September 29,2013 - DVC Member Cruise

Does anyone know yet as to how many cabins are signed up the FE yet?
I want to get started on supplies that I need to order but not sure how much stuff to order.
I priced Southwest airline for tickets from Reno, Nv. to MCO airport no discounted prices listed yet. Does anyone knoW know when the are going to post Oct. prices?

Can't wait for Sept. to get here. I think we will be making some new friends on this cruise. :cool1::rotfl::grouphug:

Hi dizzydee70 - We csn't wait also!!! I'm not sure if Southwest has announced when they will post the remaining Fall travel. I will let you know if I find anything.

Below is the latest FE info we have posted from Hollywood Glitter on the Dis. Hopefully she will confirm any updates or changes.

:wave2: Just a heads up I won't be back in town until the 23rd but here is a current count for the FE List ... 6 rooms (12 Adults, 3 Children). If you want to sign up please let me know. :cheer2:

Does anyone know yet as to how many cabins are signed up the FE yet?
I want to get started on supplies that I need to order but not sure how much stuff to order.
I priced Southwest airline for tickets from Reno, Nv. to MCO airport no discounted prices listed yet. Does anyone knoW know when the are going to post Oct. prices?

Can't wait for Sept. to get here. I think we will be making some new friends on this cruise. :cool1::rotfl::grouphug:

It's still at 6 rooms right now. I just sent a pm to JohnnyQuest to update the 1st post

The list has been mailed out to all the participants so far and I have sent s PM to Johnny Quest to update the 1st posting with the current info. You can also view the list on our facebook page.

***WARNING*** Hollywood Glitter is no longer a member of this cruise meet and has been banned from the Disboards. The FE list has been posted in a google document accessible from the front page of this thread.

Thanks,
Jim

Palo Dinner

As previously mentioned, Adults are given the option to dine at two specialty restaurants onboard for an additional fee. Remy and Palo. Both offer a brunch on the At Sea days and host dinner every night.

Here is our Palo dinner experience: Price $20/person - guests must be 18 and older. Advance reservations are needed. No jacket required.

Palo is an Italian themed restaurant. We have dined there twice for dinner.
Both were on the Disney Fantasy. I'm not sure how or if that differs from the Disney Dream as the restaurant and menu appear to be identical.

As you will see we are not "photographers" - which is why we do not post on the mainboards. We use a point and shoot camera and take photos mainly for our own personal archives. So I do apologize in advance.

If anyone would like to showcase their dining or cruise adventures please do!!!! Hopefully it will help those of us here who have yet to indulge in the many offerings on a Disney cruise. (JQ can always link our mini reports to the front page for easy reference)

Here is a menu:
palomenu_zps2f7a51ea.jpg

You can order as much as you like as often as you like. The servers tend to make suggestions to first timers as to which signature dishes are most popular. We went along and ordered these on our first dinner. Turns out they are not “our” favorites. So don’t hesitate to venture away from the “norm” if you see something you really want to try. Everything is delicious.

For starters, you are given Pane Casalingo

9bdca6b5-be61-4b34-9c13-23d254577196_zpsdb4fcea8.jpg

Next they wheel out a serving cart of Palos cold antipasto specialties:
Prosciutto; bresaola; parmesan reggiano; artichoke; roasted peppers; marinated olives and sundried tomatoes with infused oils and aged balsamic vinegar

IMG_6074_zps153577d4.jpg

The server will prepare a selection of your choice tableside.

IMG_6075_zps59fb7d99.jpg

Here are our choices from the menu: (we chose differently for both dinners to better sample the menu)

Tuna carpaccio and lemon oil dressing

IMG_6080_zps3fde6a63.jpg

Sicilian pesto marinated grilled shrimp

IMG_6081_zpsb56139c5.jpg

Tuscan white bean soup with prosciutto and parmesan cheese
(w/fresh ground pepper - optional) The beans were pureed.

9bd34615-4c53-41cc-85f2-5259e68e8cdf_zps649eed9a.jpg

Grilled Portobello mushroom and polenta

IMG_6082_zpsa60a606a.jpg

Palette Cleanser – lemon sorbet

645e7f71-27c5-41d8-b36b-d86f0816fb4e_zpscecf5657.jpg

Lobster and mascarpone ravioli
(sorry for the blur – there is a clearer picture in the background of the sea bass entrée)

IMG_6086_zps1a283820.jpg

Gnocchi de patate con gorgonzola e asparagi
(apparently this is the best photo I have of this dish. We ordered it both meals. The photo does not do it justice!!!)
IMG_6088_zpscbfac53e.jpg

Branzino in Cartoccio – sea bass wrapped in parchment paper w/vegetables and salmorgilio sauce

Presented and prepared tableside

IMG_6084_zps8d20ba93.jpg

IMG_6085_zps14365396.jpg

IMG_6089_zpsfeb2df6e.jpg

Beef tenderloin Palo - topped with melted gorgonzola or palo signature wine sauce (james ordered his plain)

IMG_6087_zpscfaa2da7.jpg

Osso Buco – slow roasted centre cut veal shank w/gremolata and risotto milanese

a6af8b09-7a15-43f1-9b71-ef6cd1726b15_zps99f0bbd1.jpg

Grilled Tuna – triple infused potato risotto w/garlic marinated artichokes and a tarragon veal jus. (cooked to order – I chose rare but next time will choose medium rare)

ca18b3ac-98bb-4fc6-b8f8-7dbdc738c002_zpscf0077fe.jpg

And for dessert

Panna cotta w/strawberry basil sorbet
(I know this is dark but it’s the best I got!!!)

b859a23f-5312-453b-af4a-5ca395bbbda8_zpsac5107cf.jpg

Chocolate soufflé

IMG_6092_zps9f01810e.jpg

Zambaglione w/sangriovese
(photo is not clear enough to do it justice but really good!!!)

c394a158-1b36-4f6c-9278-b0e2639e2a3f_zps2327467d.jpg

PI - Thanks for the pictures, they're great. I could make a meal from the antipasto cart alone!!! They did not have that presentation when we dined there back in 2010. We usually do the the brunch (Don's favorite), but we'll be doing supper there in April. I can't wait. Don can attest that the Lobster ravioli were absolutely delicious - they are his favorites.

We would like to participate in the Cabin Crawl. It is our first time on the ship, and it would be nice to see the variety of options. We chose our room based on our previous (non Disney) experience, where we were near the engines (or so it seemed) and that caused both of us some distress. :crazy2:We are not good sailors, wore our seabands the whole time. So, we asked for an area away from the back of the ship. I was willing to trade not having a balcony for the hope of less vibrations. So, we have an Ocean View, one of those giant portholes. Couldn't get something with the balcony. If anyone is curious about the room, you could add us to the hosting, too. But, we will definitely come and see what's what.

I also sent a PM to Sigris, that we will participate in the FE exchange.

Deb and Jed

We would like to participate in the Cabin Crawl. It is our first time on the ship, and it would be nice to see the variety of options. We chose our room based on our previous (non Disney) experience, where we were near the engines (or so it seemed) and that caused both of us some distress. :crazy2:We are not good sailors, wore our seabands the whole time. So, we asked for an area away from the back of the ship. I was willing to trade not having a balcony for the hope of less vibrations. So, we have an Ocean View, one of those giant portholes. Couldn't get something with the balcony. If anyone is curious about the room, you could add us to the hosting, too. But, we will definitely come and see what's what.

Deb and Jed

Hi Deb,
We would definately like to add your cabin to the crawl. We haven't seen a cat 8 yet. I will add you to the list. Please let me know which deck you will be on.Thanks for joining.

Jim

I wanted to suggest that we start the cabin crawl at 2pm on the at sea day. After checking the navigators from the Jan. Member Cruise, it looks like a good time to fit it in.

Jim

Lisa I are on Deck 7 AFT...and would love to see what the other cabins are like..pirate:

Lisa I are on Deck 7 AFT...and would love to see what the other cabins are like..pirate:

gmcmah,
welcome to the crawl. :tiptoe: What category is your cabin? Also you can pm me your stateroom #, so I can configure the crawl map.

Thanks,
Jim

Finally got some time to post on here. I'm going on the cruise with you all!!! It's me Audrey and my husband Nate. This will be our 9th Disney cruise. All Disney!!! I haven't read through all the pages but I've skimmed most of them.. LOL

Thanks Johnny for posting the important stuff on the first page :thumbsup2

Palo Dinner

As previously mentioned, Adults are given the option to dine at two specialty restaurants onboard for an additional fee. Remy and Palo. Both offer a brunch on the At Sea days and host dinner every night.

Palo - We have done this a few times and just love it. It's a really nice way to have a fancy meal without feeling like your spending a lot of money. The food is good and there is a lot of options available. If you haven't tried it I would recommend it.

Remy - I still haven't been able to get myself to spend that much here but from what I hear and see it seems to be really good.

Oh jeez ... Now I'm getting hungry ... Thanks LOL:goodvibes

Finally got some time to post on here. I'm going on the cruise with you all!!! It's me Audrey and my husband Nate. This will be our 9th Disney cruise. All Disney!!! I haven't read through all the pages but I've skimmed most of them.. LOL

Thanks Johnny for posting the important stuff on the first page :thumbsup2

Welcome GreatMouse,
Sounds like you and your husband are cruise vets. Feel free to jump in and share any cruise experiences with everyone.

As you've seen on the front page there's alot going on for this cruise, so let me know if you want to participate in anything.

Thanks,
Jim

PI - Thanks for the pictures, they're great. I could make a meal from the antipasto cart alone!!! They did not have that presentation when we dined there back in 2010. We usually do the the brunch (Don's favorite), but we'll be doing supper there in April. I can't wait. Don can attest that the Lobster ravioli were absolutely delicious - they are his favorites.

thanks Kris,

love the antipasto cart!!! We could have managed another plate easy!! Next time we will!!

Palo - We have done this a few times and just love it. It's a really nice way to have a fancy meal without feeling like your spending a lot of money. The food is good and there is a lot of options available. If you haven't tried it I would recommend it.

Remy - I still haven't been able to get myself to spend that much here but from what I hear and see it seems to be really good.

Oh jeez ... Now I'm getting hungry ... Thanks LOL:goodvibes

GreatMouseDetective:welcome::welcome: to our cruise meet!!!

We love both Palo and Remy and agree it's a tough decision to opt for Remy given the price.

so.............just figured out I can brighten up my photos in photobucket!! Learn something new every day. Now to bring them into focus...............

Deb and Jed

Deb and Jed: Glad you are volunteering to showcase your Cat 8. I am really looking forward to the crawl! It will be great to see the different cabins!

We added you to the FE list on the front page. Hopefully this will provide an easy reference (without details) for those of us here and keep in sync with Sigris' facebook tally as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!