*September 2019 Check-In*

We are planning our trip for 9/22-9/28. Staying at the Hilton Homewood Suites. Doing Oogie Boogie on 9/24. My first trip back to Disneyland since 2011 and only 2nd in 20 years, though used to hit the park weekly back in the day when So Cal Annual Passes were $99!

So wait did I read this correctly that the fireworks don't go on except Friday, Saturday & Sunday come September?

My September trip is starting to take shape! Staying Club Level at Grand Californian from the 19-23 at the end of a 10-day Cali trip.
So far, I have an party ticket for the 19th and Chef's Counter at Napa Rose on the 22nd! Debating making more ADRs, but I think I'll probably play it by ear instead.

For anyone who has done a DCA Halloween party before - do lots of food & drink locations stay open? Wondering if I might be able to sneak into Lamplight during the party, or get in some Sonoma Terrace time before World of Color.
Funny, a rundisney person in the wild. We will be there from from the 14th through the 20th of Sept. If you see a big tall bald guy with and itty-bitty family say hello, or else we’ll meet marathon weekend.

Will anybody that is there, staying on site, from the 24th - 27th be considering doing the Get up and Go Power Walk?

I figure it will be the closest I ever get to an actual Disney Run LOL.

I'm aiming for the Thursday morning one (26th)!

Will anybody that is there, staying on site, from the 24th - 27th be considering doing the Get up and Go Power Walk?

I figure it will be the closest I ever get to an actual Disney Run LOL.

I'm aiming for the Thursday morning one (26th)!
That’s the morning I’m considering it!

That’s the morning I’m considering it!

Oh fun! DH won't join me as it just isn't his thing. The 6am seems early, but we are from 3 hours later time difference, so with it only our second morning in California, I figure it will still feel like 9am lol!

We are staying at DLH, so I'll need to sort out how to get to GCH on Wednesday so I'm not late....

Oh fun! DH won't join me as it just isn't his thing. The 6am seems early, but we are from 3 hours later time difference, so with it only our second morning in California, I figure it will still feel like 9am lol!

We are staying at DLH, so I'll need to sort out how to get to GCH on Wednesday so I'm not late....
I will be alone too, DH will stay and sleep in with DD. I just have to push through that early start! :) I have no idea how to get to the start location, but I’m sure concierge at the DLH will be helpful. So excited for another “new” to me experience.

I will be alone too, DH will stay and sleep in with DD. I just have to push through that early start! :) I have no idea how to get to the start location, but I’m sure concierge at the DLH will be helpful. So excited for another “new” to me experience.

Well, with us both at DLH, we can meet there first and walk over together if that works for you? We can touch base that week to confirm if we are both going to do it for sure and meet in the lobby maybe.

Super fun - I'm so looking forward to seeing the park empty (even if we can't take photos lol).

Well, with us both at DLH, we can meet there first and walk over together if that works for you? We can touch base that week to confirm if we are both going to do it for sure and meet in the lobby maybe.

Super fun - I'm so looking forward to seeing the park empty (even if we can't take photos lol).
Great idea!!

So wait did I read this correctly that the fireworks don't go on except Friday, Saturday & Sunday come September?
Yes, that's usually the case when it's not summer or a holiday, like Spring break.

It seems like usually WOC is still on most nights, though. It really varies from year to year. I was looking at past years' schedules, and WOC was going most nights in Sept (except when it was down for refurb).

Funny, a rundisney person in the wild. We will be there from from the 14th through the 20th of Sept. If you see a big tall bald guy with and itty-bitty family say hello, or else we’ll meet marathon weekend.
Adding you to the list on page one-- did you want to say where you are staying?

Also, "itty bitty" how? Like your spouse and kids are really short (like me), or you have just the one family member with you? :P

Adding you to the list on page one-- did you want to say where you are staying?

Also, "itty bitty" how? Like your spouse and kids are really short (like me), or you have just the one family member with you? :P

Well, my partner is 5’2” to my 6’5”, our daughter was a 29.4 week preemie, and her height is doing well, but she is struggling to put on weight. She is fine, but everybody else has these little plump babies and ours is not.

If you want to add we arrive the 14th and leave the 20th, and we are splitting our stay between Majestic Garden and Grand Californian. OBB on the 17th.

Well, my partner is 5’2” to my 6’5”, our daughter was a 29.4 week preemie, and her height is doing well, but she is struggling to put on weight. She is fine, but everybody else has these little plump babies and ours is not.

If you want to add we arrive the 14th and leave the 20th, and we are splitting our stay between Majestic Garden and Grand Californian. OBB on the 17th.
Added! Glad to hear your daughter is doing fine. A couple of my brothers had preemie babies, I know about those "itty bitty but thriving" kiddos. Hope you have a great trip!

My oldest was a preemie (not as early as your dear girl) and also diagnosed with Celiac Disease at 2 years old and has also struggled to put on weight her whole life. She will be 15 next month and barely tipping the scales at around 86 lbs. We love Disney vacations though as she always puts on weight! She put on almost 5 lbs on our last trip in 2015, hoping for a similar outcome this time!

There is usually a special fireworks show on Halloween party nights. Hallowishes. That's usually listed separately.

There won’t be fireworks on party nights this year. Since it’s taking place at DCA there will be a special Fantasmic show instead.

I’ve been many times in September and there have never been fireworks during the week.

My cousin and I will be in Cali 22-28th and in the parks 23-27th and will be attending the Halloween parties on the 24th and 26th!!
We will be staying at the Red Lion Hotel Anaheim!

When do we think Fantasmic dining will be available? 30 days out maybe?
I keep checking back too! My TA has us booked for a lunch at the Blue Bayou on Sept 13th with the hope that once the Fantasmic times are out, she can swap to be part of the dining package.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter