September 4th, 2022 -7-Night Norwegian Fjords Cruise from Dover (Alesund, Nordfjordeid, Eidfjord, Stavanger)

I received my response back from shoreside concierge services in about a week. They stated these are the only port adventures available for Aluseund: AL01, 02, 03, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 15. Path of Trolls (in any variant) is not available as of now - which of course is what we wanted to do. Oh well.

They were able to schedule our requested adventures in the other 3 ports - NFD01, EDF01, SV15. They did not have the show schedule yet, but provided the shows that will be running - Tangled, Twice Charmed, and Disney Dreams.

We did get our Palo dinner and chocolate & liquor tasting schedule as well.

They said our cruise activities would show up on our account starting 7 May.

I hope this helps.
Thanks so much for sharing.

Joy

That's interesting, I wonder why that one isn't available?
Thank you for the info!

Probably something to do with Stordal Church or Valldal or another part which all variations go to. They might have gone out of business or not be ready to re open or may have restrictions to the amount of people allowed.

I received my response back from shoreside concierge services in about a week. They stated these are the only port adventures available for Aluseund: AL01, 02, 03, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 15. Path of Trolls (in any variant) is not available as of now - which of course is what we wanted to do. Oh well.

They were able to schedule our requested adventures in the other 3 ports - NFD01, EDF01, SV15. They did not have the show schedule yet, but provided the shows that will be running - Tangled, Twice Charmed, and Disney Dreams.

We did get our Palo dinner and chocolate & liquor tasting schedule as well.

They said our cruise activities would show up on our account starting 7 May.

I hope this helps.

Thank you. I'm bummed AL14 (Sunnmore Village with Anna/Elsa) won't be available, my 3 year old would've loved it

Booking For Port Excursions and On-Board Paid Activities Platinum Level Has Now Opened. :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Port Adventures and Onboard Activities From Platinum Booking Day

Shutters Photo Packages

• Unlimited Photo Package – Length of Cruise -Pre Cruise Price $295.95 Onboard Price $349.95
  • Photo Package of 10 Photos – Length of Cruise - $149.95
  • Photo Package of 20 Photos – Length of Cruise - $249.95
  • Photobook Keepsake – Length of Cruise - Pre Cruise Price $139.95 Onboard Price $149.95
Sunday 4 September - Dover, England All Aboard 4.00pm
Onboard Activities
  • Palo Dinner
  • Whiskey Tasting - $45 Sold Out Silver Booking Day
  • Complimentary 30 minute private photo session
  • Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique Makeover – starting at $99.95
  • mani and pedis Sold Out Silver Booking Day
Monday 5 September - Day At Sea
Onboard Activities
  • Palo Brunch - Sold Out Gold Booking Day
  • Palo Dinner
  • Stem to Stern Wine Tasting - $45 Sold Out Silver Booking Day
  • Mojito and Caipirinha Tasting - $40 Sold Out Silver Booking Day
  • Mixology - $40 Sold Out Silver Booking Day
  • Cognac - $50 Sold Out Silver Booking Day
  • Beer Tasting - $40 Sold Out Silver Booking Day
  • Chocolate and Liquor Tasting - $50 - Sold out on Gold Booking Day
  • Royal Court Tea - $220 ages 3 to 12, $69 age 13 and up
  • couples choice massage - Sold Out
  • couples massage - Sold Out
  • half the massages - Sold Out
Tuesday 6 September - Alesund, Norway Ashore 10.30am Aboard 6.15pm
Port Adventures
  • Alesund Highlights – (AL01)
  • Islands of Giske and Godoy – (AL02)
  • Islands of Giske and Godoy with Lighthouse Tea Break – (AL03)
  • Walking Tour of Alesund – (AL06)
  • Discover the Yoogon Trolls of Alesund – (AL07)
  • Atlantic Sea Park and City Tour – (AL08)
  • Kayaking in Alesund – (AL09) Sold Out Silver Booking Day
  • Rib Boat in Alesund (AL10)
  • Alesund Highlights- Adult Only Departure – (AL15) Sold Out Silver Booking Day
Onboard Activities
  • Palo Brunch
  • Palo Dinner
  • Martini Tasting - $40 Sold Out Silver Booking Day

Wednesday 7 September - Nordjfordeid, Norway Ashore 8.00am Aboard 4.00pm
Port Adventures
  • Briksdal Glacier – (NFD01)
  • Lake Loen and Kjenndalen Glacier – (NFD02) Sold Out Silver Booking Day
  • Scenic Lake Stryn – (NFD03)
  • Rib Tour – (NFD04)
  • Fjord Fishing – (NFD05)
  • Helicopter Sightseeing – (NFD06)
  • Visit to the Norwegian Fjord Horse Centre – (NFD07)
  • Loen Skylift – (NFD08)
  • Red Deer Farm – (NFD09)
  • Kayak on the Hornindal Lake – (NFD11)
Onboard Activities
  • Whiskey Tasting - $45 Sold Out Silver Booking Day

Thursday 8 September - Eidfjord, Norway Ashore 10.45am Aboard 8.00pm
Port Adventures
  • Waterfalls and Waffles – (EDF01) Sold Out on Platinum Booking Day
  • Waterfalls and Hardanger Nature Park Center – (EDF02)
  • Kayaking Adventure – (EDF03) Sold Out Silver Booking Day
  • Eidfjord by Rib Boat – (EDF04) Sold Out Silver Booking Day
  • Viking Village of Gudvangen – (EDF06)
  • Eidfjord by Seaplane – (EDF07)
Onboard Activities
  • Palo Brunch
  • Palo Dinner
  • Rum Tasting - $45 Sold Out Silver Booking Day
Friday 9 September - Stavanger, Norway, Ashore 7.00am Aboard 5.15pm
Port Adventures
  • Lysefjord Cruise – SV01)
  • Stavanger Old and New - (SV03)
  • Stavanger and Surroundings – (SV04)
  • Hike to Pulpit Rock – (SV05)
  • Stavanger Helicopter Sightseeing – (SV06)
  • Walk Through Historic Stavanger – (SV07)
  • Stavanger and Surroundings – Adult Only Departure (SV14)
  • Walk Through Historic Stavanger – Adult Only Departure (SV15)
  • Rib Boat Safari On Lysefjord (SV41)
Onboard Activities
  • Champagne Tasting - $50 Sold Out Silver Booking Day
  • Cognac Tasting - $50 Sold Out Silver Booking Day
Saturday 10 September - Day At Sea
Onboard Activities
  • Palo Brunch - Sold Out Silver Booking Day
  • Palo Dinner
  • Beer Tasting - $40
  • Chocolate and Liquor Tasting - $50 Sold Out Silver Booking Day
  • Royal Court Tea - $220 ages 3 to 12, $69 age 13 and up
  • couples choice and couples massage - Sold Out

Last edited:
The website for the Covid documents is now live
Project Screen

Helping Disney Cruise Line guests complete pre-sailing Covid-19 protocols
Manage your family members’ health records through the secure, easy-to-use Sail Screen app.
Requirements for your voyage with Disney Cruise Line

To enjoy the unique magic of Disney at sea, all guests must use Sail Screen to adhere to the below measures:

Guests 5 years of age and older must provide documentation of full vaccination. Additionally, guests may provide proof of having recovered from Covid-19 within 11-90 days of their sail date. Those considered "recently recovered" are not required to participate in pre-sail, embarkation or debarkation testing.

Guests 4 years of age and younger are not required to be vaccinated but must provide proof of either a negative Covid-19 test taken between 3 days and 24 hours before their sail date or having recovered from Covid-19 within 11-90 days of their sail date. Those considered "recently recovered" are not required to participate in pre-sail, embarkation or debarkation testing.

How to use Sail Screen
  1. Create an account on Sail Screen.
  2. Link your Disney Cruise Line reservation
  3. Upload documents
Within 15 days of sailing

Create your free account on Sail Screen and upload the required health records for guests 5 years of age and older. Sail Screen aims to review all health records within 24 hours.

Check your email for updates.

Within 3 days of sailing

Guests 4 years of age and younger who are not considered “recently recovered” must complete a PCR test and upload negative results to Sail Screen for review.

Guests can also use this Sail Screen website to purchase and schedule this pre-trip test to be performed at a testing location near the cruise terminal, one to 3 days before their sail date.

Scheduling information will be available soon.

Day of sailing

All guests within your reservation should be listed as either “Clear to Arrive” or “Clear to Sail” on the Sail Screen dashboard.

Be prepared to present your Sail Screen dashboard prior to embarkation testing at the port.
Note: Guests with documentation as 90-day-recovered are not required to be tested during embarkation.

Update on availability of port excursions and alcohol tastings

Monday 5 September - Day At Sea
  • Palo Brunch - possibly sold out on Gold Booking Day
  • Chocolate and Liquor Tasting - Sold out on Gold Booking Day
Thursday 8 September - Eidfjord, Norway
  • Waterfalls and Waffles – (EDF01) Sold Out on Platinum Booking Day

Anyone interested in a Fish Extender Exchange ? As this is the original home of the Fish Extender Exchange it would be cool to have one for this cruise :) I don't mind organizing it

Hi all ! We will also be sailing on this cruise ! Can't wait... we have done a fair few cruises but only our second one with DCL (last year did a UK staycation on the magic).

Will be travelling with my husband and our 3 year old.

@BadPinkTink would love to participate although we will be first timers 😊 xx

@BadPinkTink would love to participate although we will be first timers 😊 xx

Hi and welcome :)

It does not matter that you are first time cruisers

I see you are new to Disboards, when you post a bit more, over 10 times you will be able to send and receive private messages. When the private message function is unlocked for you send me a private message

Fish Extender Information - What Is A Fish Extender
You might have seen people mention Fish Extenders or heard the term before but not sure what it meant or you are wondering what is this?

Fish Extenders are a group of people on a Disney Cruise, who are kinda like a Secret Santa group. The idea was started back in 2005 by @EpcotKilterFan here on Disboards

The original Fish Extender was created on the May 2005 Westbound Panama Canal cruise. She thought it would be a fun thing to do with people she had been getting to know on Disboards who were on her cruise. She found the actual pouches in her local store and gave them to the people in her cruise meets group on Disboards.

The name Fish Extender comes from the metal Fish or Star Fish located outside each stateroom. These are used by Disney Cruise Line Crew to leave paper communications for the passengers in the stateroom such as your Key To The World card on embarkation day

She thought it would a fun idea to hang the pouches she found off the the metal fish, extending, it so that everyone in her cruise meets group had somewhere to put the gifts they were giving.

After the cruise they posted on Disboards and people loved the idea and decided to do the same for their cruise.

Its like a secret Santa exchange. The exchange organiser will divide people who sign up into groups. You give a small gift to the each of the people / cabins in your group.

There is no "official" Fish Extender Group or organiser. Anyone can organise a Fish Extender exchange with their cruisemates. You can be a member of one Fish Extender exchange group, multiple Fish Extender exchange groups or none, its not something you have to do.

Disney Cruise Line does not organise or have anything to do with the Fish Extender Exchanges.

FISH EXTENDER EXCHANGE SIGNUP​

If anyone would like to join a Fish Extender Exchange for our cruise, I am volunteering to organize it :)

This is just a signup, groups will be allocated in July, when we get to 60 days before the cruise and the Paid In Full date. This is to ensure that only those who are actually ON the cruise are allocated in a group.

You can sign up sending me a Private Message.

RULES
  1. Have fun and enjoy the spirit of gifting.
  2. Each cabin must gift to every other cabin in that group.
  3. Exception: If a family is in two cabins due to occupancy restrictions (ie. mum and 2 kids in one and dad and 2 kids in another). They count as 1 cabin (ie. 1 cabin gift or however many individual gifts) and should gift as if one cabin (ie. one spot in FE group).
  4. You may do a cabin gift or individual gifts, or some combination therein.
  5. Groups will be a maximum of 5 cabins
  6. Try to keep to a maximum of $10 / £10 /€10 per cabin. A Fish Extender exchange is a fun group activity. There is no competition as to who gives the best gifts. You do not have to spend a lot of money per person / per cabin. $10 / £10 / €10 per cabin works out at $50 / £50 / €50 total spend. This is just a guide, if you spend less it is ok, if you spend more it is ok. Just remember , its only meant to be a fun gift
    🙂
  7. There is no set day to give out the gifts, give out the gifts when it is convenient to you.
  8. While it is nice to know who gave the gifts, there is no obligation to write a note or put your name / cabin number on gifts that you give. If you want to be totally anonymous you can.
  9. Please be mindful of the weight and size of the gifts you give. The majority of your cruisemates are flying to England and will have weight limits on their checked luggage.
Information Required
  • Stateroom Number or Numbers
  • Family Last Name
  • Room Occupants (include age at time of sailing for kids) Gender Specification is optional
  • Celebration
  • Allergies
  • Favourite Character

Hi and welcome :)

It does not matter that you are first time cruisers

I see you are new to Disboards, when you post a bit more, over 10 times you will be able to send and receive private messages. When the private message function is unlocked for you send me a private message
Thanks a lot !

Yes I'm new only discovered this forum recently would have loved all this info at my fingertips on my earlier Disney trips.

Hi everyone! I'm starting to get *really* excited about hopefully finally getting to go on this cruise since initial cancelation in 2020!

We are a family of 5 (2 adults and 3 littles, 2yo-7yo) from Chicago! Our kids have traveled a decent amount considering their ages and the times 😄

I just splurged for the concierge OV room (Oh how I wish I could go for the 2BR 1🤣💰💰), a little nervous to be spending so much, but I hope I'll make use of the benefits!

Silver Castaway Club members can now book onboard activities and excursions.
Things are booking up fast so here is a list of everything currently sold out

Port Excursions
Alesund
  • Kayaking in Alesund – (AL09)
  • Alesund Highlights- Adult Only Departure
Nordjfordeid
  • Lake Loen and Kjenndalen Glacier – (NFD02)
Eidfjord
  • Waterfalls and Waffles – (EDF01)
  • Kayaking Adventure – (EDF03)
  • Eidfjord by Rib Boat – (EDF04)
Onboard Activities
  • All alcohol tastings and mixology except Beer Tasting on Day At Sea Sunday 10 September
  • mani and pedis Sunday 4 September Embarkation Day
  • Palo Brunch Monday 5 September Day Day At Sea
  • couples choice massage Monday 5 September Day Day At Sea
  • couples massage Monday 5 September Day Day At Sea
  • half the massages Monday 5 September Day Day At Sea
  • Palo Brunch Friday 10 September Day At Sea
  • couples choice and couples massage Friday 10 September Day At Sea

Silver Castaway Club members can now book onboard activities and excursions.
Things are booking up fast so here is a list of everything currently sold out

Port Excursions
Alesund
  • Kayaking in Alesund – (AL09)
  • Alesund Highlights- Adult Only Departure
Nordjfordeid
  • Lake Loen and Kjenndalen Glacier – (NFD02)
Eidfjord
  • Waterfalls and Waffles – (EDF01)
  • Kayaking Adventure – (EDF03)
  • Eidfjord by Rib Boat – (EDF04)
Onboard Activities
  • All alcohol tastings and mixology except Beer Tasting on Day At Sea Sunday 10 September
  • mani and pedis Sunday 4 September Embarkation Day
  • Palo Brunch Monday 5 September Day Day At Sea
  • couples choice massage Monday 5 September Day Day At Sea
  • couples massage Monday 5 September Day Day At Sea
  • half the massages Monday 5 September Day Day At Sea
  • Palo Brunch Friday 10 September Day At Sea
  • couples choice and couples massage Friday 10 September Day At Sea
Does Disney ever restock or increase availability for sold out excursions? We really wanted the kayaking in Eidfjord and were bummed it's sold out...was surprised it happened so soon as well! I was online June 6. Does anyone know of private companies with activities in eidfjord?

Does Disney ever restock or increase availability for sold out excursions? We really wanted the kayaking in Eidfjord and were bummed it's sold out...was surprised it happened so soon as well! I was online June 6. Does anyone know of private companies with activities in eidfjord?

Its probally due to local issues. DCL hires local vendors for the excursions, so they availability could be due to what they can provide. The only hope is that a party who has booked cancels for some reason.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter