September 29,2013 - DVC Member Cruise

I cut the lanyards into strips (12 inches works nice). I cut 7/8 inch satin ribbon for the back because I think it is nicer against skin than webbing and the lanyards are already strong like webbing. Red looks nice with most designs of lanyards (however I think I did silver on the back of most silver and platinum lanyards). I ironed7/8 inch Heat-n-Bond on back of the ribbon. Peel the paper off and iron ribbon onto the lanyard. Make a loop. I add a glue square or E6000 to secure ends. Clamp the key fob hardware over the ends. Squeeze closed with pliers but protect the metal with an old towel or t-shirt.

You will want to order 1 inch key fob hardware from ebay or amazon.

Super easy! Looks amazing! Now all the unused lanyards find a purpose:)

Thanks!

Gerberdaisy,
Hi, so good to hear from you. Glad you got to do the 7 day, too bad about the rough seas. My brother was on a 4-night Dream right before Christmas (their first cruise ever) and he commented on how rough the seas were and it was too windy to dock at Castaway.
Happy to hear your knee is doing better - I also have knee problems and know how you feel. I'm currently debating on wether to get cortizon again, or go back for the synvisc injections.

LOVE the wrist bands made from the lanyards. Very clever. I may try that with a couple of ours.

Keep in touch.

Hi everyone,

Happy Limo will provide one-way transport from WDW to the port for our group via a 39 passenger bus which includes up to 4 pick up points for $12.64/person + tip. (we can go larger if we need to and contract for a return transfer to WDW as well)

Payment is due via cash at pick-up.

1st stop would be AKV Jambo (my resort of course!:thumbsup2)

Any additional pick-ups beyond 4 will cost $25.00/each (or add $.64 per passenger) provided they are within a 5 mile radius of the AKV.

I will use this thread to keep a roster if we get enough interest.
Please either PM me or post on our thread to be included.

thanks
Jim

Johnny Quest said:
Hi everyone,

Happy Limo will provide one-way transport from WDW to the port for our group via a 39 passenger bus which includes up to 4 pick up points for $12.64/person + tip. (we can go larger if we need to and contract for a return transfer to WDW as well)

Any additional pick-ups beyond 4 will cost $25.00/each (or add $.64 per passenger) provided they are within a 5 mile radius of the AKV.

thanks
Jim

Tentatively interested. We were definitely looking into one way transport that would get us there earlier than DCL. We most likely will be at OKW.

What time were you thinking for pickups? With a bus I'm guessing there won't be any luggage space issues. That was a concern with other group arrangements. We will have at least 3 suitcases for 2 people.

Tentatively interested. We were definitely looking into one way transport that would get us there earlier than DCL. We most likely will be at OKW.

What time were you thinking for pickups? With a bus I'm guessing there won't be any luggage space issues. That was a concern with other group arrangements. We will have at least 3 suitcases for 2 people.

honeymo,
I don't think there will be any luggage problems, which is why we chose it. The bus has full under floor storage just like the large transports and will handle a minimum of 39 large + 39 medium pieces. We are looking at a 10:45am arrival at the port which is the earliest Happy Limo would consider. Hopefully with 4 different pick up points we can accomodate everyone. Also, this bus will not have a bathroom. To charter one equipped with a bathroom would require added fees for cleaning and disposal.

How was the Jan member's cruise???

Hi everyone,

thanks
Jim

Adam and I would also be interested. We're at the Poly.

Johnny Quest said:
honeymo,
I don't think there will be any luggage problems, which is why we chose it. The bus has full under floor storage just like the large transports and will handle a minimum of 39 large + 39 medium pieces. We are looking at a 10:45am arrival at the port which is the earliest Happy Limo would consider. Hopefully with 4 different pick up points we can accomodate everyone. Also, this bus will not have a bathroom. To charter one equipped with a bathroom would require added fees for cleaning and disposal.

How was the Jan member's cruise???

We are definitely interested (2 adults) at OKW.

We enjoyed the jan cruise but thought it was way too short. So little time to relax plus go to the special events. We wouldn't do a 3 night member cruise again. Hopefully the extra day will make a difference.

I have contracted a 39 passenger bus charter for round trip transportation between WDW and Port Canaveral with the Happy Limo Company. As of today, 3/31/13 outbound to the port is sold out and return bus to WDW has 4 seats remaining.

39 Passenger Bus
Bathroom on board
There are seatbelts, so child seats can be utilized.
Luggage stowed underneath - minimum 39 large and 39 medium bags
Scheduled to arrive at Port Canaveral around 10:15 am on Embarkation Day
Scheduled to leave Port Canaveral around 8:30 am on Debarkation Day

Please use link in my signature to view schedules and pricing on the cruise meet front page.

Here are some photos:

Exterior (ours is the shorter of the two)
happylimobus_zps8e15a2d4.jpg

Interior
happylimobus2_zps74d934ef.jpg

let me know if you are interested.

Jim

We are considering flipping around our plans, and coming to BLT first, then go on the cruise. There is a 100 year celebration of our Parish that we will miss if we cruise first. I am confused about why people are not using the Disney transportation to the ship? How much earlier can you get there? Ty.

DisneyBelle99 said:
We are considering flipping around our plans, and coming to BLT first, then go on the cruise. There is a 100 year celebration of our Parish that we will miss if we cruise first. I am confused about why people are not using the Disney transportation to the ship? How much earlier can you get there? Ty.

One, the price will be cheaper. This option is about half as much as DCL. Additionally this is planning on a 10:45 arrival vs a 12pm pickup with DCL. Our DCL bus in Jan did leave a little earlier and we ended up on board right around 1pm.
Even if I'm not boarding significantly earlier at least I'm at the terminal. Otherwise we just sit around after breakfast just waiting for the bus.

There really are two reasons to consider private transport vs DCL: price and arrival time.

The DCL is charging $35/pp each way and for resort pickups tends to arrive at the port sometime in the early afternoon. Boarding usually begins around 11:30 - 11:45.

So... After about ten attempts with a wrong password (and getting locked out twice!) I finally reset and am making my FIRST POST! ;) I am still figuring out how to use the forums & the mobile App, but... Jim- My hubby and I would be interested in using your bus transport to the port. :) can you add us to your growing list? :)

So... After about ten attempts with a wrong password (and getting locked out twice!) I finally reset and am making my FIRST POST! ;) I am still figuring out how to use the forums & the mobile App, but... Jim- My hubby and I would be interested in using your bus transport to the port. :) can you add us to your growing list? :)

Welcome to the Boards IndigoLiquid! :welcome:

No problem, you are in. Seats 11 & 12. Do you know where you will be staying yet? If not let us know when you do. As the trip approaches we will assemble a contact list with details and info.

Thanks,
Jim

Jim- thanks! Up until now I've been relying on Dreamer7787 to keep me updated on Disney goings on with the DisBoards. She is more advanced at using forums than I am. I feel like a chick that has been kicked out of the nest (just kidding, D!)

We are still planning the couple of days at the parks and I think we are leaning to Pop Century. We would get to where we need to be, though. :)

I am really excited about the cruise and meeting everyone! It sounds like a really great group.

Dec 4th would be magical :)

It was Really nice having two staterooms but I don't know if we would do inside again especially on a 7 night. The magical port hole was nice but the lack of natural sunlight in the room I think got to us just a tiny bit. I think if you are on the claustrophobic side or tend to like fresh air circulating- it probably isn't the best choice. Plus it seemed germs had nowhere to go by the end of the cruise. Lol. The stateroom attendants took turns with sick days and others filling in the whole week. Hmmmm...wonder why we all came home sick. We will probably go back to verandah rooms but willing to try a porthole with real sunlight :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Hi Regina. Really glad to hear from you. Love the lanyard FE!!! We have several around here somewhere, and I'd be happy to send them your way if you PM me your address.

I'm sorry you all came home sick. We aren't 100% either right now but that could have to do with the weather here.

We were surprised at how much we enjoyed these 11A cabins. We thought it would be hard to adjust to after staying in a Cat 6 and Cat 4 w/balconies. But we felt it was really nice. Loved the virtual porthole (which only operated during daylight hours). I wouldn't hesitate to rebook one again and would also be willing to try the real sunlight porthole cabins as well.

Did you run the CC 5K? We saw it in progress and I thought of you.

We are definitely interested (2 adults) at OKW.

We enjoyed the jan cruise but thought it was way too short. So little time to relax plus go to the special events. We wouldn't do a 3 night member cruise again. Hopefully the extra day will make a difference.

I think an extra day would make a difference. Just gives a little more time, after losing half a day on embarkation.

Were there any special events you didn't care for?
Our plan is to allow time to relax, have dinner, see a few shows and hang with the family. This may require cutting back on alot of additional activities. Just want to be able to take it all in.

Jim- thanks! Up until now I've been relying on Dreamer7787 to keep me updated on Disney goings on with the DisBoards. She is more advanced at using forums than I am. I feel like a chick that has been kicked out of the nest (just kidding, D!)

We are still planning the couple of days at the parks and I think we are leaning to Pop Century. We would get to where we need to be, though. :)

I am really excited about the cruise and meeting everyone! It sounds like a really great group.

Welcome to the Dis!!! That's great Dreamer7787 has been keeping you in the loop. We're really glad you are here and hope you'll stay connected.

Gerberdaisy,
Hi, so good to hear from you. Glad you got to do the 7 day, too bad about the rough seas. My brother was on a 4-night Dream right before Christmas (their first cruise ever) and he commented on how rough the seas were and it was too windy to dock at Castaway.
Happy to hear your knee is doing better - I also have knee problems and know how you feel. I'm currently debating on wether to get cortizon again, or go back for the synvisc injections.

LOVE the wrist bands made from the lanyards. Very clever. I may try that with a couple of ours.

Keep in touch.

Oh, that is sad that your brother missed Castaway!
I have a torn meniscus and keep trying to avoid surgery despite everyone saying how great it is afterwards.

Hi Regina. Really glad to hear from you. Love the lanyard FE!!! We have several around here somewhere, and I'd be happy to send them your way if you PM me your address.

I'm sorry you all came home sick. We aren't 100% either right now but that could have to do with the weather here.

We were surprised at how much we enjoyed these 11A cabins. We thought it would be hard to adjust to after staying in a Cat 6 and Cat 4 w/balconies. But we felt it was really nice. Loved the virtual porthole (which only operated during daylight hours). I wouldn't hesitate to rebook one again and would also be willing to try the real sunlight porthole cabins as well.

Did you run the CC 5K? We saw it in progress and I thought of you.
PI, i will pm you and of course I will make and send you some keychains as well. :)
Were you on deck 2? It was very quite. Nice location. Loved our Stateroom hostess. Loved the virtual portholes. I think the main concern was with all the sickness around and no fresh air and my daughter is one that needs sunlight.

Signing in :thumbsup2

I have read the thread and caught up with you all. Figured out that there were two threads that are now meshed. (Good thing I know that the MODs can do that.)

We are a family of 6. Me :earsgirl:, DH :earsboy:, DS#1 :love:, his wife :lovestruc and daughter :cutie: and DS#2 :cool2:. Two stateroom 11s. We always cruise 11s. :boat:

This will be the third DVC Member cruise for me and DH and the first for the kids although they have cruised DCL before.

I am likely to lurk here and post a little. DH works LONG hours so vacations need to be restful and quiet. We will spend our time with family for the most part.

But I need DISing and dreams of CC to help me survive these 21 degree days :cold:

Jan

I have read the thread and caught up with you all. Figured out that there were two threads that are now meshed. (Good thing I know that the MODs can do that.)

We are a family of 6. Me :earsgirl:, DH :earsboy:, DS#1 :love:, his wife :lovestruc and daughter :cutie: and DS#2 :cool2:. Two stateroom 11s. We always cruise 11s. :boat:

This will be the third DVC Member cruise for me and DH and the first for the kids although they have cruised DCL before.

I am likely to lurk here and post a little. DH works LONG hours so vacations need to be restful and quiet. We will spend our time with family for the most part.

But I need DISing and dreams of CC to help me survive these 21 degree days :cold:

Jan

WELCOME TO THE GROUP, YOU PROBABLY SAILED WITH LAURA AND I BEFORE. THIS IS OUR 7th MEMBER CRUISE.

Jan

Hi Jan,
Restful and quiet is right up my alley. We are bringing family with us on this one so I'll be hanging with them. My brother's 1yr old grandson will be running the show I'm sure.

I'll add you to our roll call and we're glad to have you onboard.

Jim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter