September 2015 Car Rental Watch

Alamo dropped today for me from my previous lowest price. Went down about $40 for 2 wks. HTH!

Switched from dollar to Alamo for a 9 day minivan rental and saved $48! Used visa code and visa $30 coupon. Down $120 from when we planned the trip 4 weeks ago!

Must be my dates. Booked Alamo awhile ago and no drops for me. Been sitting at the same rate forever. Would love to see a drop. I still have a great price though. Using passholder rate and $30 coupon.

EEEK...I have a really good rate ($80.XXX all-inclusive) for my 9-17 through 22nd full-size, but always trying to do better....if nothing else, I will try Priceline in another two weeks...

And, I was expecting things to drop, but not only have they not, they have gone up, up, up...what is that 1960's song.... UP UP AND AWAY>

Good luck out there, hope there is some movement.

Has anyone rented with EZ at MCO? They are a few dollars cheaper than Thrifty and Dollar but was wondering if anyone has had a bad experience.

Thanks for the update. With my BJs membership and the $30 VISA coupon, I grabbed a compact for 11 days (9/23 - 10/4) for $155.40. Since I only need the rental for a couple of days, I will keep checking for a lower rate.

ETA: Same rate with Alamo Insider and VISA coupon.

Last edited:
It sure did drop in Alamo--BIG DROP...Got economy for $151.96 TOTAL for 11 days!! Best price i have seen!!! WOOT!! :yay:

:disrocks:
OH MY GOODNESS!!!! THIS IS WONDERFUL!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

This is what I had:
Pick up 9/5 @ FLL; Return 9/12 @ MCO. Used Costco (7014627) & Visa (AD2338FDF) & Alamo Insiders Club... Full size was $162.17 that I booked mid-July. I was satisfied with this rate, but hoped to do better.

This morning I found (and booked!):
Same Pick up / Return dates; same codes... Full size is now $90.21

WOO HOO!!!! :dancer::dancer::dancer:

Savings of $71.96!! That can help pay for one of my OOP table service meals!!! (I have 4 on the meal plan, but am using 2 @ CRT.)

But I should also point out when I went to Alamo to cancel the first reservation, it was down about $20 automatically...it now listed my "all in" total as $145. But I did even better thanks to my friends on the DIS!!!!

:thanks::thanks::thanks:

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!! :love2::love2::love2:

I hope you all have the same luck!!!!

Last edited:
Nothing major for my dates (6-11). No Saturday night so that seems to drive up price and I can't use the $30 coupon.

Sitting on a $120 rental from dollar after taxes for a full size

And, I was expecting things to drop, but not only have they not, they have gone up, up, up...what is that 1960's song.... UP UP AND AWAY>

in my beautiful balloon...
come fly with me in my beautiful balloon...
my beautiful
my beautiful
balllllooonnnnn

Sorry - we were literally at a balloon glow last night....song is fresh in my head.

Check your existing reservations. I have 3 and all are lower. Seems the Florida daily fee was removed from each. I did nothing and went to modifying and they were all lower. I had to compare to figure out what had changed.

Check your existing reservations. I have 3 and all are lower. Seems the Florida daily fee was removed from each. I did nothing and went to modifying and they were all lower. I had to compare to figure out what had changed.

I started a thread about this earlier today. I had an existing reservation change on me and had wondered why. Because of your post, I checked it again and saw that it was the Florida surcharge that was missing in the new lower price.

I started a thread about this earlier today. I had an existing reservation change on me and had wondered why. Because of your post, I checked it again and saw that it was the Florida surcharge that was missing in the new lower price.

yea, you all should check your existing reservations for Alamo....i just checked mine and mine went from $151.00 to $131.00!! WOOT!!!!! I didn't even do anything!!! I wonder if they removing Fl Surcharge as of Sept....

Just went on the Alamo site and used AU4224FDC which a 2 category upgrade and the Costco 7014627 code and wound up with a standard for $158.07 for an 8 day rental.

Just went on the Alamo site and used AU4224FDC which a 2 category upgrade and the Costco 7014627 code and wound up with a standard for $158.07 for an 8 day rental.

Used the Costco code and took out the Costco code -- still the same price either way. And, still about 120 percent more than I already have....just goes to show, what works for one, won't necessarily work for others, but always worth a try.

If this is because of FL surcharge will it be applied to all rental car companies or just Alamo. Our rates with Alamo dropped and the surcharge was removed,

If this is because of FL surcharge will it be applied to all rental car companies or just Alamo. Our rates with Alamo dropped and the surcharge was removed,

It was removed from my national rental too.

Used the Costco code and took out the Costco code -- still the same price either way. And, still about 120 percent more than I already have....just goes to show, what works for one, won't necessarily work for others, but always worth a try.
Yep, but never give up, might just have been the dates I entered, seems to change almost daily.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter