September 29,2013 - DVC Member Cruise

When they allowed DVC members to keep the reservation do you know if they made them pay more or pay in full right then? Wouldn't mind a member cruise if conditions stayed the same as current cruise.

I don't know, but I would not think so.
I checked and checked and I could no longer fine the history what all went down last year for the Members cruise this year.

Don!!! What a welcome surprise!! thanks for stopping by to lend an ear. We could use any and all advise

So what happened? Did you stay with Sept 15?

Right now we're trying to lock arms and link up in hopes of remaining onboard. If anyone else is interested, send me a pm.

Do you think we'll wake up and it'll all be a DREAM????????????

We are still booked in for Sept 15, but we are not going to go at this time.
I called DLC and DVC to book with you guys today.........they don't [so they say] know what's going on.
What I think , and it's only me....the DVC people who booked in already on your cruise will get a good deal and when the open up date, of the DVC member cruise you will be paying more....lots more than what you guys paid. We alway in the past ,[07,08,09 ,&2010] cruised before or even after the M-cruise and it was always cheaper much,much cheaper.

Quick question - which dining seating are you? main or late?

:thumbsup2 P I , Speaking of FOOD....
Here is the 4 night dinning rotation as it stands right now;
A,E,R,R
R,A,E,E
E,R,A,A
I would take second dinning time in a heart beat.....who wants to get up with the chickens [no pun intented Henlady] on your last morning on the ship.

I really hope they do not take our beloved cruise away! Me and DW are DVC members but not sure how many of you lovely people are. I know I have only just joined this thread but you all seem so nice! I wanted to cruise with you guys! Cant wait for a definite conclusion by the end of the week.

:thumbsup2 P I , Speaking of FOOD....
Here is the 4 night dinning rotation as it stands right now;
A,E,R,R
R,A,E,E
E,R,A,A
I would take second dinning time in a heart beat.....who wants to get up with the chickens [no pun intented Henlady] on your last morning on the ship.

Hello Husurdady. Thanks for that post re the rotation dining do cabins get assigned one of those four options at random do you know? We are early or the 6:00 pm one ( is that main ? ) so not sure which one applies.

Well we are DVC members but my friend who is getting married is not. I know she is already booked through Fairy Tale Weddings so not sure what will happen if this becomes a DVC Members cruise. She said she will move it to the next four night. Not big deal on our end, but I am sure it's kinda a big deal to her.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

That would be a shame for your friends wedding. How upsetting.

Its my birthday on October 1st so I hope we get to do the cruise next year. We were on the dream last year for my 40th on the 3 night. Really enjoyed it but I was ill and spent most of it in the stateroom!

DW and I are on the November 1st 3 night Disney dream this year also. Cant wait. It will be our first FE experience! Leaving for SSR on the 26th October :-)

Well she is already to move it to the next four night and is not stressing so that's cool. She has not sent our her Save The Date yet, so it will work out I hope as long as she can move it.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

aan1701 said:
Well she is already to move it to the next four night and is not stressing so that's cool. She has not sent our her Save The Date yet, so it will work out I hope as long as she can move it.

Lets just hope DCL let her know in good time so she can rebook her cruise and get a good stateroom. I wonder what DCL will do if the alternative dates are more expensive? I am glad she is cool about it though.

I just hope that the wedding planer from Disney is on top of it. I am sure she is. I remember when we got married at the wedding pavilion, our planer was on top of everything.

Omg you got married at the wedding pav! Omg oh amazing! Congrats to you both!

Me and DW want to renew our vows there sometime. We have a civil partnership in the UK. Its equal to marriage but for same sex. Not sure if Disney allow same sex couples to renew vows. Hope so! I want the whole fairy tale wedding at our 10 year anniversary!

Yes we did. 12 years ago next Sat the 20th. It was cool. Why wouldn't Disney allow a same sex couple to do a vow renewal. I would be very disappointed if they would not allow it. I guess I say that cause I am a big supporter of equal rights for all.

Thank you. It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

Yes it will be! I cant wait until the end of the week now till disney tell all about our cruise that seems to have disappeared into the bermuda triangle....

I must be honest here. I am not a fan of cruises shorter than 4 days. The cruise I am taking before this one is 14 nights on the Wonder from Miami to back here to my home in Los Angeles. I wouldn't be in this cruise if it were not for my friends wedding. I am sorry if that came off condescending or like I am to good for a four night cruise. Not my intention. I just was saying it in case anyone will get the feeling that if this cruise gets cancelled I could care less. That will not be the case as it maybe hard for some of you to change plans, and that sucks.

Hi Alan,

We linked all dvc/non-dvc cabins together to hopefully ward off cancellation for non-dvc since DVC members are permitted to book for friends and family on member cruises. We're hoping they will honor these existing non-dvc rsvps once they see they are affiliated with DvC guests also sailing.

I'm wondering if you link with your friends, hopefully your group may be given this same consideration.

Historically the DVC put a limit on the number of cabins a dvc member could reserve per contract on a member cruise but that ban was lifted in the summer due to a decrease in demand.

We are not booked with points. I don't know if that is what you are saying. We are paying cash. Our booking is a booking we made on the Hawaii cruise when my friend getting married, who came on the Hawaii cruise, told us this was the cruise she had chosen to get married on.

No, you don't have to be booked on points. Members are allowed to pay cash only on these sails. The DVC has a matching system to identify members with DCL. Your friends hopefully simply need to be associated with you in order to remain onboard since you are sailing as well.

I think that is going to happen through Fairy Tail Weddings. Also if this just a glitch, I will be changing this reservation to a cast discount later on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter