September 2011 - The Planning Continues! (2nd Thread)

Today hasn't been going well, I was ironing DH's and my shirts/dresses so I can pack them and I found holes and a grease stain on one of DH's shirts, a black/blue spot on my favorite pink dress (something must have ran color on it in the wash) and the iron burned a pink top on me! (Apparently I need to not buy pink any more!)

Trying to look on the bright side, we are changing a day or two around and I added a Liberty Tree Tavern ressie before our Wishes Dessert Party. We have never been there before, anyone have any opinions?

We ate at LTT last Sept.... I loved it, DM didn't care for it.... I am not sure why, maybe because she prefers steak on vacation? The food was awesome and I am not your typical comfort food lover. The only thing I didn't care for was that the bathroom was upstairs, its just not handicapped accessible.

2 days left. :eek:

Right now there is a bounceback in the room for FD for next year so I'm hoping to book when we get there. We are going to do 12 days next year.

Wow could this really be true a bounceback with free dining.? I hope so. Looking forward to hearing from you when you get back. I hope you have a magical trip. :wizard:

irene has literally split the state by night and day. I'm in charlotte in warm sunny with a little breeze east raining tornado warning lots of winds. really bizarre. You can see some outer remants but that's about it. We have a house in raleigh but friends say looks like everything is ok for now. We went thru hurricane isabelle in 2003 it was a category 2 when it made landfall. Peice of cake, didn't even loose electricity in fact I think I took a nap that day. Perfect sleeping weather.

irene has literally split the state by night and day. I'm in charlotte in warm sunny with a little breeze east raining tornado warning lots of winds. really bizarre. You can see some outer remants but that's about it. We have a house in raleigh but friends say looks like everything is ok for now. We went thru hurricane isabelle in 2003 it was a category 2 when it made landfall. Peice of cake, didn't even loose electricity in fact I think I took a nap that day. Perfect sleeping weather.
We are in the Triangle and things are calm right now, except the obvious smell of forest fire. Irene is blowing in smoke from the fire in northeast North Carolina at the Great Dismal Swamp. Hopefully this storm will extinguish the fire!

http://hamptonroads.com/2011/08/firefighters-hope-irene-puts-dent-swamp-blaze

Mickey soft pretzels? Just like in our Mr. Potato Head set! DD will be happy about that :).

Well, we're off to the Quad Cities (hi MikellaCinderella!) for the weekend for a Disney princess themed 3-year old birthday party for my niece. I hope everyone has a safe weekend with all the hurricane danger.

Got a little smudgy due to my left-handedness....
But here is todays drawing.....

ladyandthetramp.jpg

My mom and i are staying at the poly the 16-30 of september.

just got our DME package and i cant wait!

Going for my 21st birthday :cool1:

Thanks for all the LTT replies! I am feeling very confident it was a good choice (the only choice for dinner in MK before 8pm:rotfl2:) but orginally we were planning on heading to DTD for Earl of Sandwich that day, but I think that's just too much, AK morning, Pop for nap, DTD then heading to MK for wishes, I don't know if I could keep up not to mention my toddler:confused3 I can't believe the restrooms are upstairs:scared1: It seems like it would be a law that they must be accessible, or maybe they get around it since MK has 100 restrooms, but still! I'll make a note to change DD's diaper before dinner, so I don't have to carry her up stairs, she's a heavy little thing ;)

I do want to say even though its now where's near the same situation, I am amazed to find (locally) the number of public restrooms in resturants that lack a baby changing station! I can count atleast 5 places we eat regularly that don't have anywhere's to change a baby (and yes both DH and I checked and checked the accessible restrooms):scared1: Thank goodness we won't have that issue at WDW! Just stairs :rotfl2:

You are so right about the cabs. I think it's about $25 each way. We budget it for it...just in case. So, if we don't go there's extra money for Mickey!!!

I just love that POP doesn't share a bus. That is a big reason why we stay there. Never knew how much a cab would be. We have an early breakfast at The Wave. Hope we don't need a cab.

I love that your dd's first haircut will be at the harmony barbers! Please post pics in your trip report!!

Trip Report? I hadn't thought of doing one. I mainly access the Internet from my iphone/iPad. That being said I can't upload to the Internet from it, or go to any Disney pages with flash :sad1:. I wish Apple and Adobe could just cooperate with each other. I will try to turn the laptop on and do a short one. Might be kinda fun... Or addicting.

I have to train the girl covering for me while I'm gone - she knows the information, just not the program used for it so we have that to do

That is one of the main reasons we are leaving on a Tuesday. I have to go to work Monday to do my job for the week. I've tried training people, and even writing a manual using very basic, 6th grade level terms (ie take the yellow paper and attach it to the pink paper). Every time I leave it is all there when I get back :sad1: most of my work has sensitive timelines, some legal, you should have seen the emails and phone calls while I was on maternity leave :rotfl2:(and yes I logged all that time in, you call me you pay me).

What else i have left to do:
Haircut today :cheer2:
Pedicure tomorrow :cool1:
Work Monday :sad1:
Fly Tuesday :banana:

Check this out
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/08/16/mickey-shaped-pretzels-spotted-in-disney-world/

Mickey shaped soft pretzels available at the foodcart in Frontierland.
I am betting it's a snack point!

Oooo I love soft pretzels, and anything that is Mickey shaped tastes SOOOO much better! Thanks for sharing this! popcorn::

Woke up to extremely overcast skies here in NYC. I'm getting super nervous.
Ugh I can't even imagine....stay safe!!!!! :grouphug:

But here is todays drawing.....

Adorable as always!:flower3: Lady and the Tramp was one of my favorite movies as a child!​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter