**September 2019**

Anyone know some nice places to stop in Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina along 95? We drive down and trying to map good places to see/stop along the way 😁😀😎

There are some great places to eat in Richmond, and some good breweries if that interests you. Lots of parks and museums in the city also. I can make more specific recommendations if you are interested.

And we hit single digits today, 9 days. Packing and gathering has started, I am flying Spirit, so only doing a carry on.. y'all need to pray for me. :scared:

Reactions: wx1
I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my 30 year-old brother in the spring... it is rough for the entire family. We also had a lot of living to do between his passing and the service... it was hard. So I kind of know what you're up against, and the mixed feelings you have (possibly guilt) about your trip that is supposed to be happy, yet with the cloud of grief over it. Hopefully, you will both get to take a breath, enjoy each other, and soak up life. My brother was not ill prior to his passing (it was an accident) and it has made all of us realize how much we need to really live in the day we have and do our best to love and take care of our people while we can. Enjoy your trip and please give my sympathies to your wife.

Thank you but you are so right about the guilty feelings. Just after his death we were concerned because would we look like jerks for being concerned about cancelling our trip? (I would cancel it in a heart beat) but we were at the same time trying to figure out what would be the best way to handle it so it might have came across as us asking a bunch of questions at the wrong time. Anyway we are blessed because they picked the date for the weekend after our trip for a completely different reason so we can do both. We'll still have a good time but might put off posting anything from our trip on social media until after the funeral.

I'll let my wife know. Even though we knew he had a limited time for some reason it still hit us quickly. He was given 4 weeks to live about 2 weeks before he passed. Then last Thursday he came down with pneumonia and he couldn't fight it because he just got off of chemo. Fortunately he went peacefully without pain. They had warned his mom that he could have seizures etc... because of the brain tumors so this was actually a blessing.

And we hit single digits today, 9 days. Packing and gathering has started, I am flying Spirit, so only doing a carry on.. y'all need to pray for me. :scared:

Let us know how the flight goes! I never can get up the nerve to fly them. I'll stick with trusted SWA but sometimes it is tempting. You are doing better than us! All we have done so far is buy some bonine at Target for my wife (she gets sick on screen rides so we are trying that for the first time). I also ordered body glide from Amazon but it hasn't come yet. We'll probably be packing the night before :)

Thank you but you are so right about the guilty feelings. Just after his death we were concerned because would we look like jerks for being concerned about cancelling our trip? (I would cancel it in a heart beat) but we were at the same time trying to figure out what would be the best way to handle it so it might have came across as us asking a bunch of questions at the wrong time. Anyway we are blessed because they picked the date for the weekend after our trip for a completely different reason so we can do both. We'll still have a good time but might put off posting anything from our trip on social media until after the funeral.

I'll let my wife know. Even though we knew he had a limited time for some reason it still hit us quickly. He was given 4 weeks to live about 2 weeks before he passed. Then last Thursday he came down with pneumonia and he couldn't fight it because he just got off of chemo. Fortunately he went peacefully without pain. They had warned his mom that he could have seizures etc... because of the brain tumors so this was actually a blessing.

Oh, I so know those conflicting feelings. You're probably wise to hold off on sharing until after the funeral. Not everyone would understand. My son received a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu belt promotion between my brother's passing and the service, and I even questioned if I should share that. It just seemed wrong to share something happy in the midst of all the grief. My brother would have told me I was dumb to worry about that, but I still did. And my Mom told me I definitely should share it - that we shouldn't allow grief to kill the joy in our lives. So I'm thankful that my family has a practical sense and eternal perspective. That has made a big difference.

I can’t believe I never signed up for this board, but we leave in 4 days! 9/22-9/26.

We had to reschedule our trip due to Dorian, we are SO ready! First time at Beach Club as well as Food & Wine, can’t wait!

What do we think of the new "×" on the hurricane map? Karen? Will this come into play before 9/30? I know nothing and it seems like this one came out of nowhere. The weather man I follow said it could be a doozie.

We have 3 more sleeps before we leave and can't wait! It was been a crazy week with way too many work and volunteer obligations so I am going to end up packing tomorrow night even though we leave on Friday to be closer to the airport for our early Saturday flight. UGH! And we got our niece's suitcase today and need to repack it and make sure she has everything for her first trip. No stress here. Ha!

I can’t believe I never signed up for this board, but we leave in 4 days! 9/22-9/26.

We had to reschedule our trip due to Dorian, we are SO ready! First time at Beach Club as well as Food & Wine, can’t wait!

Welcome we are the same dates same place!

What do we think of the new "×" on the hurricane map? Karen? Will this come into play before 9/30? I know nothing and it seems like this one came out of nowhere. The weather man I follow said it could be a doozie.

X on the map is a disturbance that can lead to a storm. They pop up and fizzle out all the time. No need to worry until it becomes a tropical depression then they will have a somewhat better idea of its track.

Well, suitcases are packed. All but my makeup and toothbrush which will go in tomorrow morning. Then off to work with suitcases in car! Right after work head to Denver for hotel stay near airport and fly out Friday morning at 6:55 am! Hope to be able to sleep on the plane, but with the excitement to arrive in Orlando may hinder that! Next biggest decision is whether or not to allow ME to claim my luggage or pick it up myself and take with me to resort.

Anyone know some nice places to stop in Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina along 95? We drive down and trying to map good places to see/stop along the way 😁😀😎

I know people are telling you NOT to stop at South of the Border in Dillion, SC, but it is such a classic roadside weird stop! Plus on some days you can go up into the Sombero. It isn't out of the way, and is a great place to stretch and grab some gas. Also you can take pictures with all the weird roadside "things" they have there. We always used to drive down there when the bars closed when I was younger to keep the parties going.

JR Outlet is great in Smithfield though it's kinda run down. I was just up that way this past month cause of my grandfather being put in a hospice home up there for his end-of-life care and I was kinda shocked to see that JR looked kinda well, crummy compared to what it used to when I was a kid.

Reactions: wx1
Yesterday, I tidy'd up my house just a little bit. Got an exam to do at 12:30pm with my professor who is kindly allowing me to take it early to not have a terrible grade on it. Also - got some things I need to send off to some people. Stop by the store and pick up a new bra cause my other ones are running ragged. Pack my bags, get some rest cause I'll be flying out early FRIDAY at 7:25am.

I know people are telling you NOT to stop at South of the Border in Dillion, SC, but it is such a classic roadside weird stop! Plus on some days you can go up into the Sombero. It isn't out of the way, and is a great place to stretch and grab some gas. Also you can take pictures with all the weird roadside "things" they have there. We always used to drive down there when the bars closed when I was younger to keep the parties going.

JR Outlet is great in Smithfield though it's kinda run down. I was just up that way this past month cause of my grandfather being put in a hospice home up there for his end-of-life care and I was kinda shocked to see that JR looked kinda well, crummy compared to what it used to when I was a kid.

I haven't been to South of the Border in over 20 years, but my family used to drive down to Disney from NY 3 to 4 times a year and stopping there was the highlight of our drive! We used to see who could be the first to find every billboard and would count down the miles until we got there. And then would buy fireworks to bring home. 🤣

Praying there aren’t any hurricanes! I’m watching jerry now. I didn’t realize Huberto was still around. I hope that doesn’t hit the northeast. I can’t read hurricane maps! We leave next Thursday!!

Praying there aren’t any hurricanes! I’m watching jerry now. I didn’t realize Huberto was still around. I hope that doesn’t hit the northeast. I can’t read hurricane maps! We leave next Thursday!!
We leave next Saturday, so not long after you. I'm not worried about Jerry, it's path looks far out from land. A new "Disturbance" popped up today with a 40% chance of cyclone formation in the next 5 days - I'd worry more about that one, but we don't know it's path yet.

I haven't been to South of the Border in over 20 years, but my family used to drive down to Disney from NY 3 to 4 times a year and stopping there was the highlight of our drive! We used to see who could be the first to find every billboard and would count down the miles until we got there. And then would buy fireworks to bring home. 🤣
We loved the billboards and counting down too.
I can’t believe they drove that far so many times a year!

I can’t believe we are two days away! We started making a pile of stuff to pack in our closet. We can’t have it out because we haven’t told the kids where we are going without them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!