September 29,2013 - DVC Member Cruise

Myself my wife Rachel and our son Devon who will be just over a year old.
We can not wait to meet everyone.

So excited to be going! Will be our fourth cruise with DCL, but our first member cruise!

What can we expect on a member cruise? thanks!

:beach:

Hi cruisers,
Happy St. Patty's Day and welcome aboard! This is our first Member cruise and there are alot of first timers sailing with us. We also have many veteran Member cruisers here as well. I believe dvcdeernut has sailed on more of these than anyone, and can answer most questions on what to expect.

Here are some of his informative posts from a while back.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2850795&page=40

I'll add you all to the roll call. Check out the front page for details and sign ups.

HAPPY ST. PATRICKS DAY TO ALL!

We were walking around at the Flower & Garden Festival today and saw alot of green clothing, hair, hats and beer. Ate alot of good food too! Shrimp and grits, Watermelon Salad and Angelfood Cake w/Florida Berries. All from the Florida Fresh booth were fantastic!

We wore a pedometer and after 3 days we have walked 36,156 steps so far. Perfect weather in a great place... couldn't ask for more.

Hey yall! Is anyone doing the 3night back to back after this cruise on October 3rd? 3 stops at Castaway Cay?!? I may just have to indulge.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Hey yall! Is anyone doing the 3night back to back after this cruise on October 3rd? 3 stops at Castaway Cay?!? I may just have to indulge.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We're doing B2B with the 3-night prior to this cruise. We decided to finish on a high note with the DVC cruise. Looking forward to 3 stops in Castaway Cay!

We got back from a week at WDW Saturday. Had a great time although it was a little chillier than I had expected. Was the first time for Flower and Garden for us and we really enjoyed it!

Welcome all the new comers to the thread since I last posted!

Happy to see new names! Welcome!:cheer2:
Booked our flights today with Amex points. Ordered our FE from Esty today, too. The presents and crafty things are coming in, too! pixiedust:

Next stop in a few days......ADR for our Pre Cruise time in WDW. If I don't get into Be Our Guest, I may have to bring a picture of my Family room full of Beauty and The Beast collectibles to try to bribe someone! princess: Deb

Poison Ivy:
Thanks for posting your TR. We absolutely LOVE PO-R :lovestruc. I have lost count of how many times we have stayed there. We'll be there for just one night after our April cruise. We've stayed at AK and POP, but still prefer PO-R.
Patiently waiting for the rest of your report.........

Poison Ivy:
Thanks for posting your TR. We absolutely LOVE PO-R :lovestruc. I have lost count of how many times we have stayed there. We'll be there for just one night after our April cruise. We've stayed at AK and POP, but still prefer PO-R.

We felt very comfortable there. Once your "inside" it's like an oasis. The world disappears. I really enjoyed the walks from room to lobby.

Planning on visiting F & G at the end of the month! Can't wait!

you are going to have a blast!!! Wish we were still there. It's really tough to be back.

Myself my wife Rachel and our son Devon who will be just over a year old.
We can not wait to meet everyone.

So excited to be going! Will be our fourth cruise with DCL, but our first member cruise!

What can we expect on a member cruise? thanks!

:beach:

:welcome::welcome: to our cruse meet We have several great things going on listed on the front page. Let us know if you'd like to join in!!! The more the merrier.

We got back from a week at WDW Saturday. Had a great time although it was a little chillier than I had expected. Was the first time for Flower and Garden for us and we really enjoyed it!

Welcome all the new comers to the thread since I last posted!

Welcome back!! It was colder than we expected too for most days in the early morning and late afternoon. We didn't pack enough layers.

Happy to see new names! Welcome!:cheer2:
Booked our flights today with Amex points. Ordered our FE from Esty today, too. The presents and crafty things are coming in, too! pixiedust:

Next stop in a few days......ADR for our Pre Cruise time in WDW. If I don't get into Be Our Guest, I may have to bring a picture of my Family room full of Beauty and The Beast collectibles to try to bribe someone! princess: Deb

Thanks for the ADR reminder. We're marking the calendar for Oct 3rd week.
I'm not planning anything for Sept 28th yet. Can't seem to decide if a sit down is a good idea on a travel day in. Plus we're concierge and want to enjoy it!!

Poison Ivy:

thanks Kris. We loved PO-R too. Wow! your April cruise is just around the corner. it will be here before you know it.

We just booked our overnight stay on the way down 9/27/13 at Disney's Hilton Head. Got a DvC discounted cash rate for a 2 bdrm of $225.75. Can't beat that!!

I have also marked my calendar to make my ADR's. The only night I am sure of the Sept. 28th, we are staying at Saratoga Springs that night, close to Downtown Disney, so we will be dining at Raglan Road!!

I have to share this, my 15 year old son just came into my room to ask me for something, so I asked him "where do you think daddy and I should eat when we're in Disney?" He looks at me and says "So you're abandoning me and asking me for dining suggestions while you do it?" I guess I am!!!:lmao::lmao:

Since I am not sure about doing parks after and the Food & Wine Festival going on, decesions........

RobynonWheel.jpg

See my Daughter in Law on Wheel of Fortune this Thursday. Can't say if she won, but she is very excited in this picture with Pat Sajak. You might see my son at the end of the showpopcorn:: Deb

See my Daughter in Law on Wheel of Fortune this Thursday. Can't say if she won, but she is very excited in this picture with Pat Sajak. You might see my son at the end of the showpopcorn:: Deb

Wow!! Love the photo. Congratulations to your family! We will definitely tune in Thurs. How great is this!!! Thanks for sharing.

Just a quick update

Looks like Iron Man Mark is headed back to WDW for his 2nd Disney College Program. he's been accepted in QSFB for Fall Advantage May 28 - Jan 3.

This comes right after he'd just been hired by Aramark to work concessions at the Phillies games in Citizens Bank Park this season.

Wish I had his choices!!!

He's on our cruise so time off will be a factor. I guess that will all be worked out. He wants to take his old pickup which I'm not sure will survive the drive so the plan is to hitch a ride on the autotrain and head down. JQ and I are hoping to tag along. We'll see.

Just a quick update

Looks like Iron Man Mark is headed back to WDW for his 2nd Disney College Program. he's been accepted in QSFB for Fall Advantage May 28 - Jan 3.

This comes right after he'd just been hired by Aramark to work concessions at the Phillies games in Citizens Bank Park this season.

Wish I had his choices!!!

He's on our cruise so time off will be a factor. I guess that will all be worked out. He wants to take his old pickup which I'm not sure will survive the drive so the plan is to hitch a ride on the autotrain and head down. JQ and I are hoping to tag along. We'll see.

YEAH:cheer2::cheer2: for Mark! Tell him congratulations. I give a thumbs up :thumbsup2 for the AutoTrain. Keep us updated on his decisions. If you decide on the AutoTrain, and you have an AAA membership, be sure to use it when booking and you'll get a 10% discount on the passanger portion of the fee.

Curious. What is ADR?

ADR-Advanced Dining Reservation.

For those staying in WDW before or after the cruise, if there is a certain restaurant that you know you want to eat at, you may want to make an ADR. They can be made 180 days in advance.

Congrats to iron man. I don't think my daughter is ever leaving the program. She is trying for another extension.

So happy this morning:cool1::cool1:
Got our Be Our Guest reservation for 9/25 and Sci Fi for 9/26. Did not make anything else for the Friday and Saturday, since we plan on grazing at the Food and Wine Festival;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter