September 18th, 2022: 12-Night Westbound Transatlantic from Dover to NY (Le Havre, Plymouth, Vigo, King’s Wharf)

Could be, but DCL has just sent out below. I wish they would stop with the 'further details to be shared on board.'

In addition to obtaining an approved Travel Authorization and providing proof of vaccination, the Government of Bermuda requires all Guests on the transatlantic sailing from Dover to New York complete an antigen test onboard the ship no more than two days prior to arrival in Bermuda. Further details about this testing will be shared onboard.

Could be, but DCL has just sent out below. I wish they would stop with the 'further details to be shared on board.'

In addition to obtaining an approved Travel Authorization and providing proof of vaccination, the Government of Bermuda requires all Guests on the transatlantic sailing from Dover to New York complete an antigen test onboard the ship no more than two days prior to arrival in Bermuda. Further details about this testing will be shared onboard.
I know. I got the same thing. That's why DCL is wrong unless they feel it is too complicated just to test the people going ashore in Bermuda.

To be honest, all the hoops... it has taken out all the fun of this cruise. If I test positive before Dover, I won't be too sad. I will probably feel relieved that all the hassle is over

To be honest, all the hoops... it has taken out all the fun of this cruise. If I test positive before Dover, I won't be too sad. I will probably feel relieved that all the hassle is over
I understand. I really don't see how they are going to make people take a test at sea before Bermuda if they don't want to. We Americans can be very stubborn.

I understand. I really don't see how they are going to make people take a test at sea before Bermuda if they don't want to. We Americans can be very stubborn.
We also have quite some Dutch and Scottish people on board. We also score really high on the stubbornness scale 😉

The current variations takes 5 days to show up in tests. That means we can get quite some people on board carrying and infecting before we reach the 2 days before Bermuda. It is going to be so quiet the last part of the cruise.

I'm glad that we are arriving at Heathrow Saturday morning and just spending the night at the Ibis airport hotel and heading back to the terminal in the morning to catch the shuttle to the port. The port shuttle will have a much easier way with traffic from Heathrow than the shuttles picking up from hotels in the city.

Not that I will, but will we be able to book the Austrlian sailings on board, as they become available to the public when we are at sea?

COVID Tests completed and uploaded - We're clear to sail.
Finally!
Now to start packing...

I wish you all safe and healthy travel! We opted out for many reasons, and Tom and I have each had health procedure this week. We both are recovering.

I sincerely hope we have fewer Covid worries and procedures. It is very stressful.

Hope you all enjoy your sailing! We are booked on the 5 night October 16th Bermuda sailing out of NYC on the Magic. If possible could anyone post when you return some things for me if you can?

What were the bingo prices?
Is everything self serve again on the ship? (Buffet, ice cream, snacks)
Any navigator photos or video capture of activity times and offerings.
The hours of the quick serve places and buffet.
Kids menus from the main dining rooms.
Was there a spa raffle the first day?
What movies were offered in the theater?
Any DVC presentations with the gift card raffle?
Any interesting ice cream flavors on your sailing?
Any buffet food offerings in O’Gill’s pub again? (What time offered)
Any spa deals you found good?
Anyone have a kid in EDGE? How was it?
They still offer refills on Disney popcorn buckets previously purchased?

Any info you can provide is greatly appreciated but over all enjoy your sailing! Can’t wait until it is our turn. :goodvibes

Link to our sailings meet thread I created if your curious.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...gh-seas-cruise-from-new-york-bermuda.3842423/

Last edited:
:wave2: Welcome Back! Hope everyone had a great trip. If you can please answer some of my questions in the previous post it would be a great help. Thanks :thumbsup2

Here is the Disney Magic at NYC Port as the Carnival Magic is leaving.A84D61F7-8DF1-4DA9-A622-BA5C198D3276.jpeg

Adding a zoomed in photo.
330620D9-05E2-4CA9-8ACB-D1AFE9556EA9.jpeg

Last edited:
1. What were the bingo prices?
2. Is everything self serve again on the ship? (Buffet, ice cream, snacks)
3. Any navigator photos or video capture of activity times and offerings.
4. The hours of the quick serve places and buffet.
5. Kids menus from the main dining rooms.
6. Was there a spa raffle the first day?
7. What movies were offered in the theater?
8. Any DVC presentations with the gift card raffle?
9. Any interesting ice cream flavors on your sailing?
10. Any buffet food offerings in O’Gill’s pub again? (What time offered)
11. Any spa deals you found good?
12.Anyone have a kid in EDGE? How was it?
13. They still offer refills on Disney popcorn buckets previously purchased?
Hey there, will try to answer what I know.
2. Soft serve was the only exception that wasn't self serve.
3. I have started a trip report thread, I have screenshots and lists of what is offered. Will post them later.
4. Cabanas was open 7-11 for breakfast and 12-2 for lunch. Didnt notice them being open for dinner. This morning on debarkation day 6.30-8.30.
Quick service on deck was open till 11pm I think.
6. Yes, there was a spa raffle.
7. I have a list somewhere but at least Pinocchio, Thor, Dr. Strange, the Rocketeer.
8. No DVC talk on the TA. They were on board if I remember correctly they will restart on the Magic soon with the talks.
9. I think there was pina colada. Furthermore we had vanille, chocolate, banana for sure.
10. Yes, in the evening there were snacks in the Promenade Lounge and O'Gills.
11. I paid $250 ($291 incl tax) for a full cruise rainforest room pass. I think it was a good deal. $29 for day passes.
13. Not 100% sure, I say yes.

Some additional comments:

1. What were the bingo prices? $25 for a 3 card paper card. At the final bingo, they ran out of electronic sets, which offered a better value – I think $40 got you 24 cards, $50 got you 48 cards.
2. Is everything self serve again on the ship? (Buffet, ice cream, snacks) Agree that everything was self serve except the soft serve ice cream. I noted frequent changes of the serving utensils in Cabanas. Only a smattering of mask wearers throughout the ship.
4. The hours of the quick serve places and buffet. Daisy’s Delights was NOT open in the early morning. It opens after Cabanas breakfast closes. Bummer for those looking for something light before starting morning workouts.
5. Kids menus from the main dining rooms. All menus (adult and kids) will be available on the app. Paper menus were available on request from your server. The kids menu standards were mac and cheese, chicken nuggets, and mini hamburgers, with one more main item offered such as pizza or pasta.
9. Any interesting ice cream flavors on your sailing? Note: Pineapple and coconut was available - it's not labeled as “Pina colada”.
10. Any buffet food offerings in O’Gill’s pub again? (What time offered) We only saw veggie crudities, chips and cheese sauce, hotdogs, and possibly some chicken wings in the evening after 10 pm.

We found several vegetarian options at dinner quite tasty and a nice alternative to the various big chicken and beef dishes offered. Our server steered us to the best.
The shawarma staff was willing to provide us with pita, hummus, and dabs of the other dips for an afternoon snack.
If you're getting lunch in Cabanas, always start by going to the far end of the line to see what the day's specialty food is before loading your plate up: I remember Italian, taco, German (wurst), seafood, and Indian (especially good).

And one more tip for those deck 9 beverage trips. The hot cups for coffee/tea/hot chocolate get very warm, and it can be tough to juggle more than one beverage cup. I know that some folks bring along beverage carriers from fast food places, but my lazy habit is to use the metal tray from the stateroom that is under the water glasses, which can carries four beverages easily.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter