September 2009 couples getting hitched...

The web links are to the couples PJ, if you've started one post the link to it here so it can be added to the list.

YAY!:goodvibes I was so excited to see me and Petey up there, hope that everything is going well for all the September bride's :bride:

Hey everyone! Don't know why it took me so long to find this thread!! My DF and I are getting married on the 9/20/09 sailing of the Wonder! Then we're honeymooning in WDW! As of right now, we're booked at the Contemporary, but we're debating whether to switch to AKL... We really wanted the poly but they didn't have any standard rooms available for our dates... we could've gotten a lagoon view for about $275 or so a night with the 40% PIN we got, but just didn't want to spend that much money. Would rather spend it on other things... :thumbsup2 We got a pretty good rate at the Contemporary, though.. $168/night in the garden wing.... crossing our fingers for an upgrade to the tower... ;)

So far the cruise is just the 2 of us with the possibility of 1 or 2 other couples joining us (friends). We aren't really "inviting" anyone for various reasons. We've both been married before but never really had THE wedding we wanted. We're both Disney nuts so when we came across the DCL wedding we were SOLD!!

I've got at least 30 pounds to lose before I can look at dresses and really hope to lose 40 before the wedding. Right now I'm debating whether to get a new dress or whether to wear the dress my mom wore for her second wedding. My sister also wore it for her very simple wedding at the courthouse a couple months ago. It's white, not long... but nice... would save money and would be neat if all 3 of us wore it for our second weddings (it was my sister's second wedding also)... so still debating on that. Will definitely have to lose the weight to do that, though, cuz my sister and my mom are much smaller than I am!! I've gained like 25 pounds just in the last 6 months... :eek: :mad:

Hey everyone! Don't know why it took me so long to find this thread!! My DF and I are getting married on the 9/20/09 sailing of the Wonder! Then we're honeymooning in WDW! As of right now, we're booked at the Contemporary, but we're debating whether to switch to AKL... We really wanted the poly but they didn't have any standard rooms available for our dates... we could've gotten a lagoon view for about $275 or so a night with the 40% PIN we got, but just didn't want to spend that much money. Would rather spend it on other things... :thumbsup2 We got a pretty good rate at the Contemporary, though.. $168/night in the garden wing.... crossing our fingers for an upgrade to the tower... ;)

So far the cruise is just the 2 of us with the possibility of 1 or 2 other couples joining us (friends). We aren't really "inviting" anyone for various reasons. We've both been married before but never really had THE wedding we wanted. We're both Disney nuts so when we came across the DCL wedding we were SOLD!!

I've got at least 30 pounds to lose before I can look at dresses and really hope to lose 40 before the wedding. Right now I'm debating whether to get a new dress or whether to wear the dress my mom wore for her second wedding. My sister also wore it for her very simple wedding at the courthouse a couple months ago. It's white, not long... but nice... would save money and would be neat if all 3 of us wore it for our second weddings (it was my sister's second wedding also)... so still debating on that. Will definitely have to lose the weight to do that, though, cuz my sister and my mom are much smaller than I am!! I've gained like 25 pounds just in the last 6 months... :eek: :mad:

:welcome: party:

Glad you can join us September brides! I too am trying to lose weight for my wedding and have the same goals as you! I have been going to the gym most mornings although lately its been rough cuz we all were sick with a stomach bug!:sick: Do you have a planning journal? I am so nosy. i like to read about everyone's plans!!

Yay for another Sept 09 bride!!!!!!Welcome!!!! We would love to read all about your plans.

Thanks! Yes, I have a PJ but it's not very extensive and really won't be. I don't have a lot of planning to do since it's a very simple DCL wedding with really no guests, maybe a few friends and that's it. So no reception to plan, no favors, etc... although I'm thinking about doing some sort of favors and using them for Fish Extender gifts, if anyone on our cruise does it. Cake is a simple thing... I only have a few options to choose from. Need to pick all my music, and that's been kinda tough. Nothing has said, "THAT'S IT!" for me so far except our first dance song, which I had figured out from the get-go... "God Bless the Broken Road" cuz it totally is my story! Oh, and someone here who did a DCL VR (sorry, I forget names) had a song "The Luckiest" that I think I'm going to steal and use somehow...;)

hello,
Can anyone tell me how I start a planning journal??
and how did you guys all figure it out, I am so not computer savvy.

We also have a planning journal.

You will need to post a link to your PJ, along with dates to be included.

hello,
Can anyone tell me how I start a planning journal??
and how did you guys all figure it out, I am so not computer savvy.

at the top it says planning our happily ever after, click on it then click on New thread and start typing away.

Okay, probably a really stupid question.... but I'm not very computer literate... I started a PJ, but how do I put a link to it in my siggy?

We're getting married on September 11 at the Wedding Pavilion. We have our date confirmed and are just waiting on getting our "official" contract back. So, yeah, we have no wedding planner until we sign the contract...another 3ish weeks until then...I join all the other brides in saying I feel so BEHIND looking at some of you really productive people! All we have is a ceremony site, location site, and honeymoon night...EEEK!!! :confused3

Hi there everyone,
It's really cool to see how this thread keeps growing. Well, last week I got my guest list in for the save the dates. We are going to use Disney's. Do any of you know how long it will take for them to be ready to go out? But, now I still feel like I'm not sure what to be doing.
1. We booked the officiant we are using Rev. Tim Herring. We meet with him and Rev. Jack Day I liked them both but the family's vote was for Rev Tim because my DF's family knew him in a round about way (his kids went to same school Jeff did and stuff) so they hit it off with stuff to talk about.
But, I need to ASAP book Jeff and my rooms, and find a cosmetologist! I am having a really hard time finding someone I like because I myself am a stylist.(which makes me picker, I guess) Do any of you know who your using, yet? I'm just have so many Little things to work on I can't focus on one.
I need to start a PJ.

We're getting married on September 11 at the Wedding Pavilion. We have our date confirmed and are just waiting on getting our "official" contract back. So, yeah, we have no wedding planner until we sign the contract...another 3ish weeks until then...I join all the other brides in saying I feel so BEHIND looking at some of you really productive people! All we have is a ceremony site, location site, and honeymoon night...EEEK!!! :confused3

Welcome!!!! Congrats, Can't wait to hear about all your plans!!!

Hi there everyone,
It's really cool to see how this thread keeps growing. Well, last week I got my guest list in for the save the dates. We are going to use Disney's. Do any of you know how long it will take for them to be ready to go out? But, now I still feel like I'm not sure what to be doing.
1. We booked the officiant we are using Rev. Tim Herring. We meet with him and Rev. Jack Day I liked them both but the family's vote was for Rev Tim because my DF's family knew him in a round about way (his kids went to same school Jeff did and stuff) so they hit it off with stuff to talk about.
But, I need to ASAP book Jeff and my rooms, and find a cosmetologist! I am having a really hard time finding someone I like because I myself am a stylist.(which makes me picker, I guess) Do any of you know who your using, yet? I'm just have so many Little things to work on I can't focus on one.
I need to start a PJ.

Yay for booking the officiant!! and for getting the STD's list in. I turned my list in 2 weeks before thanksgiving and they were sent out 12/3. Of course factor in the holiday and the fact that I had them do half of mine in spanish and include my website information on it~ yours will probably not take as long. I would figure 2 weeks to go out.

I am using Anna from Beautie Speciale. I think she's fabulous!!!! I used her for my engament picture shoot with Randy:

This is what I look like on a normal day...
photo.jpg

DSC02585.jpg

and this is what I looked like for our epics, after anna finshed working her magic. I have really curly hair and usually it is frizzy and a mess. The day we took our pics it was raining all day and nasty and I think my hair still looks amazing.
CS00759-5-09-2.jpg

CS00169-5-09.jpg

HTH! Oh and you need to start a PJ girl so we can follow along.

Congratulations! Have you picked your colors yet? I'm looking forward to hearing your plans! :cheer2:

Hi there everyone,
I need to start a PJ.

I did my guest list today! I'm so glad that is over! I'm using Disney's STD's too...one less thing to do! I haven't picked anyone for my hair and makeup yet either, or should I say, I haven't made the call yet....I think I'm going to use Beauty Speciale. I'm afraid of getting a beehive hairdo that I can't fix before it's time to go down the aisle. :scared1:

Wait I DO have a theme. Does that count? We're going for Beauty and the Beast as our big thing...so gold, royal blue, and red (red mostly for flowers and all that). It worked in the movie. :goodvibes

Wait I DO have a theme. Does that count? We're going for Beauty and the Beast as our big thing...so gold, royal blue, and red (red mostly for flowers and all that). It worked in the movie. :goodvibes

Oh that sounds beautiful! Can't wait to see how it turns out!

SEPTEMBER 2009 BRIDES

Aug. 31: Jaclyn and Matthew (Mermaidbride1108)
PJ: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1684430

Sept. 3: Christine and Andrew (AuntPunkin)
PJ: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1924020

Sept. 5: Carolina and Sergio (camara381)
PJ: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1807984

Sept. 5: (kiaihana)

Sept. 7: Gail and Ian (DISNEY*lover)
PG: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1875691

Sept. 9: Lisa and Stan (tinkerlisa)
PJ: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2010439

Sept. 9: Meesha and Neo (MeeshKapeesh)
PJ: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1567736

Sept. 10: Kayleigh and Pete (scarlet-la-belle)
PJ: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1934255

Sept. 11: (PipesofLirael)

Sept. 14: Jenn and John (inkedupmomma)

Sept. 16: Aeriell and Mike (AeriellDawn)
PJ: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1835294

Sept. 17: David and Ian (daveyc150 and epcot1982UK)
PJ: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1992140

Sept. 21: Jenn and Joe

Disney Cruise Line:

Sept. 12 sailing: (poohbear111)

Sept. 20 Wonder Sailing: Michelle and Wade (DCLbrideSept2009)
PJ: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2051520

-------------
updated 01/20

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter