flow/weather) Even less reliable now.

And Halloween is now a week early on Labor Day weekend. And OBB is also much earlier

The only thing I’d plan around is OBB days.

Sorry to piggyback off of OP's thread but my sister and I are in the early stages of planning a trip to Disneyland September 2023 for Oogie Boogie since we heard October is miserably crowded and we want to avoid when kids have fall break on the west coast. Does it matter if we do the second or third week of September or is the entire month the same crowd wise?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter