September 29,2013 - DVC Member Cruise

I'm sure it is. DFTW should have a great deal of pull.

We must have spoken to half a dozen dvc/dcl reps back and forth over the past few days. One thing we did learn is if this becomes a member cruise, the cruise line will contact all existing passengers to discuss options and will do everything possible to assist guests. We'll press them to accomodate everyone.

On a sidenote, it's great to hear you were married at the world. James and I were married at Disney as well but we did things a bit unorthodox and elected not to go thru DFTW. We were officially married on Swan property but were able to host all our events on WDW property thru meetings and conventions. What we learned was there is a pecking order in terms of which division trumps the other down there. For example, mtgs and conventions has a much earlier booking window to block venues than DFTW. We were able to secure everything we needed without conflict over a very hectic Thanksgiving holiday. Of course that was in 2006. Who knows how things have changed since.

Does anyone know if this does turn into a member cruise will they insist we pay the full balance now? Gulp!

Well when we got married we were only able to book the wedding pavilion one year prior to the date we wanted my friend said for cruises they can book if its up for sale.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Welcome to new friends in our cruise. Hopefully we all get to sail together.

Many thanks and buckets if pixie dust to PI and JQ. They are our miracle angels.

Hopefully we will find out soon what this all means. But either way it has been a blessing to meet such wonderful people:)

Paula, my DD shares your birthday:) This will be our second FE. We had such a blast last cruise that we have already started making gifts for this one. I had to make a new FE because I missed the info about width and had to adjust the one I made last time to fit at the last minute. I am going to try to post pics of it. I made it with a 40th anniversary gift bag and gold duct tape. :)

http://s1322.photobucket.com/albums/u578/1234gerberdaisy/?albumview=slideshow

I still need to add dowel rod at top:)

Well when we got married we were only able to book the wedding pavilion one year prior to the date we wanted my friend said for cruises they can book if its up for sale.

12 mos sounds about right.

For mtg / conv. it was anywhere from 18-24 mos in advance.
But it didn't apply to the wedding pavillion which is exclusive to DTFW. It did apply to every other onsite venue when booking dinners / dessert parties etc...

What do they mean "they can book if it's up for sale" - that sounds like code for unless another division blocks it ahead of DFTW allowable booking window - which 6 yrs ago was 11 mos.
Since we're just outside of that date range, does this mean they're wedding is not reserved yet?

Welcome to new friends in our cruise. Hopefully we all get to sail together.

Many thanks and buckets if pixie dust to PI and JQ. They are our miracle angels.

Hopefully we will find out soon what this all means. But either way it has been a blessing to meet such wonderful people:)

Paula, my DD shares your birthday:) This will be our second FE. We had such a blast last cruise that we have already started making gifts for this one. I had to make a new FE because I missed the info about width and had to adjust the one I made last time to fit at the last minute. I am going to try to post pics of it. I made it with a 40th anniversary gift bag and gold duct tape. :)

http://s1322.photobucket.com/albums/u578/1234gerberdaisy/?albumview=slideshow

How lovely re sharing birthdays! Just about to do our first FE in November this year. Love your FE it is the best thing I ever saw! We have been buying gifts galore here in the UK. Its worse than christmas. People in our FE have children and me and DW have not been blessed so we are spoiling everybody elses lol.

How lovely re sharing birthdays! Just about to do our first FE in November this year. Love your FE it is the best thing I ever saw! We have been buying gifts galore here in the UK. Its worse than christmas. People in our FE have children and me and DW have not been blessed so we are spoiling everybody elses lol.

You Brits give nice gifts. On our last cruise we received a Diamond Jubilee coin. I think it's worth a gazillion dollars!

Christine and I actually live in Evesham Township, NJ. Sister city to your Evesham. My in-laws just got back from a 2 week visit there with their twinning group. We hope to experience England some day as well.

Jim

How lovely re Evesham! We live near London so lots of olympics 2012 stuff in our FE gifts this year!

Hope you do make it over to our sunny isle one day. You and your DW will be most welcome!

Poison and I are booked on the Dec. 4th Magic 4 night out of Miami which stops in Castaway, at sea and Key West!

If this Member Cruise debacle doesn't work out, you can all join us for a huge "linked" party in the Keys. We've never been there so it will be new for us.

Please don't anyone tell the DVC about it either! :furious:

Oh how lovely! Have always wanted to go to the keys :-) and also The Magic sounds lovely. People seem to love that ship.

Joanna and I have found this cruising thing to be rather addictive .... I am disabled with health issues galore so its perfect for us. Joanna being my main carer and having to do a very demanding job at work as well I feel gets a real break as I find the cruise ship very accessible. I will be sending her to the spa! Also as she has to drive us around all the time she can enjoy a cold bud with no driving! Then back to WDW SSR and the disney transport with my scooter. It only we could live on the dream and at SSR!

Paula Sedley-Burke said:

Thank you :) I was pretty happy with how it turned out. I love duct tape! And the gift bag was this strange size that was not practical so it was a perfect combo.

It is so easy to go crazy with FE gifts. Especially when you do a little here, a little there. But it was so worth it! My DS couldn't wait to check every time we returned to our cabin. I was amazed that there always seemed to be something there. I wondered if someone made an arrangement with our hostess to put little things in when we left.

Congrats JQ on 400!!!

ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ
\(^o^)/

aan1701 said:
Well she is already to move it to the next four night and is not stressing so that's cool. She has not sent our her Save The Date yet, so it will work out I hope as long as she can move it.

Wow and here I am freaking in because my HM plans might get changed. Good on her for not freaking out! I couldn't imagine losing our wedding date! Good thing no save the dates have been sent out. That would have been such a headache to have to rearrange everything!

Hi Everyone,

I'm Kim, Alan's friend the bride:wave2:

DCL won't give DFTW a lot of information, but they did confirm that this sailing has been chartered by a private company(I would assume DVC). DCL will be calling everyone booked within the next 2 weeks. My wedding coordinator told me not to change anything yet. She said it would be best to let DCL contact me & have them change it. Weddings are still available on the 10/6 cruise so I will switch to that.

I got upset at first, but quickly realized that being upset wouldn't help the situation at all. On a positive note, my wedding coordinator has been fantastic!!! I also have a 7 night Fantasy cruise booked for my honeymoon after the wedding so I also have to change that. I'm kind of bummed about that because we're changing from an Eastern to a Western.

I know that everyone wants this resolved quickly (ESPECIALLY ME), but it seems like the best option is to just wait for DCL to contact us.

Kim Luvs Disney said:
Hi Everyone,

I'm Kim, Alan's friend the bride:wave2:

DCL won't give DFTW a lot of information, but they did confirm that this sailing has been chartered by a private company(I would assume DVC). DCL will be calling everyone booked within the next 2 weeks. My wedding coordinator told me not to change anything yet. She said it would be best to let DCL contact me & have them change it. Weddings are still available on the 10/6 cruise so I will switch to that.

I got upset at first, but quickly realized that being upset wouldn't help the situation at all. On a positive note, my wedding coordinator has been fantastic!!! I also have a 7 night Fantasy cruise booked for my honeymoon after the wedding so I also have to change that. I'm kind of bummed about that because we're changing from an Eastern to a Western.

I know that everyone wants this resolved quickly (ESPECIALLY ME), but it seems like the best option is to just wait for DCL to contact us.

Hi Kim, Everything will be magical either way. I am glad you are keeping it positive. :)

Guess I should print out list of linked cabins so when Disney contacts I will know everyone's names :)

Here's hoping they contact within next couple days:)

Hi Kim,

Really sorry to hear about your circumstances but it sounds like you are making the best of it.

Thanks for basically confirming what we all suspected. All we can do now is wait................

I hope everything gets resolved for your wedding. You made such beautiful plans.

Well I guess we now know for sure. I hope no one had any airfare booked yet.

I guess DH and I have to figure out what to do. See what if anything is offered regarding switching to member cruise, otherwise we will have to rebook the 2nd cruise as well since we need to travel sun to sun.

Good morning everyone.
So much activity on our little board in the past couple of days, sorry I haven't been able to post, I've been dealing with DH getting scheduled for surgery for fusion of 3 cervical vertebra and driving to Pittsburgh to help out DD with babysitting my DGS while she attended a mandatory 5:00am (yes, AM) meeting and then driving back home (2hrs each way)to go to work, it's been a bit crazy, and then throw this cruise stuff in = Not fun!.
ANYWAY.....
Paula and DW, & honeymo78 ~ WELCOME. I sincerely hope everything works out and we get to meet you all.
I think it is awful that DCL does not pre-schedule these DVC cruises before they are released to the general public.:mad: They know these cruises happen, so just schedule one or two a year and let DVC work around those specific dates. It is wrong to allow clients to schedule events and then to have those plans dashed and in effect told that "you don't matter to us" the "BIG" guy does.
To them it is not a big deal. To their clients it is a big deal.:mic:
Either way, whatever happens, happens and it is what it is. We'll just have to adjust. But I do hope it all works out that we can get together.
JQ & PI: If this doesn't work out, maybe we will transfer to the Miami cruise in Dec, we always wanted to visit Key West anyway.
Disney better give us a nice discount for our inconvenience!!
OK, I'm done.
You all have a great rest of the week and as Dorie (Nemo) says "just keep swimming".

Henlady said:
Good morning everyone.
So much activity on our little board in the past couple of days, sorry I haven't been able to post, I've been dealing with DH getting scheduled for surgery for fusion of 3 cervical vertebra and driving to Pittsburgh to help out DD with babysitting my DGS while she attended a mandatory 5:00am (yes, AM) meeting and then driving back home (2hrs each way)to go to work, it's been a bit crazy, and then throw this cruise stuff in = Not fun!.
ANYWAY.....
Paula and DW, & honeymo78 ~ WELCOME. I sincerely hope everything works out and we get to meet you all.
I think it is awful that DCL does not pre-schedule these DVC cruises before they are released to the general public.:mad: They know these cruises happen, so just schedule one or two a year and let DVC work around those specific dates. It is wrong to allow clients to schedule events and then to have those plans dashed and in effect told that "you don't matter to us" the "BIG" guy does.
To them it is not a big deal. To their clients it is a big deal.:mic:
Either way, whatever happens, happens and it is what it is. We'll just have to adjust. But I do hope it all works out that we can get together.
JQ & PI: If this doesn't work out, maybe we will transfer to the Miami cruise in Dec, we always wanted to visit Key West anyway.
Disney better give us a nice discount for our inconvenience!!
OK, I'm done.
You all have a great rest of the week and as Dorie (Nemo) says "just keep swimming".

I hope I get to meet you as well. I hope you DH surgery goes well. Sending you good vibes from the UK. I agree also why cant they schedule the cruises before allowing people to book them! well said. Paula and DW xxxx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter