**September 2019**

Life update: A few days ago my husband was admitted to the hospital with a collapsed lung! He is tall and thin, and guys with that build just have spontaneous pneumothorax, who knew?! Well, that has caused me to completely break and stress eat my feelings. It was very, very bad cause he had a tension pneumothorax and his trachea was deviated. While he's been in the hospital, his lung collapsed again~ ANYWAY, YEAH TOMORROW I WILL BE GOOD! Today is our first anniversary so I took myself out to dinner and ate more feelings.

Time to lose it for real. Anyway! Hope everyone is doing well. We are getting so close. Anyone following the Star Wars stuff out in CA? I am so, so excited and now wish they would let us reserve times too.

Goodness! I'm glad he's receiving good care. And happy anniversary, though I'm sure you didn't plan to spend it that way. We've been married 20 years and I don't think we've spent many of them how we thought them out in our heads, if that helps any. ;)

Those working on weight loss before WDW, are you doing a specific diet or WOE?

I'm not necessarily working on weight loss, but the kids & I will be "training" - i.e. I'll be taking them on long walks in the sweltering Tennessee heat & humidity starting in July. That will give us 2+ months to get their legs acclimated. We spend a lot of time outside, but we're at the pool, they're playing in the sprinkler, and playing outside in the evening with friends. So the walking in the heat is different.

Welcome to all the new September crew!

I was just having a chuckle, cause I'm on a Disney diet right now~ trying to lose some weight so I don't have to haul it all over the World, literally. However, I am currently just thinking about all the yummy foods I want to try and eat when I'm at Disney to the point of looking over the menus for fun. Does anyone else do this? LOL
We just got back from a quick trip over Memorial day to use some DVC points before they expired. We started dieting 2 months before the trip and almost made it down to the weight we were at last years Memorial day trip. Darn New Englad winters!. LOL.

We both gained about 3 pounds even with 20K steps a day on average but once back to regular schedule and low carbs they are gone. Now to lose some more weight before September trip. UGH!

Life update: A few days ago my husband was admitted to the hospital with a collapsed lung! He is tall and thin, and guys with that build just have spontaneous pneumothorax, who knew?! Well, that has caused me to completely break and stress eat my feelings. It was very, very bad cause he had a tension pneumothorax and his trachea was deviated. While he's been in the hospital, his lung collapsed again~ ANYWAY, YEAH TOMORROW I WILL BE GOOD! Today is our first anniversary so I took myself out to dinner and ate more feelings.

Time to lose it for real. Anyway! Hope everyone is doing well. We are getting so close. Anyone following the Star Wars stuff out in CA? I am so, so excited and now wish they would let us reserve times too.
So sorry about your husband and totally understand the stress eating. Tare care of both of you.

Yes, reading all the CA Star Wars reviews and getting excited for September!

Locked in my trip last week. Its our first time back since September 2014 but this time we will have 2 little kids and 2 grandparents in tow so a big change.

How old are your kiddos? I have my hand trembling over the "submit" button to go in September. It's encouraging to see others who are going to go with young kids :)

At time of travel will be 2 years 2 months and 7 months. We do have my parents coming as well which helps.

This is our first trip with kids so we will see. I read lots of people saying they had a great time with you kids though.

Take the leap and if you are planning on staying on site check out renting DVC points on this site from another user. It can be a great deal possibly if there is availability.

Down to 89 days......I love Star wars but not too happy about s.w. coming early...wow...May skip HS

Last edited:
We are booked with fingers tightly crossed for September at Pop Century. We wanted POFQ but couldn't swing that price and standard rooms were unavailable. We've never been to Pop but have heard good things. Anyone know what the quietest building is around there to request? We busted out some dining reservations and didn't have any issue. I guess we don't like the popular places lol.

I've also been working out/losing weight in preparation for September trip, but I started in January. I'm down almost 70 lbs (doing low carb/IF) and I just bought a Peloton last week to work on my cardiovascular endurance.

Feeling pretty adamant that I want to stay low carb while I'm in Disney. I'm used to it now and I like the way I feel on it.

Hello, our family will be there September 23 through the 27th. DVC staying at AKV Kidani
First trip for our new granddaughter !
Our December tulip will be our granddaughter's first trip to Disney as well.....never mind the fact that she will only be 15 months.....I will remember it!
I've also been working out/losing weight in preparation for September trip, but I started in January. I'm down almost 70 lbs (doing low carb/IF) and I just bought a Peloton last week to work on my cardiovascular endurance.

Feeling pretty adamant that I want to stay low carb while I'm in Disney. I'm used to it now and I like the way I feel on it.
Kudos to you! I am normally on a keto diet as well but found it near impossible at WDW. I agree it makes me feel so much better but those darn cupcakes are so hard to pass up! I just bring some Simethicone tablets (like GasX) for the inevitable bloating I get from eating gluten. Sorry if that's tmi :rotfl2:

You will walk so much while there. I didnt gain an ounce although I ate a ton!

Kudos to you! I am normally on a keto diet as well but found it near impossible at WDW. I agree it makes me feel so much better but those darn cupcakes are so hard to pass up! I just bring some Simethicone tablets (like GasX) for the inevitable bloating I get from eating gluten. Sorry if that's tmi :rotfl2:

You will walk so much while there. I didnt gain an ounce although I ate a ton!

Thanks for the kudos! I'm not going to be quite as strict as I am at home, but I booked a lot of buffets for dinners, because I figure it will give me more options. For lunches I'll likely just eat a hamburger or grilled chicken sandwich without the bun.

I recently got back from Paris without going off, so I'm hoping I can do the same at Disney. But I do know the exercise will help negate any mild splurges if they happen. :)

Joining the role call!
I'll be there with my sister for our first grown-ups only trip! We are staying at BWV from September 15 - September 21. It's my first time staying on property in over a decade although I've been down twice in the past year. We love Epcot so are very excited to be walking distance to it. Especially during food and wine.
We are still undecided about Hollywood Studios and keep flipping back and forth about what we want to do. I love SW but neither of us want to spend half a day in line, so we'll almost certainly be skipping SWGE but we can't decide if we want to go to HS to do TSL. We didn't go on our last trip because of crowds and we thought we'd be able to do it on this trip before SWGE opened, but no such luck.
I have a feeling we'll be changing our minds right up to FP+ day, but for now we have a dinner reservation on our last afternoon so we know we should be able to make it into the park if we want to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!